(Just Returned Home)DLR 7/12-7/19 - RHMH 2014 Disneyland Trip Report - Best Time Ever

RHMH

FTW Texas
Welcome to WDW Vet's - 2014 First time to Disneyland Trip Report.

Best Day Of My Life Video = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HEnYlb7oBM

Introducing The Cast Members.

Midori - My Darling, Darling Daughter

Lucy - My DD's Best Friend

Kathleen - Lucy's Mother

Bob - AKA - RHMH

We arrived in Anaheim around 12:00 Noon Pacific time and had to wait until 3:00 PM to check in. We decided to drive to Wal-Mart less than 1 third of a mile to gather some grocery items.

Check in at 3:00 PM and unpacked, cleaned up and took a Uber Private Driver to DTD. Arrived at DTD around 5:30 PM and walked to the Monorail Station to meet Dismamx2 & Dsny1mom and a Online Game / Chat Room Friend (Monica) of Lucy's

Day 1 - DTD

After the Meet & Greet - we decided to walk over to the California Grand to check in for our evening at the Storyteller's Café

We checked in 15 minutes prior to our reservation time and was seated in 5 minutes. Our server was fron Japan so I chated with her in Japanese for a couple of minutes and then ordered. Midori & Lucy had New York Strips and Kathleen & I had the buffet. The Food and Service were A+++ in my books.

We all did some shopping, Midori found a Sephora's and spent 75.00 on makeup.. WOW!!!! did not see that was happening until she came out with her shopping bag. Oh Well - it's her money!!!!

Midori & Dad (Bob)

Day 2 - DLP

We arrived around 8:45am, traded our way.com etickets for our regular tickets and entered the park. Noticed how compact the park was and enjoyed how easy it was to navigate around.

Really liked the parks being so close to each other and the common area between the 2 parks..

Went straight over and rode Space Mountain. Midori mentioned SM ride was not like the one at WDW... No drops, but we liked the ride just as well. We rode Space Mountain a couple of times since the crowd levels seemed lower than we were used to at WDW.

Midori & Lucy on Space Mountain. We loved all of the neat sound affects through out the whole ride.

Walked a short distance and rode the Matterhorn Bobsled. I will post a You Tube Video later of the ride when we get home. The last time I rode the Matterhorn was either 1968 or 1970, can't seem to remember exactly when I visited DLP when I was very young.

We walked around and caught a few more ride until our 12 noon reservations at the House of Blues.

The time was 11:45 PM and we needed to get to DTD for our 12 Noon Lunch reservations at the House of Blues

I purchased a 50.00 off of a required 100.00 purchase from ebay / rest.com for 6.00 and cashed it in. Our bill for lunch was 112.00, Kathleen & I split the lunch 31.00 plus tip.

Midori had the Classic Club Sandwich and a Raspberry Lemonade, Lucy had the Juicy Lucy Burger, Raspberry Lemonade, Kathleen had Iced Tea and Grilled Chicken, I had the Buttermilk Fried Chicken and Coke.. We all shared Spinach & Artichoke Dip & Portobello Mushroom Sliders

After lunch we rode the Monorail back to Tomorrowland and continued to ride more rides. Our day was filled with Fun, Laughter and a lot less walking.. Yes, compared to the amount of walking we would have done already in WDW was less than half at DLR.. Not as hot and the Cast Members were very helpful as sometimes I had to ask where certain rides were located.

A couple of boy's decided to get in the picture while we were riding Splash Mountain.

We were playing Cat & Mouse with Dee - AKA Natebenma.. We finally caught up with them at Indiana Jones Ride. Enjoyed meeting with them.

Midori & Lucy wanted to get a picture with Jasmine & Aladdin - I am sorry to say but Jasmine had an attitude...

We decided to plant ourselves and watch the 7pm parade. it was lively and very colorful..

The floats were colorful and the assortments of music was very nice and entertaining.

Monday - July 14 2014 Day 3 Beach and DTD

I let everyone sleep in until 10:00 AM.. We ate breakfast and got ready for our trip to Huntington Beach.

It started very cloudy and by 2:00 PM the sun started to peak out. The water was cold at first to the touch but warmed up as we got use to the temp. Walked along the shore digging up little sand crabs as the tide rolled in and returned to the sea.

Be sure to take plenty of Sun Block if your going to the beach. We were there only 4 hours and the top of my head got crispy.

We did not get to walk out over the ocean via the pier.. Just ran out of time. It looks as if it was a long walk. Maybe next time..

We return back to the Hotel to get cleaned up for our 7:00 PM dinner reservations at Naples. Really a neat place to eat and our server was friendly and very professional.

We ordered Calamari & Bruschetta for our appetizers. Midori and Lucy order Chicken Parmesan, Kathleen ordered Pan-Seared Salmon and I had Margarita Pizza. Everything we ordered was A+++

After Dinner, we went to the courtyard in front of the Naples and listened to a man playing acoustic guitar while we enjoyed frozen yogurt... called it a night around 9:30pm and went back to the hotel.

Here are 3 You Tube Videos..

Matterhorn Bobsled - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0a2r9IGLtg

Monorail Ride To DTD - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsUOHcC95kI

BTMRR - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEcT6vKk0qs&list=UU07LegJ4-Q1Vx6xMKPOZfoQ

DCA -Day 4

The group arrived around 8:15 AM and Midori, Lucy and Kathleen went to California Scream-in and I will to Carsland to get fast passes for later.. Ran into a Cast Member at the entrance to find out the ride was down until 12:00 Noon for scheduled maintenance. Midori & Lucy rode the Coaster 3 times today..

Stopped off and took pictures on the bridge going across to Paradise Pier. OMG - I can't believe I had my shorts pulled up all the way under my arms..

Mickey's Fun Wheel was scary for me as I am afraid of heights. The rocking & swinging back & forth was heart pounding.. I can do all kinds of fast rides, even the ones going upside down BUT the high ones are terrifying for me... HA!!! HA!!!

After riding California Scream-in we went to Tower of Terror, Mickey's Fun Wheel and a bunch more rides.

Looks like I am the only one in this group getting into the ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Midori & Lucy on Luigi's Flying Tires ------------- Edited 07/19 - Took time to re-read the TPR... WOW!!! just noticed this picture.. Not to BRAG - But my DD Midori is so BEAUTIFUL.

Enjoyed the Grizzle Water Ride... It was a short water ride than the one at WDW but the neat thing was it had 2 drops and you WILL get wet.. smaller sitting areas and the rapids were faster. There is no cover compartment in the center of the ride area to put you personal belongings into so consolidate your things and hold on!!!!!!!!!!!

We ate Lunch at Flo's Café - Midori had the Turkey Dinner, Lucy, the Beef Dinner, Kathleen, Salad with Chicken I think and I had the Roast Pork Dinner. Super Food and large portions. Sorry forgot to take pictures of our lunch...

I call this my Hidden Mickey (Roses)

We decided to take a break at 5:00 PM and go back to the hotel.. Don't know if we are going back to DCA or DTD....

Edited - 5:00 AM - I fell asleep and did not wake up until 3:30 AM 07/16 ---- Kathleen and Lucy went to Wal-Mart and stopped off to get a Pizza.. Midori stayed with me and got on her I-Pad & Phone - chatting with other friends back in Fort Worth...

***** One thing I have noticed is if you do not make it to rope drop..... it's no big deal..We have not been able to get to the parks prior to rope drop and we still get on the rides in less than 10 minutes or less.. Unlike WDW where you are literally running to the rides to get one first and get a fast pass for later in the day..

OH!!!!!!!!!!! - I forgot WDW has FP+ now.... I wonder how that's going.

Just an FYI - The pictures and Videos are taken with my DD's Canon Power Shot 110 EHLP 16 MP High Definition. Notice on the fast ride like Scream-in, BTMRR and Cars it does not pixelate. this is the 3rd year using this camera. I am amazed.....

The crowds are not like WDW and the wait times are averaging less than 30 minutes before 1 PM and then it goes up to 60 to 100 on the bigger rides in the afternoon so if you miss rope drop, it's ok to get to the parks 15 to 20 minutes after the parks open.

All of the rides are so close to each other and if you have to walk from one side of the park to the other, it's not very far.. I would say it's half the walk as WDW.

We have not experienced the parks at night because we have been able to ride all of the rides and even eat and shop by 6:00 - 7:00 PM

There is an app for DLR..unlike the new My Disney Experience. It's like the old one just showing the ride wait times.

If you like home-cooking, you'll need to try and eat at Flo's Café in Carsland.

The weather is great here 15 to 20 degrees cooler than WDW, over casted in the mornings up until 10:30 to 11:00 AM (Don't know if it is pollution from LA or clouds from the Pacific Ocean). I have seen people walk around DTD and the Parks with light jackets and hoodie's for the evening.. Can you believe light jackets and hoodies in Mid - July????? WOW

Here is the California Scream-in You Tube Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp0lj7IXdsY&list=UU07LegJ4-Q1Vx6xMKPOZfoQ

********************************************************************************************************************

Day 5 - Hollywood & Santa Monica Beach

Again, I let the Girls sleep in. We started out around 10:00 AM to Hollywood. Arrived in about 40 minutes and parked in a secured 20.00 a day area.

We walked up one side of Hollywood Blvd and then down the other side..

We can actually say to our friends & family... we have been to the Hollywood Stars of Fame...

Drove by L.A. on our way to Hollywood.

Midori & Lucy had to shop at Hard Rock Café to purchase a sweat shirt.

We spent about 4 hours on the strip and decided to head to Santa Monica Beach

We swam & fought the ocean for a few hours and got hungry. Decided to go to the end of the pier and eat at Marisol Mexican Rest.

Purchased Churro's for the girls on the way out.. We had a super day and really enjoyed the ocean.

Day 6 - DLP

We are running a little bit late this morning.. Midori & Lucy decided to go to DTD to get Ice Cream and shop at Sephora.. Midori has spent 22.00 on Disney Ears & 145.00 on Sephora Makeup.. Now that's funny.. We have a Sephora store in a near by Mall and she only shops there once a month.. Come to Disney and Midori has shopped there already 3 times in 6 days...

What's wrong with that picture....?

Yesterday was my 56th Birthday and all I wanted was a BIG JUICY STEAK - the only thing I got was Ceviche, Rice and a Cookie from DTD. I am just being funny... I had a great day being with my DD and friend's.

A little change in the agenda today, going to DLP instead of DCA. My main goal today is "Got to get a Turkey Leg" and ride a few rides. We'll probably take an afternoon break today and go back tonight to watch the fireworks.. haven't accomplished that yet..

We have lunch reservations at Rain Forrest Café today at 12:30PM... The Girls wanted to eat there.. I also asked why would you want to travel 1300 miles and eat at Rain Forrest.. you have one at home.. Why can't we eat at a Disney Restaurant? The only answer I received was a look of "Please, let's just eat there and be happy with it" So, Rain Forrest it is -- but I will get a Turkey Leg TODAY!!

OK - Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rode the ART bus to Disneyland Park

Got to DLP around 9:00 AM. Rode Space Mountain and got FP's for later, Rode Matterhorn, Small World, BTMRR and then let the girls ride Space Mountain 2 times with the FP's we retrieved earlier.

We spoke to a group of Cast Member about the 59th Anniversary.. Asked if they felt it would be very busy.. They said today would be like a normal busy day.. But next year being 60th Anniversary.. DLP plans on having Celebrities from the Music & Film industry to help with the celebration... So anyone planning on going in July of 2015 might be in for a real treat...

Got on the Monorail at the Tomorrow Land Station for our 12:30PM Lunch Reservations. I LOVE the Monorails.. Since I was born in Japan and have rode the Bullet Train many times, I could just ride the Monorail all day long and call it a day...

Midori & I have eaten at many RF Cafes.. But this is the first one that had an upstairs dining room... This was really neat and away from the crowds going in and out of the shopping area. Hope you enjoy the pic's from the Café'.

The Atmosphere made us feel as if we were in the Indiana Jones Ride.

We shared Mozzarella Cheese Sticks & Spinach & Artichoke Dip, We all ordered Burgers and F.F. and ended with the Volcano Dessert. After lunch we decided to go back and rest. We will return to DLP at 6:45 - 7:00 PM.. Plan on meeting Nintfamily in the middle courtyard between the 2 parks tonight.

Midori bought a Birthday Mickey Cookie for me last night when Lucy & Midori went to DTD.

We went back to DCA around 7:00 PM and meet Nintfamily next to the partners statue.

I did not take any pictures as they would be repeats of other DLP days.. We had a super evening and the Fireworks with Tinker bell & Dumbo were amazing.

Midori & Lucy rode the following rides... Space Mountain, Star Tours, Pirates, Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise, Autotopia until 12:30 AM.. We were all wiped out and I decided to take a nap when Midori & Lucy rode Space Mountain one more time. I will post that picture later as Midori will have to email me the pic...

I like the entrance to the Pirates Ride... very colorful.

Today, we will end our Magical Vacation with a visit to DCA... We are sad to say, we really do not want to go back home BUT the real life is waiting for us back in Fort Worth Texas.

We have one more day on our ticket so maybe the girls will like to take Saturday morning and visit DLP for 3 to 4 hours while I check out and load the car... OMG.. Where did all of the extra stuff come from????? Joking but I may have to rent a U-Haul trailer to take the extra stuff back home.

I took a video of the fireworks at DLP & will try to upload it to You Tube with some added music when we return home.

Midori just emailed the picture... Might be a little blurry as it was taken at 12:30 AM by a super tired little girl.

I finally got my Turkey Leg last night.. I like the way DLP wraps their Turkey Legs and then slide them into a nice grease proof bag to care around... maybe I will suggest it to WDW next year..

TPR continued on post # 51

The pics are great, and I'm so excited for you! I just know you're gonna love the DLR! So excited to read along. Have a blast!

Looks like y'all are having a blast! And you missed yet another 100-degree day here in Funkytown!

Hi! I actually saw you guys today. You were right in front of us leaving the Haunted Mansion. I saw your lime green mickey. I was too shy to say hi....I knew my DH would call me a nerd if I did. Lol. I don't know if you have the same impression as I did today of short lines for the most part....but ugh..The heat and humidity! Time for a swim break for us.

Yay!! Sounds like a great arrival day :) how do you like your hotel? Have fun today!!

Thanks - Wonderful day. The Hotel is exactly what we needed. Good Hotel and a good value.

The pics are great, and I'm so excited for you! I just know you're gonna love the DLR! So excited to read along. Have a blast!

Thanks - We loved DLP today...

Love the pix so far!!! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see more! :thumbsup2

Thanks for following along.

Thanks for sharing Bob! Glad to see you arrived safely and your trip is off to a great start.

Thanks

Looks like y'all are having a blast! And you missed yet another 100-degree day here in Funkytown!

Fun day... you need to get out of our home town and get down here asap!!!! The weather is perfect..

Wow Bob! You guys look like you are having a great time. Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Thanks - Anjalee

Hooray! So excited for you. Love your pictures. Hope you have a blast.

Appreciate you following along

Hi! I actually saw you guys today. You were right in front of us leaving the Haunted Mansion. I saw your lime green mickey. I was too shy to say hi....I knew my DH would call me a nerd if I did. Lol. I don't know if you have the same impression as I did today of short lines for the most part....but ugh..The heat and humidity! Time for a swim break for us.

Oh !!!! wished you would have stopped us to say hi.. next time just tap me on the shoulder..

Awesome! Random question but what camera you shooting with?

Thanks for asking... It's my DD's Canon 16 MP - ELPH HD 110 Point & Shot. Love it..!

I also take video's with it and upload them onto You Tube. My DD's You Tube Channel Link is under my Count Down Ticker...

Bob

Thanks - trying to decide on a compact camera for our trip to go along with my DSLR - thanks!

How have the crowds seemed to you? We go in three weeks for the first time. :)

Seems the crowds are very low to us and navigating through the park is very manageable. We are use to the crowds at WDW, so this is a nice change.

We did all of the rides at DLP by 8:00 PM - Indiana jones was the last ride for the day.

You have to ride Indiana Jones... What a super ride and the effects are great..:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter