Kids Clubs at WDW Resorts

MJS

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any experiences to share about the clubs at the WDW resorts? We have always used in-room care, but now our little one is old enough for the clubs. Here are a few questions:

What are the checkin/out procedures? How do they ensure that a child is returned to the person who is "authorized" to take them out of the club?

The age range is 4 to 12. That is a wide range. Are there age appropriate activities? Will my 4 year old get lost is the shuffle of older kids?

Who staffs the clubs? What is the staff to child ratio?

Do they require reservations? If yes, when can I make those?

What are the activities?

Which resort has the best club? We stay at the BCV, so the Sandcastle club is a likely choice for us, but if we go over to the MK area, there are many other choices (Poly, GF, etc.). Has anyone used the AKL club? WL?

Thanks!

I would like more info on this also. We are staying at the CR, and would like to use their club for convenience, however, I will drive to whatever club will be more fun for their kids. Someone else had posted that thier kids read and played video games at the club. Honestly, that isn't enough for me to be paying that kind of money for. I would like staff interaction, crafts, activities, etc. Are my demands too high or is there a club that will suit us?

I can answer a few of your questions...

My DD loves the Neverland Club over at the Poly. She has been 4 or 5 times now and always wants to go back. They do crafts., have computer games and other activities, along with a dinner buffet. We always come home with various projects done during the evening.

When you check in, you get a copy of the confirmation slip and have to bring that back to collect your child. You will also be issued a pager and they will call you if they need to. There is a check in area with a desk and you have to come through here to get into the club for drop offs and pick ups. (your child gets sprinkled with pixie dust and goes through a window to get into the club - cute) They will watch your child very carefully - I have absolute confidence in them.

Mickeyluver37 - I didn't find the price that high, considering how much fun my DD had while there. As I recall, it was $8/hr last time we went.

You can book 60 days out with the dining reservation number.

Haven't tried any of the other resort centers as DD loves this one. Would like to know about Sandcastle.

I have used the Cub's Den at WL on 2 separate vacations. The kids really enjoyed it. We had to sign for drop off and pick up of our children. They also issued us a pager and asked specifically where we would be. The children ate dinner, played games, went on the computer, colored and watched a video. We were always happy with the service and security!

My DU agent made my DS5 ressies at the NEverland Club 120 days out and we didn't need any dinner confirmation number to do that.

My girls used the Neverland Club at the poly when they were 4 while DH and I went to dinner at the Contemporary. They gave us a pager and we needed our receipt to pick them up.

When we arrived to pick them up, one daughter was sleeping while the other was "partying" with a few 10 year old girls. When we picked them up (it was sometime between 9 and 10) they were showing a movie, but they made my sleeping daughter comfortable and the other kids were allowed to joke and play around.

They reported that they enjoyed the food, did arts and crafts and had a good time. Mostly they spoke about having fun with the other kids there, they did not mention the CMs who worked there.

We plan on returning in Nov, and my daughters who will be 6 then have asked to go back.

What if the child is almost 4. We are going that last week in April 2004 and she will be 4 5/16. Does she have to be exactly 4 or are there any clubs that take 3 yr olds. What if we told them she was 4, would they know the difference?

Just curious.

Thanks!

Mickeycrazie,

My daughters had just turned 4 at the time, and one was on the small side ( and certainly could have passed for a 3 year old). We were never asked for proof of age. However, they must be toilet trained and self-sufficient to use the potty as they did not get help to go.

When I asked the concierge at the Poly to book it for me on a visit before they had turned 4, she replied that she could not because regulations require they must be 4.

Hope this helps.

I just have a couple questions in reference to the kids clubs:

1) Do you have to be staying at a Disney resort to get this service? I'm assuming not since you are actually paying for it by the hour.

2) My 11 year old son is autistic but very friendly with older kids...he's not very good with toddlers. He wouldn't need 1 to 1 care but would need someone to monitor him closely. Basically, he needs to be monitored like a toddler, not an 11 year old. He's very impulsive and will go after whatever he wants unless someone stops him. Don't get me wrong, he's a great bright kid but I worry about him but he loves to play with children his own age but it is hard for him to be accepted sometimes. Would they accommodate him at these clubs? I know it might be more money, but has anyone else ever left a child with some mental disabilities?

Thanks for the responses. Do the beepers work well if you leave the resort grounds? (ie. child is at the Sandcastle Club at the BC, and parents go to the Boardwalk). Thanks!

The pagers work well. You can also call the kid's club to check on your child periodically through the evening. My DS was 4 when he tried the Neverland Club. He too had a wonderful time there. It is larger than some of the others and they serve a buffet dinner with all of the kid's favorites. Last year DS tried Simba's Cubhouse at AKL. He LOVED it! It is smaller and a more intimate environment. The CMs were fantastic there. They played games, watched movies made arts and crafts and ate dinner. He begged to go back!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter