Just Wondering - Why isn't there a Barbershop at Disneyland Park?

barbaraann

Chicago Gal
It really surprises me that there is no Barber Shop at Disneyland Park. I am surprised that Walt Disney never included it in his plans for the Park. The one at WDW is very nice. We plan to frequent the one at WDW on each of our yearly visits. My grandson does not balk at a haircut there, because he can get his hair gel'd. If they ever want to add something really cool and also practical, they should add a Barbershop to Disneyland Park. I even had a haircut there on my last trip. They did an excellent job.

personally I'd rather spend my time in Disneyland on rides & attractions rather than sitting in a barber's chair. I need a haircut before our trip in 9 days & I plan on getting one before we leave.

BTW- your local Supercuts puts gel in customers hair. :cool1:

We are traveling this year to both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. The Barbershop at WDW is a fun place to visit. I know you can get a haircut at other locations in the Anaheim area. We are not driving, so any side trip is definitely out. It just seems to me that Mr. Disney should have included a Barbershop on his Main Street. Having your haircut at WDW has become an attraction on to itself. Are Californian's different? I am sure they are also out for a good time. It is very relaxing to walk into the Barbershop, have a seat, and wait you turn for your haircut. You can get a trim, or perhaps take "little boy or little girl" there for their first "real haircut". It is not that I am looking for a place to get my haircut, while visiting Disneyland. It's that it is fun to do it at Disney. Just as fun as riding Dumbo, seeing the Castle, or spinning on the Tea Cups. Well I know the two Magic Kngdoms are different, and that Disneyland Park came first, I was just surprised that there was no Barbershop on Walt Disney's Main Street.

They actually used to have one backstage at DL for CMs, but sadly it closed down a year ago (I think maybe it was 2 years ago).

barbaraann said:
Having your haircut at WDW has become an attraction on to itself. Are Californian's different?

Yes, Californians go to Salons and spend hundreds of dollars for a famous stylist. ;)

I used to think that spending DL/MK time getting a hair cut was a bit silly, but after reading the boards before our last trip to WDW, I talked my DS into giving it a try. It was a real kick and I hope that we have a chance to do it again. I agree it would be nice if there was a Barbershop at DL, but at the same time, it's nice for each of the resorts to have experiences unique to themselves.

For those of you that didn't realize the Barbershop at WDW is hardly like going to Supercuts!

It is pure Disney magic. It is a rather small shop with only one or two barbers working at a time. I've never had my haircut there as the line is so long but each time I've stopped by there is a quartet of singing men called the "Dapper Dans" that entertain.

There are props available for photo opportunities like a great big scissors and can of hairspray, etc and they often make a special fuss over someone getting their first haircut.

the "gel" that they put in your hair comes in many wild colors like green, blue, red, etc and is usually something so much to look forward to it makes the haircut "painless". Many girls come here to get their hair braided so they can get some of this famous gel and/or a dusting of Tinkerbell's pixie dust.

I guess that gives the West Coasters one of those "little reasons" to check out WDW

It's funny that you mention Supercuts because the Supercuts by my house has the colored gel. You can choose from about 10 different colors. No pixie dust though. ;)

Another vote in favor of the barbershop at WDW...they are terrific!!! So, don't knock it 'til you've tried it. :wave2:

calypso*a*go-go said:
Another vote in favor of the barbershop at WDW...they are terrific!!! So, don't knock it 'til you've tried it. :wave2:

I won't knock it but I'd rather get my haircut done before my vacation.

haircut or Matterhorn ?
haircut or Indiana Jones ?
haircut or SplashMountain ?

just my humble opinion.. :flower:

Both kids and adults like getting their hair cut at the Barbershop on Main Street at WDW. When my grandson did it in 2004, and we had brunch at Chef Mickey's immediately after, he was asked by a great number of people. Where did you have your hair done like that? Children and adults both thought he looked cool.

Besides, you don't have to choose. You get your hair cut and gel'd at the Barbershop and then you wear it that way on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Star Tours, any attraction that you care to ride. It's just cool to have your hair decorated. It makes you feel special. The same way that WDW makes you feel. The way I am sure that Disneyland will make me feel when I visit it for the 50th Anniversary. Just thought that a small town, which Main Street, was fashioned after, ought to have a Barbershop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter