Kid Size Fanny Packs

marley

DIS Veteran
My dd is 5 and wants to wear one at WDW. Has anyone ever found these? If so, where?

thanks, Marley

I'm in the UK so can't help you with where, but we had one last year and it was brilliant - we attached a strap to the back of it, so that if Katie wandered too far we wouldn't lose her and that worked really well, much better than a traditional wrist strap which she really hated.
In fact, we have 2, one came with the strap and the other was a freebie with a kids sized suitcase, so they must be fairly readily available.

Bev

Fisher Price has a line, as does Oshkosh. In fact try the Oshkosh website I know I have seen them for about 6.00.

I have seen them on and off at WDW but you can't always find them. I saw some minnie mouse childrens packs at the Contemporary but although the strap was small the pack was really big and to uncomfortable for my 7yo.

I have also seen them as part of childrens luggage sets at Target.

TJ

I have also seen the kids' size at my Target, but they were made by Coleman and were in the camping section. These even have a small water bottle that sits in its own mesh pocket on the side of the pack. I believe they were about $8. They may even have them on Target.com

I got a little denim one with flowers embordered on it in the assesories? dept at Target last year. I don't know what brand. It was with a bunch of little girls purses, hair assecories & stuff. She's going to take it this year too!

thank you to everyone! I knew they had to exist. I looked at Walmart yesterday and had no luck but will definitely try Target and the Osh Kosh outlet.

thanks, Marley

My son got a luggage on wheels, small backpack, and a small fanny pack from his MeMe at X-mas. She asked what she could get him and we told her about our upcoming trip to Disney(May 25-June 1) and said that he needed luggage. She got it at Target for under $20.00 for the whole set. It is red, yellow, and blue. I'm thinking about putting Disney iron ons all over it. Last time I was there they still had some. He uses them now for when he goes to stay the night with friends.

Sometimes the kids size fanny packs are too small to fit an autograph book which is what most kids want to bring. So I just got a smaller size adult fanny pack and had the straps shortened at the shoe repair shop. Worked perfectly.

They sell them in the parks with Mickey on them! The feet stick out the bottom and the ears stick out the top.

I have seen them in the Lillian Vernon catalog. Try the website, I believe there is a section called Lilly's Kids.

If a fanny pack is too large, just unhook it and tie the strap in a knot.

When my kids were younger I bought a big bag of snacks to keep in our room and every day the kids could pick out snacks to put in their fanny packs. That way they always had something to nibble on in the parks.

http://www.creativems.com/shop/fannypk.html

They come in colors and are 4.25 a piece.

They are more kid size, then other ones I've seen. I just received a purple one for my 7 year old and it it great. 2 zippered pockets. Only complaint is that buckle strap is very long. MIght need to tie it or trim some off.

Good luck to you,

Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter