• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Just want to say Thanks for these Boards! Regarding the Rental Forum

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
DH, Tom had a heart attack last week. I am extremely grateful that he has survived and is here today. This is especially true because this man had chest pains beginning on Monday and FINALLY went to hospital on Friday. No, he didn’t call 911, he drove Gus to the kennel, called me (I was blissfully unaware because I was at WDW with friends.) to say, I guess I can’t tell you not to worry, but I am taking Gus to the kennel, and then I am going to the hospital because I have chest pains!!

Our NYE tradition is to go to WDW, I love the fireworks, not the crowds, so we go to BLT. Today I was able to rent the reservation via the board. We have March UY…you all know how point intense that time of year is.

I really never planned to rent our points, rent a reservation, but we did. I hope our new “acquaintance“ has the most wonderful time.

DH, Tom had a heart attack last week. I am extremely grateful that he has survived and is here today. This is especially true because this man had chest pains beginning on Monday and FINALLY went to hospital on Friday. No, he didn’t call 911, he drove Gus to the kennel, called me (I was blissfully unaware because I was at WDW with friends.) to say, I guess I can’t tell you not to worry, but I am taking Gus to the kennel, and then I am going to the hospital because I have chest pains!!

Our NYE tradition is to go to WDW, I love the fireworks, not the crowds, so we go to BLT. Today I was able to rent the reservation via the board. We have March UY…you all know how point intense that time of year is.

I really never planned to rent our points, rent a reservation, but we did. I hope our new “acquaintance“ has the most wonderful time.

OMG, Bobbi! How scary! I am so happy that Tom is okay and being able to rent out that reservation is a bonus. I'm sure that the folks who rented from you are delighted to be able to experience NYE at BLT. Here's to a happy and healthy 2024 for both of you.

Praying for you, Bobbi and Tom:hug:
Even though you won't be at WDW, you will be together and that's what is most important. Rest up, take it easy and just enjoy each other this year. Disney will be there when you are ready to go back:lovestruc.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about Tom! Best wishes for a full and fast recovery. I'm glad that you were able to rent your reservation and not have to add the stress of losing your points onto everything else. Does the MK still do 360-degree Fantasy in the Sky for July 4th? Perhaps you can celebrate mid-NYE then.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about Tom! Best wishes for a full and fast recovery. I'm glad that you were able to rent your reservation and not have to add the stress of losing your points onto everything else. Does the MK still do 360-degree Fantasy in the Sky for July 4th? Perhaps you can celebrate mid-NYE then.
We do have our July BLT Theme Park studio reservation!

I'm so sorry to hear about your DH. I'm very happy that you had a good outcome. I know what it's like to go through this, my DH had a heart attack at age 41, since that time he has also had his stints replaced and had triple heart bypass surgery. I'm very thankful to say that to date he is doing very well. I truly hope that your DH has a full recovery and that you both can enjoy the holiday season. Best wishes to you and your DH.

Merry Christmas and here's to a happy and healthy new year.

You take care of hubby! We'll be praying for y'all.:wave:

Thank you everyone for all the kind words here.

DH is 79, and he’s doing well. So far, the LifeVest has not had to perform any measures to save him! He has basically done everything he should be doing. :)
I had to look up the LifeVest - what a fantastic device! Best wishes for Tom’s continued recovery.

Bobbi, saddened to hear the news of Tom’s heart attack but so happy to hear that he survived. Wishing him a speedy recovery and that you will enjoy not only the holidays but many future trips to DW. Stay Well!

Prayers for your husband... We went through the chest pains and heart attack with my Mom almost 2 years ago (will be 2 years in Feb). My mom fought going to the doctor a few days and suffered with the chest pains too, but eventually my dad told me to take her to the ER and right now. She had the heart attack and had double bypass surgery a few days later. Thankfully, she is doing well. She got to go back to Disneyland about 2 months post op and WDW about 6 months later. Oh and I was supposed to go to WDW the day she after she came home from the hospital. DVC had no problem with me cancelling the reservation so close and even took the points out of holding and un-borrowed about 8 points I used on the reservation. They could not have been any more amazing helping me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter