Keys to the Kingdom Question

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
Hi all. So we have done the Keys to the Kingdom Tour probably was 10 years ago. We absolutely loved it. Looking at some ideas for our upcoming September trip. At $114 including a lunch it’s relatively inexpensive and are considering doing it again. Has anyone done it more than once? Has it changed at all? Is it worth doing again?

I wonder what the lunch is. I haven't done it, but it's on the to-do list at some point.
When we did it many years ago it was at Columbia Harbor House, sandwich, chips, a dessert and drink. So I just lookEd and saw they give AP Discount so for a 5 hour tour including lunch it’s a very reasonable price. I’m just wondering if it’s the exact same as we did so many years ago

Hi all. So we have done the Keys to the Kingdom Tour probably was 10 years ago. We absolutely loved it. Looking at some ideas for our upcoming September trip. At $114 including a lunch it’s relatively inexpensive and are considering doing it again. Has anyone done it more than once? Has it changed at all? Is it worth doing again?
We did the tour this month. It was excellent. It was a HOT day, but the guide tried to keep us in the shade as much as possible. Plenty of time backstage and behind the utilidoors, in my opinion. We rode two attractions and had lunch at pecos bills.

I will say they are dead serious about showing id’s with proof of age. There was a family checking in with a brand new 16 year old that had no photo id, and it was a problem. He couldn’t go without proof of age, so they were offered a reschedule or refund. (The cast member did suggest various ways to show confirmation that he was 16, but by the time our tour left they couldn’t do any of them).

I think it's largely the same with a few changes, such as the location for lunch (as posted above, believe they currently use Pecos Bills) and the attraction you ride. There are core elements and facts that likely haven't changed - the Main St. windows, pointing out the forced perspective effect, the way the park is organized, etc. That said, I think each guide tends to bring their own style to it and what you see in the utilidoors or in the parade warehouse can potentially vary by day. I have only done it once but would consider a second time as I'm sure there are facts I've forgotten or didn't absorb the first time around. On the topic of fun "extra" experiences -- if you haven't checked them out, I highly recommend the various options at Animal Kingdom. They range from fairly short and inexpensive (Caring for Giants and Up Close with Rhinos are both ~ an hour and $45) to more involved and expensive (Wild Africa Trek - $199; Savor the Savanna - ~$150). Behind the Seeds at the Land pavilion is another unique and very inexpensive option. Hope you have a great trip!

I have done the tour four times. It is the same, but different. The tour guide individualizes it. First two times lunch was in Columbia Harbor House. Last two were in Pecos Bill. Our back stage experiences were similar, but different.

If your last experience was 10 years ago - I'd say, definitely do it!! :)

When we did it many years ago it was at Columbia Harbor House, sandwich, chips, a dessert and drink. So I just lookEd and saw they give AP Discount so for a 5 hour tour including lunch it’s a very reasonable price. I’m just wondering if it’s the exact same as we did so many years ago
Same here.

The little area upstairs at Columbia Harbour House they had reserved for the Tour was a great spot.

I think Columbia Harbour House was probably a better spot that the current Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe.

And the KTTK Pin is a real cool keepsake that adds a little value to the price of the Tour.

In early May it was Pecos Bill's. I'm pretty sure that we got a discount by having the Disney Visa.
Last year I had to call to get tour discounts with the Visa but this year the website gave the discount with the Visa linked in MDE.

We did the tour this month. It was excellent. It was a HOT day, but the guide tried to keep us in the shade as much as possible. Plenty of time backstage and behind the utilidoors, in my opinion. We rode two attractions and had lunch at pecos bills.

I will say they are dead serious about showing id’s with proof of age. There was a family checking in with a brand new 16 year old that had no photo id, and it was a problem. He couldn’t go without proof of age, so they were offered a reschedule or refund. (The cast member did suggest various ways to show confirmation that he was 16, but by the time our tour left they couldn’t do any of them).
I did this with my son last month, and he just turned 16. I had forgotten about the ID requirement until we were waiting for the bus at our resort! So I made him run back to our room to get his ID (which was just a printed sheet of his permit since he doesn't have a license yet). Glad that we remembered in time and that he had it, hearing this!

inexpensive?? lol -- park admission plus $114 for the tour that includes a nice quick service lunch, but still it's just a quick service lunch seems expensive to me. I liked the tour, but it's a one and done for me. I did though have just a one day ticket to the MK, so that started off at $168 pp (Those single day tickets are really pricey), and I realize that we all have different budgets, disposable income, priorities, etc.

inexpensive?? lol -- park admission plus $114 for the tour that includes a nice quick service lunch, but still it's just a quick service lunch seems expensive to me. I liked the tour, but it's a one and done for me. I did though have just a one day ticket to the MK, so that started off at $168 pp (Those single day tickets are really pricey), and I realize that we all have different budgets, disposable income, priorities, etc.
I know what you’re saying. We are annual pass holders and go a lot so we get the use out of our passes and then we get a discount on tours. But we are doing 4 nights over Christmas holidays and our annual passes are blocked out those days which we really don’t mind. Gonna do resort tours and such BUT we said maybe we will buy a one day ticket to Epcot to do festival of the holidays and the day we want to go a one day ticket is $179! I nearly fell on the floor when I saw that because we have been annual pass holders for so long i havent paid attention to park ticket prices as we never go during blackout dates. I agree with you a $168 for a one day ticket and then $114 for a 5 hour tour that takes 5 hours away from park time your paying for in your one day ticket is a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter