• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kidani Village standard view

matthew517

Mouseketeer
I have been a member since 2007 and have never stayed in a standard view villa at Kidani. Can anyone recommend a building that makes this special?

I have been a member since 2007 and have never stayed in a standard view villa at Kidani. Can anyone recommend a building that makes this special?
Animal-Kingdom-Lodge-Kidani-map_Page_1-600x465.png

As you can see, you don't have many options....Just 2 long hallways going waaaay down....Closest to lobby is what I would always choose, but it's pure preference. If you'd like to be closer to the pool and have a decent view, I'd choose down the left side Closest to buses without having to go back n forth thru lobby, then I'd choose the right side... But a standard would be giving you a parking lot view...IMHO we've been on that side and enjoyed both times.

When staying at Kidani with standard view, I always pick closest to the lobby. I enjoy the savanna from the viewing areas rather than having a far walk to my room!

The map provided above shows, when facing the map, the north wing on the left side and the south on the right side. The front entrance to the lobby faces west. The north wing has nine building units with rooms and the south wing eight (for both the last unit is smaller than the rest).

The standard view rooms on the south wing are those facing mainly west and overlooking the front entrance area, the backside of the bus depot and roads and some outside parking areas (most parking is on the first floor under the building). Only the first four building units from the lobby on that south wing have standard view rooms, The last four on that wing have rooms only of the Sunset savanna side of the building, which are all savanna view.

On the north wing, the first three building units from the lobby have standard view rooms looking west, overlooking the front entrance and the pool area (which mostly see a hill leading to the pool area). About half the fourth building unit from the lobby has standard view rooms which are actually over a small portion right at the end of the Pembe savanna. All the rooms on the Pembe savanna side of the sixth and seventh building units from the lobby of that wing have direct Pembe savanna view, and all are "standard view" because the perimeter fence of the savanna comes somewhat close to the building, but you can readily see animals from your room (the two standard GVs at Kidani are right at the end of the sixth building unit and right at the beginning of the seventh).

If you want to try for a direct savanna view with a standard view room, best request to make through MS is for a room near the Pumbaa elevator, which is the elevator between the sixth and seventh building units from the lobby on the north wing. Be aware, however, that if you get that request granted, you will have very long walks to the lobby and bus station. The Kidani building from end to end is about 2/3 mile long (among the longest, single hotel-type buildings in the world, and I mean on earth not just Disney World).

One request you may want to avoid is "close to lobby." If granted you get a room that is close to the lobby on either wing of the resort, but be aware, that as a result of most now knowing that the long walks from room to lobby can take forever from rooms near the end of the wings, the near lobby request is the one most made by members reserving Kidani, and thus also the one with a highest risk of not getting it because of too many requests. If the resort cannot meet a location request, it just gives you any available room at the time, which can be one very far from the lobby.

Two alternative requests to consider if you want to be within a reasonable distance from the lobby are: (a) a room near the Rafiki elevator, which is between the
second and third buildings units from the lobby on the north wing; down that elevator to the ground floor parking lot gives the shortest possible walk from the building to a gate entrance to the pool; or (b) a room near the Timon elevator, which is between the second and third building units on the south wing; that elevator on the second floor is close to a doorway that leads directly to the bus station.

Last edited:

Animal-Kingdom-Lodge-Kidani-map_Page_1-600x465.png

As you can see, you don't have many options....Just 2 long hallways going waaaay down....Closest to lobby is what I would always choose, but it's pure preference. If you'd like to be closer to the pool and have a decent view, I'd choose down the left side Closest to buses without having to go back n forth thru lobby, then I'd choose the right side... But a standard would be giving you a parking lot view...IMHO we've been on that side and enjoyed both times.
I agree with these tips.

We had a standard view that was near the bus stop. Our balcony overlooked a cast parking lot between us and the buses but it actually wasn’t horrible. There is tons of tall, leafy vegetation and the buses were far enough off they didn’t bother us.

Also, being on that right side, you can go down to ground level and walk out and it’s then a shorter walk to Jambo House.

The map provided above shows, when facing the map, the north wing on the left side and the south on the right side. The front entrance to the lobby faces west. The north wing has nine building units with rooms and the south wing eight (for both the last unit is smaller than the rest).

The standard view rooms on the south wing are those facing mainly west and overlooking the front entrance area, the backside of the bus depot and roads and some outside parking areas (most parking is on the first floor under the building). Only the first four building units from the lobby on that south wing have standard view rooms, The last four on that wing have rooms only of the Sunset savanna side of the building, which are all savanna view.

On the north wing, the first three building units from the lobby have standard view rooms looking west, overlooking the front entrance and the pool area (which mostly see a hill leading to the pool area). About half the fourth building unit from the lobby has standard view rooms which are actually over a small portion right at the end of the Pembe savanna. All the rooms on the Pembe savanna side of the sixth and seventh building units from the lobby of that wing have direct Pembe savanna view, and all are "standard view" because the perimeter fence of the savanna comes somewhat close to the building, but you can readily see animals from your room (the two standard GVs at Kidani are right at the end of the sixth building unit and right at the beginning of the seventh).

If you want to try for a direct savanna view with a standard view room, best request to make through MS is for a room near the Pumbaa elevator, which is the elevator between the sixth and seventh building units from the lobby on the north wing. Be aware, however, that if you get that request granted, you will have very long walks to the lobby and bus station. The Kidani building from end to end is about 2/3 mile long (among the longest, single hotel-type buildings in the world, and I mean on earth not just Disney World).

One request you may want to avoid is "close to lobby." If granted you get a room that is close to the lobby on either wing of the resort, but be aware, that as a result of most now knowing that the long walks from room to lobby can take forever from rooms near the end of the wings, the near lobby request is the one most made by members reserving Kidani, and thus also the one with a highest risk of not getting it because of too many requests. If the resort cannot meet a location request, it just gives you any available room at the time, which can be one very far from the lobby.

Two alternative requests to consider if you want to be within a reasonable distance from the lobby are: (a) a room near the Rafiki elevator, which is between the
second and third buildings units from the lobby on the north wing; down that elevator to the ground floor parking lot gives the shortest possible walk from the building to a gate entrance to the pool; or (b) a room near the Timon elevator, which is between the second and third building units on the south wing; that elevator on the second floor is close to a doorway that leads directly to the bus station.
This has been so helpful, thank you!

Hey, I'm in the same boat! We have a dedicated Standard 2-BR for June 2023. We were thinking 2nd or 3rd floor close to the Timon elevator, since we want to be: a) close to the lobby, b) away from smoking sections, and c) not on a top floor where we'd hear a lot of roof construction noise. Does that sound like a good strategy in your opinions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter