• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keepin' it on the downlow(country) at HHI - New TR link - pg 31

That dinner sounds absolutely wonderful! Glad you two had such a great time celebrating your anniversary.

So, Danger, how long ago was this trip again? Anything you need to share? :rolleyes1

Dinner looks excellent. I'm glad that you had such great food and service for your anniversary meal. Well worth the expense for being cared for so well.

Too bad the rain kind of put an abrupt end to the evening back at the resort.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

But, c'mon...nobody would be THAT dumb.

:headache:
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Your dinner looks amazing! Sounds like awesome service as well.

It was great! :thumbsup2

Still trying to figure out why you didn't go for the bacon sundae. :)

I didn't even see that! They were so helpful in telling us the specials and everything, I don't think that we really looked at the menu very much. What I wrote down in my notes must've just been the dessert specials for the evening. Well, I don't think I would've gone for the bacon sundae anyway, for what it's worth. It would've made a good story though!

Too bad the fireworks were cancelled and it rained. Sounds like a lovely anniversary anyway!

Not a perfect evening, but still one of the best ever. I think we'll be okay when we hit the empty-nest!

Ok, here's my take on the dinner. You basically got a Vic and Al's experience for the price of a two-fer. Which is a pretty major score. However, if you don't specifically go to Hilton Head and pay the cost of getting there, then Vic and Al's might be a consolation prize. If that made any sense, then kudos.

:scratchin Yeah, that did kinda make sense, but since we were planning on going to Hilton Head anyway, then....it was a bonus! I haven't seen too many write-ups on Vic and Al's. I remember seeing something on one of those "Disney Magic Uncovered" tv shows (ie. one-hour infomercial, yet I'll watch many times over) that they have a chef's table thing where you are at the whim of whatever the chef wants to make for you and apparently is pretty amazing.

".... if you like pina coladas, and taking walks in the rain"

I'm not much into health food. I am in-to champagne.

Best part of the meal? The dishes. Those are really pretty!

And even a guy like me noticed them. :teeth:

Well, that and you're smiling faces. You 2 are just so dang cute!

Aw. Well, she definitely is.

"Dangerous" has me worried. This forum does have a family-friendly rating. Right?!

Gee, that was my attempt to keep it family-friendly! :laughing:

OMG AN UPDATE!!!!!! :faint:

I know! Don't fall over! I really wanted to get this one written, it's just been hard to find the time. I made Judy read this one though, I think that's her first! :rotfl2:

I love that you went to the Vine! And you had such an awesome meal. That place really was lovely. I look forward to going back. All your food looks delicious. My friend Chuck had the same entree as you and he had to take a doggie bag back.

Well, thank you for recommending it! And for reminding me that I needed to reserve early! I won't soon forget my evening there. :goodvibes

Nice to see people sitting outside as well. When we were there I don't believe anyone was outside.

I think it was busier outside when we left than when we arrived, but our reservation was fairly early...it was either that or I would've had to take a really late reservation time.

Happy Holidays Glen and family. Thanks for the update!

Thank you, and right back at'cha! You're so welcome!

Oy. It was a brief second, but a second nonetheless, where I originally thought the chapter title story was going one place, and then the "souvenir " remark actually made me think, wow, I could not have been more off (that brief second mentioned earlier in the extremely run-on sentence), before realizing I was did in fact see the chapter title story was going. :rotfl2:

Wow, a 1-word (with only 2-letters, no less) sentence, followed by...well, my head's still spinning.

Anyway, yes, of course my goal was to make you think it was something else! And then, when your mind whips around to where I'm really taking you, the body reacts with a short burst of air expelled through the mouth and nose. Ideally anyway.

Sounds like a lovely anniversary dinner. It honestly doesn't look like much from the outside, but clearly, looks are very deceiving.

It was. Yeah, if I only knew of it from driving by, I probably would've kept going. But it was... Quaint. Intimate. Tasty. Unbelievable service. I highly recommend!

Bummer about the fireworks. That would have been such a lovely finale for the night. But then again, Danger is your middle name, so I'm sure all's well that ends well. :thumbsup2

I know, it would've been so Disney-like to end the evening with a fireworks show.

:rolleyes1

I'm glad I caught this while I was cruising the DIS (I'm so far behind...even on my own TR since my mom passed away and just can't seem to catch up).

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. :hug: My deepest sympathies Kathy.

I'm impossibly behind on every TR except this one. I decided to work on an update rather than catch up on others. Limited choices!

You and Judy clean up very nice and look quite lovely in your anniversary picture.

Aw thanks!

Your meal looks quite yummy and I'm glad you were so well taken care of.

It was a great evening. So worth it!

That was one hopping pirate party.

Sorry about the rain, but you got some great pictures in it.

They were having so much fun!

It was neat to try to catch some of the lights and reflections. I had wanted to get a good picture of that tree in front of Live Oak Lodge...it's big and full of Spanish Moss. I still don't think this one does it justice, but I tried.

If I don't get back here, Happy Holidays to you and the family.

Thank you Kathy! I wish you the best also!

It looks like you had an amazing evening! That dinner looked spectacular and at $200, if that included the wines by the glass, a great deal too!

We did, it was an amazing evening. Yes, it included the wines. I think we only each got one glass...since they also gave us champagne to start and dessert wines at the end, we didn't need to order more! So yeah, it was on the expensive side for what I'm used to paying, but you can easily go higher just about anywhere, so for the service and food we received I think it was a good value.

Shame about the canceling of the fireworks and the thunderstorm, but sometimes it's better to spend a cozy night inside! ;)

I hear ya! ;)

First of all: Congratulations to Lauren!! How exciting! I had to think of the film "Father of the Bride" with Steve Martin when I read your post... You sounded a bit like him. :goodvibes

Thanks Magdalene. Believe me, I'm starting to feel like him in that movie, and the planning hasn't even begun yet, really.

The dinner looks wonderful! I love the menu and the atmosphere of the place! And for how you described the quality of everything it sounds like was well worth the price! I need to remember that place if I ever get to Hilton Head (and I really want to go, it looks so lovely and relaxing!).

Oh, I think you would love it! I think you said before that HHI is on your list, so I bet you'll get there.

:)

I can tell it was a beautiful night, what a way to celebrate your anniversary.

Yes it was! Great food, great company, a beautiful night.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

But, c'mon...nobody would be THAT dumb.

:rotfl2: Heavens, no! :rotfl2:

Good thing Drew is so darned cute!

Danger Will Robinson!

That's what he would've said, if he wasn't so French, and knew '60's American TV better.

Wow! Sounds like MEK really hooked you guys up.

When Mary Ellen recommends a restaurant, you better listen. :listen:

I feel like I actually understood this. I don't know if I should be happy about that or not.

The math part, or the traffic design?

The wives really seem to go for that.

Yeah, I wonder why that is. You don't see me getting all giddy to be served a meal every night. :confused3 ;)

We do what we have to do.

It was the least I could do. It would've just gone to waste otherwise.

I like it!

:thumbsup2

That begs the question: What were you expecting? :scared1:

I don't know, something good, great, but juuust short of "amazing"!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

She's a keeper!

She's got a blow torch and she knows how to use it!

I don't think the heavy stuff will come down for another couple of hours. I'd keep playing.

You're right. Anyway, the Good Lord would never disrupt the best game of my life.

:eek:

That dinner sounds absolutely wonderful! Glad you two had such a great time celebrating your anniversary.

Thanks Darla. What a great meal, it was a fantastic evening.

So, Danger, how long ago was this trip again? Anything you need to share? :rolleyes1

Ah, I see where you going with this. Yeah, we would've received a tracking number by now if a souvenir was on the way....and nope! :rotfl2:

Dinner looks excellent. I'm glad that you had such great food and service for your anniversary meal. Well worth the expense for being cared for so well.

We really had a nice time there. Judy loved it, the food was great, and the service excellent. So, it was perfect!

Too bad the rain kind of put an abrupt end to the evening back at the resort.

It would've been nice to see the fireworks, but we were enjoying being on vacation and just going with the flow!

:lmao:

:scratchin Yeah, that did kinda make sense, but since we were planning on going to Hilton Head anyway, then....it was a bonus! I haven't seen too many write-ups on Vic and Al's. I remember seeing something on one of those "Disney Magic Uncovered" tv shows (ie. one-hour infomercial, yet I'll watch many times over) that they have a chef's table thing where you are at the whim of whatever the chef wants to make for you and apparently is pretty amazing.

I know someone who sprung for that once-in-a-lifetime experience. Actually, I've known another (CircusGirl) who went there, but didn't do the Chef's Table, and she said that it wasn't necessary to having one of the most magical evenings in her life. I am contemplating doing it if I can find someone to go with me on a girl's trip sometime. We'll see...

And even a guy like me noticed them. :teeth:

You must have taken your knuckles off the ground for just long enough to have a spark of culture. ;)

Gee, that was my attempt to keep it family-friendly! :laughing:

Oh. Ok. :scratchin

Liesa....I'll got to V&a with you. I love it there!

Jill in CO

Well Glenn I am caught up.

Sounds like a wonderful evening and a great dinner. Sure the rain just made the decision to be inside easier. Think of it as a push from Mother Nature. ;)

Merry Christmas to the Glennbo clan.

Hi Glenn and Happy Holidays!

I am caught back up and sounds like the trip is still going great. We stayed in Shipyard in March and spent a lot of time at Coligny Plaza. I don't remember seeing Vine. Of course since we were covering most of the trip for five college girls that is probably a good thing.

Glad Judy figured out how to use the blow torch. I would probably burn the house down.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Mary Kay

Jill in CO

Would you?!! :banana::banana:

I've wanted to go there for YEARS!! I'm thinking that the first trip I take after My Graduation Celebration Trip with the family, I want to go ALL Girls. A small little group to split a room, maybe during F&G? Stay up late drinking wine, being silly on coasters.... you name it....

I've wanted to go there for YEARS!! I'm thinking that the first trip I take after My Graduation Celebration Trip with the family, I want to go ALL Girls. A small little group to split a room, maybe during F&G? Stay up late drinking wine, being silly on coasters.... you name it....

I would throw some DVC points down for that. :)

Jill in CO

Jill in CO

Glenn, thank you hosting the DISMeet Private Forum for me. ;)

And for that, I may treat you to V&A's. ::yes::

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.... :thumbsup2

Oh - I would love to join the two of you for a lady's trip! Especially if we go to V&A. After having been blown away with the experience of dining at Remy on the Fantasy, I really want to try V&A - and the two of you would be lovely company for that! :goodvibes Not sure if I could work it out, considering how far away I live and that I currently trying to juggle finances and time off to make a transatlantic relationship work. But I guess you are thinking of a time frame of 2017 and beyond - so who knows what things will be like then! :goodvibes

(Sorry, Glen!)

Hope you enjoyed yourselves while visiting HH.We are lucky as we can hit HH anytime.Our main Island is Tybee but we go to HH when we want a change.You can see Tybee from HH and can see HH from Tybee so its kinna nice to see diferent views

YAY!!! An update! :cool1:

Although it took me a little while to find it. :rolleyes1

In the meantime, I hope your family had a wonderful set of holidays:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Merry Christmas!

and Happy New Year!!!

party:

Great, great update, from the opening fore-shadowing to a dramatic and exciting danger-filled conclusion. And even a math lesson!!!

IMG_7818_zps74e120e0.jpg

Awesome picture!!!

Seriously drooling over that menu. I don't know what I would have chosen for meals- everything sounds fantastic- and I am now craving cave aged gruyere!

But youse guys done good. I approve of all of your selections.

Nicely played on the dessert- "I'll get the thing that might have gluten so I don't have to share, while I get my wife hooked on the crème brulee to the point where she will have to get the accessories to play the home version"

Happy Anniversary!!!

:love:

Guess I should get to some replies since the computer's available, (and it's been awhile! :o).

I know someone who sprung for that once-in-a-lifetime experience. Actually, I've known another (CircusGirl) who went there, but didn't do the Chef's Table, and she said that it wasn't necessary to having one of the most magical evenings in her life. I am contemplating doing it if I can find someone to go with me on a girl's trip sometime. We'll see...

I'm sure it would be an amazing experience. Not sure if it's quite worth the money, but amazing nonetheless. Who knows, if you put the idea out there, maybe someone will take you up on it. :rolleyes:

You must have taken your knuckles off the ground for just long enough to have a spark of culture. ;)

That did make me laugh. :rotfl:

It was the best I could do!

Well Glenn I am caught up.

It shouldn't have been too hard, at the pace I've been keeping!

Sounds like a wonderful evening and a great dinner. Sure the rain just made the decision to be inside easier. Think of it as a push from Mother Nature. ;)

A push from Mother Nature. :rotfl2:

Merry Christmas to the Glennbo clan.

Merry Christmas!!!

Hi Glenn and Happy Holidays!

Aw, thank you Pat, Mary Ellen, lovegrumpy, and Mary Kay! We did have some great times this year. :goodvibes

I am caught back up and sounds like the trip is still going great.

It did keep on going great, despite my slow pace in re-telling it.

We stayed in Shipyard in March and spent a lot of time at Coligny Plaza. I don't remember seeing Vine. Of course since we were covering most of the trip for five college girls that is probably a good thing.

It could be hard to miss, I imagine, if you're not looking for it. It's on the end. But yeah, I wouldn't want to pay for a bunch of college kids to go there! :laughing:

Glad Judy figured out how to use the blow torch. I would probably burn the house down.

It took a little figurin'. :scratchin And even using it to caramelize the sugar on top of them has taken a little trial-and-error, but I think we're getting there.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks!

Jill in CO

Jill in CO

Well there you go! :grouphug:

Glenn, thank you hosting the DISMeet Private Forum for me. ;)

And for that, I may treat you to V&A's. ::yes::

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.... :thumbsup2

Wait, are you talkin' to me? Or Jill? V&A's would be a pretty tall order.

Oh - I would love to join the two of you for a lady's trip! Especially if we go to V&A. After having been blown away with the experience of dining at Remy on the Fantasy, I really want to try V&A - and the two of you would be lovely company for that! :goodvibes Not sure if I could work it out, considering how far away I live and that I currently trying to juggle finances and time off to make a transatlantic relationship work. But I guess you are thinking of a time frame of 2017 and beyond - so who knows what things will be like then! :goodvibes

(Sorry, Glen!)

No problem Magdalene. And I'd be willing to bet that Liesa would looove to have you along for a V&A's excursion. ::yes::

Feel free to do all planning here!

Hope you enjoyed yourselves while visiting HH.

Hi ken2! And :welcome: :cool1: We did enjoy Hilton Head, very much. And have a couple of days booked there this some also. ;)

We are lucky as we can hit HH anytime.Our main Island is Tybee but we go to HH when we want a change.You can see Tybee from HH and can see HH from Tybee so its kinna nice to see diferent views

Yeah, I thought about trying to visit Tybee, but there was only so much time...and we certainly weren't disappointed with the beach that we had near us.

Thanks for commenting!

YAY!!! An update! :cool1:

Although it took me a little while to find it. :rolleyes1

Well hey, I know it's my own darned fault -- I'm certainly not giving you reason to check in here every day! :laughing:

In the meantime, I hope your family had a wonderful set of holidays:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Merry Christmas!

and Happy New Year!!!

party:

I'm glad I didn't go on too much longer without an update, or you would have run out of colors for all of the holidays!

Great, great update, from the opening fore-shadowing to a dramatic and exciting danger-filled conclusion. And even a math lesson!!!

This chapter had it all, didn't it?! :rotfl2:

Awesome picture!!!

Aw shucks. :blush:

Seriously drooling over that menu. I don't know what I would have chosen for meals- everything sounds fantastic- and I am now craving cave aged gruyere!

But youse guys done good. I approve of all of your selections.

It was a great place for a special celebration like that. The food and the service were both outstanding. And yes, hard to choose from the menu!

Nicely played on the dessert- "I'll get the thing that might have gluten so I don't have to share, while I get my wife hooked on the crème brulee to the point where she will have to get the accessories to play the home version"

I didn't look at it that way at the time but now that you mention, that was ingenious, wasn't it?! :lmao: :rolleyes1

Happy Anniversary!!!

:love:

Thanks Dee! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter