Just Seen Oz The Great & Powerful my thoughts....

>Ash<

The Lost Caballeros
Hi Guys,

just got my hands on a copy of the DVD Oz The Great and Powerful. watched it last night with my wife, im 23, shes 25 we bothed loved it!

*spoliers below*
I genuinly didnt see it coming that Mila Kunis would play the wicked witch of the west. that was a nice twist i thought they were going to keep Rachel Weiz as being the wicked one throughout but hey it worked and i liked it.

i would have liked to see the movie end though with the house dropping on the rachel weiz witch character at the very end!

i liked that the wizard wasnt an all powerful wizard just an imagineer if you will lol

using illusions to create the magic was much more fun, i thought the film had quite a fantasy but had a definate steampunk vibe with some of the look of the contraptions.

the dvd came with a documentary about how walt wanted to do wizard and how he enlisted the help of the mickey mouse club to do a live action short for tv and wanted to create a live action movie then after his death they did the return to oz which now has an amazing cult following, they mention that this was the film they feel walt woudl have created and i have to agree with thar view, the film was a classic disney fairytale with a good hero who learns the error of his way and turns himself around in true disney flare!.

what are everyones elses view on this newish disney movie? has anyone else graced the presence of the dvd in your collections?

Hi Guys,

just got my hands on a copy of the DVD Oz The Great and Powerful. watched it last night with my wife, im 23, shes 25 we bothed loved it!

*spoliers below*
I genuinly didnt see it coming that Mila Kunis would play the wicked witch of the west. that was a nice twist i thought they were going to keep Rachel Weiz as being the wicked one throughout but hey it worked and i liked it.

i would have liked to see the movie end though with the house dropping on the rachel weiz witch character at the very end!

i liked that the wizard wasnt an all powerful wizard just an imagineer if you will lol

using illusions to create the magic was much more fun, i thought the film had quite a fantasy but had a definate steampunk vibe with some of the look of the contraptions.

the dvd came with a documentary about how walt wanted to do wizard and how he enlisted the help of the mickey mouse club to do a live action short for tv and wanted to create a live action movie then after his death they did the return to oz which now has an amazing cult following, they mention that this was the film they feel walt woudl have created and i have to agree with thar view, the film was a classic disney fairytale with a good hero who learns the error of his way and turns himself around in true disney flare!.

what are everyones elses view on this newish disney movie? has anyone else graced the presence of the dvd in your collections?

I Thought it was pretty good! I agree with everything you said. It was not my favorite Disney movie, but Disney didn't disappoint ;) :wizard:

I saw the movie with my mom last month. I thought it was a really good telling of how the Wizard came to Oz and Raimi's 'Evil Dead' camera angles actually worked to the film's advantage. ^^

I loved it. I actually saw it on opening night, and then again 6 more times. :hyper:
I preordered the movie and enjoyed it just as much as the other times. I don't see much flaws with it other than the fact it didn't end the way i would of liked it too. I really do wish it would of ended connecting this film with the original. However, I guess they wanted to leave it opened ended in case they had a sequel planned. Which has been rumored, and I'm all in favor for. My favorite characters were china doll and theodora. I really did feel bad for Theadora and when she was the witch, I saw someone hurt, instead of just evil. It was visually stunning and I'd love to see another one made. If anything, I just wish it was more appealing to the critics, because for some reason, they weren't impressed.

yeah i think they didnt connect it because of the normality of sequels and trilogies these days.

I would love to see a sequel. maybe explain why china dolls were never referenced in the 1935 movies and maybe one day they will end the final oz film by disney with the house falling on the witch and the closing credits is "ding dong the witch is dead" lol that would be awesome.

i liked the reference to the lion, tinman and scarecrow. would love to see an oz movie by disney with them in it, find out why tinman was rusted in the forrest. they coudl tie everything together very well.

Mila Kunis as the wicked witch was amazingly done, i didnt even get the crying burning thing as a indication,

We liked it too. The critics didn't seem impressed with James Franco's performance, but I thought he fit the bill perfectly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter