Kardashian shut down?

deli8788

Mouseketeer
Anyone have news on when this..or if this...is happening. Rumor is they are shutting down the park for Norths 2nd bday. Her bday is on the 15th and that's right when we plan on going? Sorry if this has already been discredited.

This would the first time I've heard anything like this. The operating calendar still shows DL being open from 8:00 am to midnight and DCA is open from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm, the standard summer hours.

I think Disney would have a serious problem if they did this! I am planning on going that day too. Hopefully it's just a rumor!

I'm hoping it's just a rumor too. But after my brother in law told me I googled and saw a few reports that said they were doing this. But the calendar doesn't show any changes in times so crossing fingers.

Has there been any precedence to DL closing the park for a private party with less than 2 weeks warning?

I could see them doing a private party after hours or even closing early but...all day with little notice?

I still think this is a rumor, but it's possible that there might do a private party-style event, where only parts of the park are closed (like they did for the Tomorrowland movie premier). The last time I really remember the park being closed for a large-scale private event was for Miles Cyrus' 16th birthday when DL closed early and then re-opened for an invitation-only private function in the evening. I don't know how far in advance it was announced however.

I wouldn't put to much stock into seeing this "rumor" showing up on multiple website. They all feed back to to the same "rumor" by US Weekly. So basically, multiple celebrity gossip websites are all basis their report on one source (US Weekly).

Last edited:
I couldn't find anything with specifics. But even closing early throws a wrench in a few plans. Hopefully we can find out soon.

First, there is NO WAY DL shuts down for an entire day. The gross revenue from tickets in one day sits anywhere from 2 million to 5 million, I would guess. Even the filthy rich won't drop that for one day and one party. The smart ones, anyway....well, hold on.

Second, a summer day during the 60th would be a terrible time to shut down for Disney. Even if the price was right, the bad press would be overwhelming.

Third, I'd find a way to crash the party! No, not to be close to those Hollywood nuts. I'd do it for the challenge and then for the "breathing room" on a summer day at Disney.

I bet it will just be a private party in one part of the park. You know, the Kardashians and 20,000 of their closest friends. Hey, we should ALL be invited!

I know they closed DCA early for a media event for the premiere event for Lone Ranger. We went into the park early that day and walked past the red carpet stuff and spent the absolute best day ever in DCA. For that day, only hard tickets were allowed (NO annual passes) inside DCA and a CM mentioned that only CM scheduled for a DCA shift were being allowed into DCA.

They closed early that day and the "stars" had a private party. We went to DL. We had the back half of DCA to ourselves that day. We left before the crescendo of the premiere.

They spent 12 million on their wedding and are worth about 215 million. I wouldn't put it past them to spend 5 million on their daughter's birthday. I don't think they will have it for a whole day, but probably and early shut down that day. I'd think Disney would already have it marked as closed if it was all day.

They often (often-ish) close the parks early, or close certain parts of the parks, as others have mentioned. Off the top of my head, I remember Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon's wedding there just a few years ago, and that shut the whole place down early, I believe.

And, honestly, as much as we would all like to believe differently, DL is a business, and money talks... They can make anywhere from $0 (annual passholder's 100th visit for the year) to $+++ (one day park hopper ticket, plus meals, plus assorted purchases, but let's say $200) per person. Now, the typical attendance figure I have heard is 50k at one time, which means, give or take, they are probably bringing in $1M or so a day taking care of those 50k guests. Or, they can close the place down for a day, send lots of people home (thereby saving money from their hours worked), and charge the Kardashians $2M, and only have to deal with a few thousand people (if that). Yes, it would be some bad press, but are people going to cancel long-planned vacations over getting mad at DL for following money? Probably not!

So those people who fly in, buy a 4-day ticket, and fly out on the 5th day, would lose a day of what they paid for. Disney would have a lot of angry people to deal with.

If it's really happening, then it just seems like it should be on Disneyland's calendar if they will be closed or closing early that day. That said, on May 21st they closed DL at 6pm (with plenty of notice), but the whole west side of the park closed at 4pm and no one knew until they got to the park that day. I was NOT happy, but I lived. Oh well!

I still think this is a rumor, but it's possible that there might do a private party-style event, where only parts of the park are closed (like they did for the Tomorrowland movie premier). The last time I really remember the park being closed for a large-scale private event was for Miles Cyrus' 16th birthday when DL closed early and then re-opened for an invitation-only private function in the evening. I don't know how far in advance it was announced however.

I had forgotten about Miley's birthday event, but I remember all too well the stories about Lindsay Lohan's 20th birthday bash that included tons of underage drinking, drug use, and generally naughty behavior (I read something about boat orgies, not sure what boat, but you'll never look at PotC the same). :crazy2:

Sorry... this is a party for two year old girl. She would be just as happy with a bowl of ice cream, a cake, some new toys and the boxes they came in.

Why do some people feel so entitled?

I will probably be the only one who feels this way, but they have the money. I am not a fan of the Kardashian clan, but I see no difference in the family that spends $300 on a bowling party and makes $30,000 a year. It is all relative. DL is a business and one who offers the opportunity for people to rent them out if they have the money. They are doing nothing wrong and aren't asking for people to fund it for them so they are hurting nobody. It is no different than a corporation renting it out for their employees or for a red carpet event. They are doing it for themselves and the others in attendance than for North, but I'm sure she'll have an amazing time. I don't think it is entitlement to pay for something you want that is for sale just because it is more expensive than what most could afford. Entitlement is thinking you should have it even when you cannot afford to do so IMO.

I will probably be the only one who feels this way, but they have the money. I am not a fan of the Kardashian clan, but I see no difference in the family that spends $300 on a bowling party and makes $30,000 a year. It is all relative. DL is a business and one who offers the opportunity for people to rent them out if they have the money. They are doing nothing wrong and aren't asking for people to fund it for them so they are hurting nobody. It is no different than a corporation renting it out for their employees or for a red carpet event. They are doing it for themselves and the others in attendance than for North, but I'm sure she'll have an amazing time. I don't think it is entitlement to pay for something you want that is for sale just because it is more expensive than what most could afford. Entitlement is thinking you should have it even when you cannot afford to do so IMO.

Not alone at all, I feel pretty much the same way. If I had the money you bet I would rent out MK or DL for a party I mean how fun!

Don't worry you can all come..:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter