Just wanted you to know - Nike Straprunners

Tamie

Mouseketeer
I bought a pair of Nike Straprunners Saturday. I wanted to try them before WDW. I went to Six Flags Great America by Chicago on Sunday. I walked from about 9:30am till about 10:00pm. It was the first time in a long time that my feet were not killing me within a couple of hours. I have high arches and have a hard time with shoes, but these were great. I will probably get a pair for my DD, who also gets sore feet. These were the best sandles for walking and I only paid $20 for them.

Curious where you purchased your shoes? Was it a national chain? I hve to break in a new pair of shoes too before we go.. Any help Thanks

www.footlocker.com

I've seen reports that they are available in stores, but I searched for weeks without success. They are also available at other online sources. For additional info, do a search for "straprunner."

Are these just a man's sandle, or do they come for women too?

They come in women's too. I have a pair. They are the most comfortable sandles I have EVER worn. I'm definitely getting a new pair before my Disney trip. And I'll be getting a pair for my Mom as well. They are the BEST!! :)

I looked for Nike Straprunners online and was unable to find them.

We went to Finish Line this weekend and found both Straprunners and StraprunnerII's. The Straprunners are black and have a higher arch. The have a higher sole too. The Straprunner II's are gray and have a narrower sole. The II's seemed lighter although both were very light. My oldest son and I got the II's and DH and the other 3 got the regular Straprunners.

I have worn them twice now and they do require breaking in. Although in my opinion with every shoe your foot has to adjust. They rubbed the bottom of my ankle when I did my walk this morning. However, my feet were not sore and felt adequately supported.

Oh the Straprunners were $19.99 and the Straprunner II's were $30.

HTH

I bought my Nike Straprunner II at Rogan's Shoes. They have a web site, www.rogansshoes.com. They were $20 but I had bought a paid of tennis shoes also, so the cheaper of the two are half off. The Straprunner II had a high enough arch so that my feet felt fine as I have a hard time with shoes that I will be walking lots in.

I tried on a pair today at Famous Footwear, and they were unbelievably comfortable. Very light, no itchy parts as they have a soft liner on the inside of all the harder parts. I'm going to order a pair on line at www.nike.com They have four different colors for women. The store only had one color. I ordered a pair for my husband yesterday, and wanted to see them for myself before ordering. They are way more comfy than the Tevas they had there.

I have been having a heck of a time with the Straprunners-- all these stores keep telling them they don't make them for women, it is a unisex shoe! I was all set to buy a men's size 7 (I'm an 8 1/2-9 in women's shoe.) But I want them in black. Now that I know they do make a women's shoe, I'm going for that. I may break down and use Nike's website too-- no discounts, but at least I can get the color I want.

I did give Teva's a shot-- tried on some Circuits, on sale for $60. Chocolate leather-- nice but why no black? I need black. I'm from NYC! ;) I liked the way the Straprunners felt and in the long run, the Tevas looked a little too granola for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter