Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way - all you crafty people - has anyone made their own Jibbitz/shoe charms for crocs?

Thanks so much!!

Wendy:goodvibes

I've made our own out of buttons. You use a botton on top with a shank on it and a plain button that will go throught the holes to hold it in. You just hook them together with thread or floss. We've made several this way, and they work really well. I got this idea from somewhere online.
Cindy B Good said:
Guess what I bought myself for my Birthday? A princess pillow case!!! It's so pertty, & makes me happy with all it's colors. My inner 7 y.o. is jumping up & down excited! I think I'm using it for the applique on the front of my retro Cinderella apron. After I pick up the boys, we'll work on the chocolate bundt for dessert. Then I rented Nanny Diaries to watch with while DH bathes the boys (whether he's game for the task or not, he he!)

I love it that you got yourself a princess pillowcase! You are too cute!

Well, I did it! I want to say thanks to everyone for their encouragement but especially Tom! I don't think I would have finished this without the upholstery thread. I finished three of these today and am going to start on matching AG nightgowns for the three girls. If you look closely, the "M" on her shirt is the same font that the "Montana" is in the Hannah Montana logo. I was very happy to find this in JoAnn's because it is my friend's daughter's favorite. She is home from the hospital and is expected to make a full recovery. She still has to have chemo for 2 and an half years, so it will be a long road for this little kid. I am hoping this nightgown and one for her doll will make her smile.

Megan crackyed me up when she tried it on. She told me to grab my camera so she could do her poses. First, this is her "signature pose." She is very proud of it:

100_2163.jpg

Then she said "twirling"

100_2164.jpg

After that, she said (and I quote), "doing the JoJo"

100_2165.jpg

I asked if she was done and she said she had one more, the "curtsy"

100_2166.jpg

She is such a character!

Stehanie, that is adorable! I love the M! Megan is such a doll! Tell Megan that I love her signature pose! She is SOOOO cute, she just makes me smile everytime I see her picture!

THANK YOU!!!! DD5 is very impressed with the Happy Birthday sign. To quote her, "It's beautiful and it's all for you!"

That is so sweet!!! :lovestruc

We took a little trip to Mishawaka yesterday, and went to the Disney Store :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: They were having 40% off their clearance prices, so I picked up a few things.

Waaaaaaaaaay too many pictures coming your way......

I fell in love with this Aurora dress when I saw it a few months ago. At that time, the saleslady (or do they still call them CMs?) told me she thought it was ugly! Funny, I didn't see her there yesterday! I loved it, and was very excited to see it on clearance! I also picked up the tights, and the crown and wand. I origianlly wanted that crown for myself, because Heather is getting one, I thought it would be cute if we both had crowns at Disney World! Lydia said I could borrow it though. ;)

DSCF2147.jpg

DSCF2166.jpg

Modified Jojo
DSCF2168.jpg

Twirling
DSCF2162.jpg

She was about to do a curtsie and she wanted everyone to see that "There's a PETTISKIRT underneath!!!!" (She was very excited about that!)
DSCF2157.jpg

DSCF2155.jpg

DSCF2152.jpg

And, just because I think she is so cute!
DSCF2172.jpg

Do you want flannel backed satin?
We are making PJs for a trip in March as an Easter basket gift and I think it will be too hot for flannel backed, plus we want them to last for summer too.

Are you looking for something silky, or just something fire-retardant?

I usually get stuff like that in the clothuing fabrics at JoAnn or the equivalent. I got a really cute poly-satin with tink and friends on it at JoAnn about a month ago...but it wasn't pastels. It was royal purple.

Just something silky. Where do you find fire retardant? I've never seen it. Do you have a picture of the Tink fabric. That might work because we're also doing Tink gifts, so that would tie it all in together.

We are making PJs for a trip in March as an Easter basket gift and I think it will be too hot for flannel backed, plus we want them to last for summer too.

Just something silky. Where do you find fire retardant? I've never seen it. Do you have a picture of the Tink fabric. That might work because we're also doing Tink gifts, so that would tie it all in together.

I have seen fire-retardant (made for PJs and made for indoor fabric displays) in NYC at some fabric stores. Something like $20+ a yard. :scared1:

I'll got try to find the camera and take some pics of the tink fabric. (DH packed the amera while we were away, and I still have yet to find it)

Love all the birthday cake photos!

Well, I did it! I want to say thanks to everyone for their encouragement but especially Tom! I don't think I would have finished this without the upholstery thread. I finished three of these today and am going to start on matching AG nightgowns for the three girls. If you look closely, the "M" on her shirt is the same font that the "Montana" is in the Hannah Montana logo. I was very happy to find this in JoAnn's because it is my friend's daughter's favorite. She is home from the hospital and is expected to make a full recovery. She still has to have chemo for 2 and an half years, so it will be a long road for this little kid. I am hoping this nightgown and one for her doll will make her smile.

Megan crackyed me up when she tried it on. She told me to grab my camera so she could do her poses. First, this is her "signature pose." She is very proud of it:

th_100_2163.jpg

She is such a character!

Steph, the nightgown turned out great! Love the fabric! Megan is so cute she made me laugh.

We took a little trip to Mishawaka yesterday, and went to the Disney Store :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: They were having 40% off their clearance prices, so I picked up a few things.

Waaaaaaaaaay too many pictures coming your way......

I fell in love with this Aurora dress when I saw it a few months ago. At that time, the saleslady (or do they still call them CMs?) told me she thought it was ugly! Funny, I didn't see her there yesterday! I loved it, and was very excited to see it on clearance! I also picked up the tights, and the crown and wand. I origianlly wanted that crown for myself, because Heather is getting one, I thought it would be cute if we both had crowns at Disney World! Lydia said I could borrow it though. ;)

th_DSCF2147.jpg

th_DSCF2166.jpg

Modified Jojo
th_DSCF2168.jpg

She was about to do a curtsie and she wanted everyone to see that "There's a PETTISKIRT underneath!!!!" (She was very excited about that!)

And, just because I think she is so cute!
th_DSCF2172.jpg

OMG I love the dress and Lydia is soooo beautiful! I want that crown too! You made me do a search and I found one Disney store in Utah--about 45 minutes away from me---hmmmm, if DD2 wasn't sick again I'd be making a road trip!

I think the dress in the movie was more of a teal silk embroidered with gold flowers. Then, it had a chiffon underskirt. Teresa has been searching for "the perfect fabric" since we saw the movie. I have some that is fairly close that I want to use to make Tessa a dress with (but I don't know if I have enough). I got it at JoAnn on clearance a few months ago for $2.50/yard and it's real silk!! Here's a picture of it:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/hkite/Sewing/Gisellesjadedress.jpg
bluegreensilk.jpg

If anyone has any of this fabric and you're willing to part with it, please let Teresa or me know!
I love all the fabric hunts for Giselle's dress & can't wait to see all the creations! When I saw it in the movie, I thought that'd be a pretty nightgown (Yep, like if I was a size 2, not a 10!!! That actress is so beautifully thin!) O, thanks for the way cool Birthday graphics & remembering "Backlot Cindy".

I love seeing everyones CUTE sets!!! When we went to Disney I made my two kiddos the outfits they wore when there. I plan on doing that again this year! I make custom boutique hair bows on ebay. I have made a ton of minnie themed bows. Right now I have Tink and Ariel listed. I would post pics but I have no clue how to do that yet on here. LOLL If ya wanna see them check out doodlesbowtique on eBay.
Welcome!!! Are you in TX witih the cowboys's avator? I'm gonna check out your bows on :wizard: for my niece.

I love it that you got yourself a princess pillowcase! You are too cute!
Thanks, sometimes you've just gotta throw the party for yourself, mentally. Know what I mean? I thank God to be living & breathing, healthy, happy & loved. I also treated myself to one of those new Java Chillers at Sonic (coffee, with soft serve, hazelnut & whip cream)-how decadent!

We took a little trip to Mishawaka yesterday, and went to the Disney Store :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: They were having 40% off their clearance prices, so I picked up a few things. ]
I'd planned on going to our Disney store yesterday too! I chickened out because of slick roads & having my glasses on. (It's 25 minutes away). Now, I'd wish I'd gone & bought myself a tiara also!!!

That CM needed the boot! Honestly, what a garbage attitude & especially at a Disney place! I love, love, love that Cinder Coah tiara on Lydia!! You sooo both have to embrace your inner Princesses & wear those tiaras! My sis & I did at Disneyland! Besides, it helps the CMs not feel so quirky in their garb, right?

I've gotten really behind on replying. It is hurting my back to sit at the computer. Thank you to everyone who replied to my post about my poor van. I appreciate all the :hug:

I love :lovestruc all of the newest dresses! Tom that Belle outfit is gorgeous. I love the yellow!
jham, your valentine dress is adorable on that little cupid baby of yours. SO CUTE :cutie:

The Tinkerbelle dress was adorable. So were the Elf Overalls
Stephres! that nightgown turned out really well. I want to make one for my DD. Where did you get the Hannah Montana fabric?

Lydia looks adorable in her new dress! Very nice poses!

my*two*angels I hope your little one is doing better. :sick: Did she pass it to your other DD? I hope everyone is healthy at your house.

OMG I love the dress and Lydia is soooo beautiful! I want that crown too! You made me do a search and I found one Disney store in Utah--about 45 minutes away from me---hmmmm, if DD2 wasn't sick again I'd be making a road trip!
The closest Disney Store to us is 45 mintues away too! I do wish we had one closer again! I'm sorry your daughter is sick, hopefully she will be feeling better soon! They also have the crowns online.

Thanks, sometimes you've just gotta throw the party for yourself, mentally. Know what I mean? I thank God to be living & breathing, healthy, happy & loved. I also treated myself to one of those new Java Chillers at Sonic (coffee, with soft serve, hazelnut & whip cream)-how decadent!

I'd planned on going to our Disney store yesterday too! I chickened out because of slick roads & having my glasses on. (It's 25 minutes away). Now, I'd wish I'd gone & bought myself a tiara also!!!

That CM needed the boot! Honestly, what a garbage attitude & especially at a Disney place! I love, love, love that Cinder Coah tiara on Lydia!! You sooo both have to embrace your inner Princesses & wear those tiaras! My sis & I did at Disneyland! Besides, it helps the CMs not feel so quirky in their garb, right?

Embrace our inner princess, I like that! A little off the subject, but I'll share this anyway.... I've been going to Disney World since they opened, when I was 2. I have ALWAYS wanted a pair of pink Mickey ears with my name on the back. For some reason, in all those many years and many trips, I never got a pair, so last year, I bought some and wore them everyday! It felt like I was a kid again, I was just so happy to have my ears! I even bobby pinned it on to make sure I wouldn't lose it! I was quite a site I bet with my blue Crocs, lime green Mickey Head on my purple Tink pin lanyard, Mickey Mouse print dress, pink Mickey ears, and a camera around my neck! Can anyone say "tourist"! Such fun though!
ETA: I almost forgot! I ALSO had on a red Disney name tag!

I couldn't believe it when the CM came up and told me that she thought the dress I was looking at was ugly. And, that she would know, because she had once studied design in college. (So, tell me again why you are working at the Disney Store in the mall then???)

We use to have a Disney Store 25 mintues away, but one day, they closed. Heather and I cried and wore black for a month.
This is for you Portage Disney Store:
3.gif

And, you are so considerate to think of making the CMs at the park feel better! You are crackying me up today!

I've gotten really behind on replying. It is hurting my back to sit at the computer. Thank you to everyone who replied to my post about my poor van. I appreciate all the :hug:

Lydia looks adorable in her new dress! Very nice poses!

my*two*angels I hope your little one is doing better. :sick: Did she pass it to your other DD? I hope everyone is healthy at your house.

Does your back hurt from the accident? I hope you are doing ok.

Lydia had fun posing for the pictures, although, as you can see she had a hard time looking into the camera, because the TV was on!

Hello Everyone

I hope you and your familys are all well or feel better soon. I am writing today to ask if any of you will be at Disneyland the week of jan 21-27 my family and I will be there thur the 24 thru sunday the 26. I hope to see some one frm here. Happy new Year to all best wishes.:wizard:

That girl just makes me smile!! I love the nightgown and I did notice the M was in the "Montana" font!

I knew you would notice. I was very proud of myself, although it's not as obvious on the other nightgowns (K and L), I still thought it was cool.

I went to JoAnn's and scoured the two rows of clearance and didn't see your fabric. I did see some beautiful turquoise brocade that was 30% off. I took a picture with my phone and I will try to figure out how to e-mail it to you.

That nightgown is so cute!! And your DD is adorable with all of her poses. She reminds me of my little DD. She hams it up for the camera too. That is so sweet of you to make the gowns for your friend's little girl. Surely you will get a hug and a smile out of her.:love:

I hope so! Aren't little girls fun? I dread the day she tells me to stop making her things!

I think I may have this pattern and just didn't realize it I will have to see!!!

My DD's favorite thing to check when she tries on a new dress are the Curtsy and twirl factors if one fails you can bet she won't wear it much!

I only used that pattern once but I liked it. The top came out a little short so I added the ruffles but now I really want to make a strip skirt with it since you mentioned it!

The Curtsy always crackys me up because she looks like such a loon. A good twirl factor is a must!

How cute Steph! I am glad that I am not the only one with a little cut- up on their hands!

I am glad that the upholstery thread tip helped. After breaking one too many bobbin threads, I thought of using something stronger. So far, I have yet to break the upholstery thread.

Thank you so much: I really was pulling my hair out. I can't believe how easy it was to do with it. You are the master! :worship:

Stehanie, that is adorable! I love the M! Megan is such a doll! Tell Megan that I love her signature pose! She is SOOOO cute, she just makes me smile everytime I see her picture!

Thank you! Megan will be so pleased that someone appreciates her signature pose. Now if she sees other kids doing it, she will really be over the moon!

That dress is beautiful! Who knows what that employee was thinking! I think it is very sweet that Lydia is going to let you wear the crown. She is so cute I just want to eat her up!

Steph, the nightgown turned out great! Love the fabric! Megan is so cute she made me laugh.

Thank you! She makes me laugh all the time too!

Stephres! that nightgown turned out really well. I want to make one for my DD. Where did you get the Hannah Montana fabric?

They had that Hannah Montana flannel and High School Musical flannel at JoAnn's; they said they just got it in. After I got the upholstery thread, it was very easy!

I love seeing everyones CUTE sets!!! When we went to Disney I made my two kiddos the outfits they wore when there. I plan on doing that again this year! I make custom boutique hair bows on ebay. I have made a ton of minnie themed bows. Right now I have Tink and Ariel listed. I would post pics but I have no clue how to do that yet on here. LOLL If ya wanna see them check out doodlesbowtique on eBay.
:welcome: Glad to have you here!! Make sure you post pictures of your kids outfits once you have enough posts! We're not allowed to talk about what we or others have for sale on ebay. But, you can put your ebay username in your signature.

There's no such thing as too many pictures of my pretty Lyddy!! I WANT that dress!! I almost bought it for Tessa online. They are an EXTRA 50% off the clearance prices today on disneyshopping.com. Here's a link to the sale:
http://home.disney.go.com/shopping/?CMP=ILL-DisneyShoppingcom&att=dcmsppngdshppngcm
PJ Pals are $5, princess t-shirts are $3.50, then the site went down and I couldn't shop anymore. GRRR!!!

I noticed a section of fire retardant fabric at JoAnn yesterday. It was mostly flannel-like stuff.

The closest Disney Store to us is 45 mintues away too! I do wish we had one closer again! I'm sorry your daughter is sick, hopefully she will be feeling better soon! They also have the crowns online.

Embrace our inner princess, I like that! A little off the subject, but I'll share this anyway.... I've been going to Disney World since they opened, when I was 2. I have ALWAYS wanted a pair of pink Mickey ears with my name on the back. For some reason, in all those many years and many trips, I never got a pair, so last year, I bought some and wore them everyday! It felt like I was a kid again, I was just so happy to have my ears! I even bobby pinned it on to make sure I wouldn't lose it! I was quite a site I bet with my blue Crocs, lime green Mickey Head on my purple Tink pin lanyard, Mickey Mouse print dress, pink Mickey ears, and a camera around my neck! Can anyone say "tourist"! Such fun though!
ETA: I almost forgot! I ALSO had on a red Disney name tag!

I couldn't believe it when the CM came up and told me that she thought the dress I was looking at was ugly. And, that she would know, because she had once studied design in college. (So, tell me again why you are working at the Disney Store in the mall then???)

We use to have a Disney Store 25 mintues away, but one day, they closed. Heather and I cried and wore black for a month.
This is for you Portage Disney Store:
3.gif
I love your description of your outfit at Disney! You are crackying me up (I had to get in on the cracky revival)!!

Ah, Portage Disney store- you are sorely missed...:sad1:
Mervyn's, I really miss you too....:sad1:

Too funny that you wondered why that CM was working at the Disney store in the mall if she has a "degree in design". What an idiot!

Hello Everyone

I hope you and your familys are all well or feel better soon. I am writing today to ask if any of you will be at Disneyland the week of jan 21-27 my family and I will be there thur the 24 thru sunday the 26. I hope to see some one frm here. Happy new Year to all best wishes.:wizard:
Where have you been? I was wondering if you would post again! Glad to see you!:hug:

I went to JoAnn's and scoured the two rows of clearance and didn't see your fabric. I did see some beautiful turquoise brocade that was 30% off. I took a picture with my phone and I will try to figure out how to e-mail it to you.
I got the e-mail. Thank you!! That is some beautiful fabric! What section was that in? Thank you so much for looking for the fabric for me. I really, really, appreciate it!

Hi Susan! Glad to see you posting! How are you doing?

Pretty dreadful....this is way off topic...my 9 month old grandson is having what appears to be petit mal seizures (my oldest daughter used to have hundreds a day and eventually she outgrew them...or whatever), the right side of his mouth pulls and twitches and so does his chin. My daughter and son in law are finally out of the ghetto of North Phila and temporarily staying in my basement...dad is trying to get a job, goes to unemployment office daily, 6 hours a day, applying for jobs, and they have an application for housing assistance...anyhow, they are receiving cash assistance (welfare) and medical assistance (medicaid) for now...No doctor, no pediatrician, no family doctor anywhere near us or far from us will give us an appointment because the child is on MA...."we take it, but we have our quota" "we aren't taking any new patients" "only if the child was born here" "only if the parents are patients here" and on and on....the only suggestion anyone can make is to take him to the ER...as an RN, I always wondered why poor people used the ER as their family doctor...now I know why...we give billions of dollars away, yet we can't serve our poor, and those who are trying to get out of the ghettos....what is wrong with our country? We spend billions to put a space launch up and then scrap it...oh, well, see where I am going?
Just pray for us...

I got the e-mail. Thank you!! That is some beautiful fabric! What section was that in? Thank you so much for looking for the fabric for me. I really, really, appreciate it!

It was with the fancy fabric. They had about half a row of silk brocade and the one I send you was with it. If you want some, let me know!

Pretty dreadful....this is way off topic...my 9 month old grandson is having what appears to be petit mal seizures (my oldest daughter used to have hundreds a day and eventually she outgrew them...or whatever), the right side of his mouth pulls and twitches and so does his chin. My daughter and son in law are finally out of the ghetto of North Phila and temporarily staying in my basement...dad is trying to get a job, goes to unemployment office daily, 6 hours a day, applying for jobs, and they have an application for housing assistance...anyhow, they are receiving cash assistance (welfare) and medical assistance (medicaid) for now...No doctor, no pediatrician, no family doctor anywhere near us or far from us will give us an appointment because the child is on MA...."we take it, but we have our quota" "we aren't taking any new patients" "only if the child was born here" "only if the parents are patients here" and on and on....the only suggestion anyone can make is to take him to the ER...as an RN, I always wondered why poor people used the ER as their family doctor...now I know why...we give billions of dollars away, yet we can't serve our poor, and those who are trying to get out of the ghettos....what is wrong with our country? We spend billions to put a space launch up and then scrap it...oh, well, see where I am going?
Just pray for us...

That is just terrible. I'll be praying for your daughter and grandson. :hug:

Just pray for us...
Oh Susan, how awful that you can't find a doctor for the baby! I don't think they should be allowed to turn patients down just because they have medicaid! I'll be praying for him and for all of you. :hug:

It was with the fancy fabric. They had about half a row of silk brocade and the one I send you was with it. If you want some, let me know!

Thanks Steph! I'll look for it when I go tomorrow!

they are receiving cash assistance (welfare) and medical assistance (medicaid) for now...No doctor, no pediatrician, no family doctor anywhere near us or far from us will give us an appointment because the child is on MA...."we take it, but we have our quota" "we aren't taking any new patients" "only if the child was born here" "only if the parents are patients here" and on and on....the only suggestion anyone can make is to take him to the ER...as an RN, I always wondered why poor people used the ER as their family doctor...now I know why...Just pray for us...

I used to work in an ER and we had Medicaid patients (kids) come in all the time for fevers, colds, etc. So I second the take the baby to the ER to get him checked out. From there he might be able to get a referral and then they may have to take him.

Medicaid and many of the HMO ins payout horribly to the MDs that they don't want to take them or if they do then they have to take on and see a ton of patients to make up for the payout. Then people complain about the wait time or how little time the MD spent with them. Just know that the MDs aren't happy with how the ins cos are forcing them to practice medicine either.

I hope the little guy gets to feeling better and he gets to see a MD so they can get him on some meds to stop or lessen his seizures.

Just pray for us...

Wow Susan, you just keep having hard times. You and your family are in my prayers and I hope everything turns out okay with your beautiful grandson. :hug:

For those of you looking, K Mart also carries the princess pillowcases. For various reasons, I prefer not to shop at Wally World so I was thrilled to see the pillowcases at K Mart as well.

DD has been showing a preference for Tinkerbell lately, she has the princess dress-up trunk and she likes to wear the Tink skirt and wings all the time. Here is what I made with the Tink Pillowcase.
tinkdress004.jpg

tinkdress001.jpg

tinkdress002.jpg

I can't tell you how much the appliqué presser foot helped with the letters and Tink's face. I did not outline her eyes but I did do her nose, lips and hair. I am proud of how well it came out. I love the bright colors in it. I forgot to take a picture but I added an iron-on sequin star to the back of the bodice.

2 MORE WEEKS TO GO!

For those of you looking, K Mart also carries the princess pillowcases. For various reasons, I prefer not to shop at Wally World so I was thrilled to see the pillowcases at K Mart as well.

DD has been showing a preference for Tinkerbell lately, she has the princess dress-up trunk and she likes to wear the Tink skirt and wings all the time. Here is what I made with the Tink Pillowcase.
th_tinkdress004.jpg

th_tinkdress001.jpg

th_tinkdress002.jpg

I can't tell you how much the appliqué presser foot helped with the letters and Tink's face. I did not outline her eyes but I did do her nose, lips and hair. I am proud of how well it came out. I love the bright colors in it. I forgot to take a picture but I added an iron-on sequin star to the back of the bodice.

2 MORE WEEKS TO GO!

Stacey, that turned out so cute!!! I love it, and great job on the applique! I also love your using the "fancy" stitch on your topstitching. I'd never thought of that.

I have been absent on the thread lately, so today I decided to read back some and I saw this:

WOW!!! WHAT A COINCIDENCE!!! ME TOO!!!!!! :

WHOAH!! How weird is that?!
Can I just say, you two are dorks! And you cracky me up! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

Does it have Aurora on it? I can't tell. It's GORGEOUS!
I love all the fabric hunts for Giselle's dress & can't wait to see all the creations! When I saw it in the movie, I thought that'd be a pretty nightgown (Yep, like if I was a size 2, not a 10!!! That actress is so beautifully thin!)
She may be thin, but she has WRINKLES! I couldn't believe they showed her wrinkles in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter