Keys to the Kingdom or Marceline to Magic Tour?

armerida

DIS Veteran
Hello!

We are big Disney fans (duh!), but have never done a tour before. Wondering if anyone could weigh in on which tour I should book for our upcoming trip - KTTK or Marceline? I was pretty set on Keys and going into the tunnels etc., but then I read that on Marceline, you go into the ballroom at Haunted Mansion and see the animatronic ghosts, which sounds so cool!

Thanks for any info!

I have done keys to the kingdom 3 times and would do it again.

I have taken the Marceline tour once and that was enough. The part under the haunted mansion was great, but the rest wasn’t.

We just took the Marceline tour. Going behind the scenes on HM was amazing. We also rode HM at park opening with the guide giving us info during the ride. We rode CoP with narration. We rode Pooh via FP line without narration, which I thought was a waste of time. We took an hour to walk from MS through Liberty Square to the HM entrance. Theres a ton of standing while the CM talks on this tour. We walked to Pooh after HM, then to CoP. It was over after CoP. I’ve read some books on Walt and seen some tv programs, but most of what the guide said was new. That being said, I would have preferred less standing around and more than one backstage portion.

I did Marceline and it was awesome. If you're a big HM fan, you can't go wrong. Not only do you get to see how they do the ballroom scene by going backstage, you also ride the ride with the guide pointing out things as you ride it and telling you the history of the ride. It's pretty amazing. At the end, you ride Carousel of Progress, too and you get your own theater with the guide who tells you all these really interesting stories and points out cool stuff about it as you experience it. Definitely awesome. I haven't done KTTK, but I'm sure its awesome in its own way. I think Marceline is a great starter tour with a lot of information.

I have done Keys (in 2015) and loved every minute of it. All tours have a lot of standing but if you are a Disney Nut go for which sounds better to you. I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Just do the other one next time since we all know there is always a another adventure at Disney on our horizon!! Good luck with your choice and have fun!!!

Been on the Keys to the Kingdom tour three times - all of which we went on the Jungle Cruise & the Haunted Mansion guided by our guide - as well as other stuff & the famous utilidors.

I think Keys has more to offer than Marceline - including a lunch break!

Going again this year for tour #4. :)

How far in advance should one book KTTK? Months in advance, weeks? I am planning to tour in October. Is there an advantage/disadvantage to a particular time - first available in the morning, a bit later? Thanks.

Thanks everyone for all the info! We are huge HM fans (would love to see the ballroom special effects) but really wanted to go into the utilidoors, so we ended up booking Keys to the Kingdom for this trip, and will do Marceline next time. So excited!

How far in advance should one book KTTK? Months in advance, weeks? I am planning to tour in October. Is there an advantage/disadvantage to a particular time - first available in the morning, a bit later? Thanks.
I just booked it for August 7 and had my choice of times. This was for a party of 2. I wanted early enough that we would beat the afternoon heat but late enough that we didn’t have to worry about rushing to the bus in the morning.

Just booked KTTK for August. This will be my first time and I have herd nothing but positive things about this tour. My only concern is where lunch will be since my family does not eat seafood. Fingers crossed it will not be Columbia Harbor House.

Just booked KTTK for August. This will be my first time and I have herd nothing but positive things about this tour. My only concern is where lunch will be since my family does not eat seafood. Fingers crossed it will not be Columbia Harbor House.

Sorry to say - when we did the KTTK tour a few years back, we ate at Columbia Harbor House
We had our own area upstairs with our tour and guide.
All the food was pre-ordered before the tour.

KTTK is hands down the best tour and it's always been Columbia Harbor House for the food.
It's not all seafood, we all eat it in my family of 5 but I know that the menu has non-seafood items as well.

When I did the tour in March we went to Pescos Bill. I didn't like it, but lunch wasn't the main focus of the tour. It was really an amazing experience, I loved going into the utilidoors and I learned so much that I never knew before. I would do this tour again for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter