Key West Restaurant Recommendations

pascalspal

Registered
We are sailing on Jan 16th and have a stop in Key West. We are hopeful to find some really great restaurants there for lunch during our stay. We are trying to avoid all of the “touristy” places and find a really good meal as my parents don’t often like the food on the ship. Please let me know what some of your favorite places and dishes are!!!

Conch Republic seafood company is nice or A and B Lobster House for a more upper quality

OK, so you probably don't want to go to my favorite place, which is Sloppy Joe's. Open early, live music, good drinks, and food. For something a bit more low key, check out Southernmost Café, which is near the Southernmost Beach and Southernmost marker.

Croissants de France on Duval or the aforementioned Southernmost Cafe. While down there stop for a drink across the street at the Southernmost House (a B&B) which is just a gorgeous old mansion with a lovely outdoor bar. Croissants de France has killer pastries to go and is on the walk back to the cruise ship, just sayin'.

I also like the key lime pie places. Kermit's is the one I've visited.

For those who need gluten-feee, Kermit’s claims to have it, but the girl working there when I was there in 2017 was clueless.

Key Lime Pie Company, otoh was incredibly friendly and accommodating. IMHO their pie is slightly better too.

When I could eat gluten things, Kermit’s was good, but even then I preferred KLPC.

OK, so you probably don't want to go to my favorite place, which is Sloppy Joe's. Open early, live music, good drinks, and food. For something a bit more low key, check out Southernmost Café, which is near the Southernmost Beach and Southernmost marker.

Is Southernmost Café the same as Southernmost Beach Cafe?

Thanks!

If you like tapas - Santiago’s Bodega

For a great and unique variety - Blue Heaven

Neither is on Duval, but both are within a few blocks of it.

WOW, thank you everyone for the replies!! I wasn’t expecting that many responses!! You guys are awesome:thanks:

Louie’s Backyard was made famous by Jimmy Buffett and is you are looking for a great meal in a beautiful environment it is a great choice. Unlike Louie’s Backyard, Blue Heaven is not on the water but is great place with interesting history. The best place for breakfast is Pepe’s - a total dive but worth the wait.

Chiming in also for Blue Heaven - Best meal of the trip! And if you happen to be a Kenny Chesney fan, he filmed a video there.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter