Kids and interest in the Pirate Cruise?

Christi 2002

Earning My Ears
Hi. I have 3 DS's - 10, 8 & 4 1/2. I have them reserved for the Pirate Cruise and I am wondering if the 10 year old will be bored with it. He actually turns 10 while we are there. Is this mainly geared toward younger children? or Does anyone have a 10 year old who enjoyed it?
Thanks for any info
Christi

My 5 yr old DD did the cruise this past June, 2001. She LOVED it, although she did say it was hot! She said they sang some songs, went on the hunt for treasure, and rode the boat back. She said she would like to do it again when we go back. On the day that Allison did the cruise, most of the kids were between about 4 - 7 yrs old. I would double check with the CM's on exactly what they do on the cruise since your oldest is 10, that way, you could let him know exactly what the kids will do and he could make up his own mind. If he chooses not to go, maybe you could go have breakfast together at the GF Cafe while the younger ones do the cruise. (That's what I did while Allison cruised! The pecan pancakes were great!!)
Allison really enjoyed wearing the pirate "hat" (scarf).
By the way, the CM's that went with the kids on the pirate cruise were great!!! They answered many of the parents questions and the kids went off happily.

My 2 boys, who were 9 and 4 at the time, loved the Pirates Cruise. I really think your 10 year old will enjoy it.

Of all the plans I made for our last trip the Pirate Cruise was the one I was so unsure of... as far as if my kids would enjoy it. I was worried even as they left the dock.... well it turned out to be one of their favorite things of the whole week! My DS was 6 and DD was 9 1/2. The day they went there were several other older kids (8,9,10) and they all buddied up and had a blast. The CMs are terrific and I suspect really make the event the success it is. Some of the older kids took disposable cameras along, I thought that was a neat idea. You can post here on the DIS asking if any other older kids will be going on that same date, I did that and found out a few older kids were going too. Go for it, you won't be sorry!:D

My son is 8, but is very tall. I know he will feel self-conscious if all the other kids are 3 and 4. He is booked for Thursday, May 9th!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter