Kevin, Can you sticky a thread with your restuarant reviews?

drakethib

DIS Veteran
Maybe have some kind of recap.

Give a rating or 3 out of 5 mickey heads or something to that effect.

What a great idea! But then again, to simply rate a restaurant without all the special reasons why it's rated that way might make the rating a little less meaningful (read the best of 2007 thread for examples). And that whole "your mileage may vary" factor.

What a great idea! But then again, to simply rate a restaurant without all the special reasons why it's rated that way might make the rating a little less meaningful (read the best of 2007 thread for examples). And that whole "your mileage may vary" factor.

A simple review could be done possible. I.e

Atmosphere: Pleasant, Romantic
Pros: Good pricing, great service, friendly staff
Cons: steak was bland, tables to close together, etc.
Overall rating: 3 out of 5 mickeys

Just a thought

So, where does "kees on the lips" and "sad little crabcake" go?

First...I have no idea how to do that.

Second....I think I'm more of a "long form" kinda guy....essays instead of multiple choice...."the long and winding road"....you get the idea.

Kevin

Kevin, I agree! Any Walt Disney World travel guide will give you a condensed restaurant review. What makes your reviews unique is the descriptive detail you give to each dining experience. After all where would "after much teeth sucking" go into a condensed dining review?:rotfl:

Thanks for all your reviews. Based on your recent review of Chef's de France, I made an ADR for my wife and I for our upcoming April trip to WDW.

Dennis-

Can we request with Kevin to work in specific phrases to the restaurant reviews....

"He gave me a quizzical look as if I had told him I was about to give him a High School Algebra Quiz"

"The level of service was as though gravity had made an exception in just this part of the restaurant"

"At no point did I enjoy this meal, although you will now enjoy hearing why I did not enjoy this meal"

"One expects to leave a restaurant less hungry then when they entered, this is not always the case"

First...I have no idea how to do that.

Second....I think I'm more of a "long form" kinda guy....essays instead of multiple choice...."the long and winding road"....you get the idea.

Kevin

Something i also thought about earlier is maybe the option of making a sticky topic with all the restaurant reviews and there show number/date.

Like:
Epcot: Chef de France - 12/25/2007

If it's a topic like this then we only have to look up that particulair show.
I thought about this when i was searching for the show where you reviewed the Akershus.

Hope this is a good alternative.

Something i also thought about earlier is maybe the option of making a sticky topic with all the restaurant reviews and there show number/date.

Like:
Epcot: Chef de France - 12/25/2007

If it's a topic like this then we only have to look up that particulair show.
I thought about this when i was searching for the show where you reviewed the Akershus.

Hope this is a good alternative.

I like this idea as well

I have to admit I have been listening to past pod casts in order to hear Kevin's dinning reviews specifically. Although the restaurant reviews are listed on the archvies link for each particular podcast. I think it would be a great idea to have a sticky thread that has the dates and names of the restaurants reviewed. and the same sort of thread to find Store Tours, etc.

Give a rating or 3 out of 5 mickey heads or something to that effect.

me and DGF were just thinking this today. Our idea was 0-5 Kevin's though. We thought it was cute impersonating Kevin giving 'zero Kevins' to the sad little crab cakes. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter