Kira has been found!!!

rae519

<font color=6666CC>DIS Veteran<br><font color=CC00
I know this actually doesn't belong here and I am sorry to use this forum to make the announcement, but I am so grateful to everyone for their prayers, notes of encouragement and good thoughts -

Kira, my inside dog, broke the hook off her outside chain and took off on Thursday night at 8PM - we and our neighbor/dentist and his family were all over the area looking for her. Spent most of Friday looking and calling everywhere for her to no avail.

Finally, nearly 24 hours later, we got a call that a lady saw her hit by a truck and car on the highway and she stopped to pick her up.
She saw the tags and called! God bless her!

By the grace of God, Kira is NOT hurt at all and with the exception of being tired, hungry, thirsty and very, very dirty - she is okay!
The woman kept saying she didn't want a reward, but I forced her to take it - what a wonderful person to stop for an injured animal. (Shades of "Annie" - I guess what goes around does come around!!!! At least in my case!)

Well, dear DIS family friends - thank you so much for your support during this horrible time for us.

Rae

Rae,

I'm so happy for you and Kira! Glad to her she's OK. We have a dog too, and she's definately part of the family, we'd be just lost without her.

Thank goodness for Angels, Kira was certainly found by one! :)

Tina

We are rejoicing with you Rae on Kira's safe return!!!

For the "Cruise Forum Folks," I know we bust on one another from time to time, all in good humor mind you.

But not this time, this is a serious note, I know Rae would not mind me sharing this, and I feel I must. It was nine years ago this weekend that Rae's beloved daughter Kayla was killed in an automobile accident, being the father who has buried two of his own children, please keep Rae and her family in your thoughts and prayers this weekend. The anniversary date of losing a child can be quite difficult. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!!

You two are amazing. I can't imagine the pain you have been through. You both are in my thoughts and prayers. Having woke up today with a "chip" makes me realize to get moving and quit worrying about the stuff that is trivial and meaningless.

Thanks for the "kick in the pants"! I need it!

Jenny

Thanks for the "kick in the pants"! I need it!

:wave:Jenny,

Yea, we all need a good swift kick in the pants evey now and then. I need one this morning to get outside and get my lawn cut, I'm having one of those lazyitis days, as I call them!!! LOL!!! I just can't get motivated this morning.

Rae,
So glad you found Kira...no doubt your Special Angel had a little something to do with that!!

I hope you find peace and know love this weekend.

God Bless,
Michele

Oh my goodness, Rae! I had NO idea Kira got away! I am SO relieved for you and your family that she is back in your home again. Give her some extra kisses and treats and a little kiss kiss from MeiMei & Star. MeiMei & Star also send some extra kisses your way to help with this difficult weekend.

Thank goodness there are some wonderful people who would stop like that. I guess those that hit her didn't bother. It's a small miracle that she was unharmed after all that. Now you can get back to getting ready for the Aug 2 cruise. Beth

That's WONDERFUL news, Rae! :sunny:

{{{HUGS}}} to you this weekend.

rae......verandah......and all of the many other friends I have made since joining these boards in January of this year. My reason for joining was to express my dissatisfaction with the way our cancelled Nov. 30 cruise was handled. If I remember correctly.....rae, you were one of the first to reply to my "unhappy post" telling me that there were a lot less fortunate people out there with many more problems and that I should stop the complaining. I took those words to heart and did look at it in a different light. Yes, I am able to kiss my two DD's 13 and11 good night every night and sometimes we ALL take those things for granted. Even though we have never met I do consider you a friend and feel for you in your grief. Our prayers are with you and our support as always will be there. Thanks for showing me that the glass can be considered half full. Ron

That is really, really great news Rae!

I don't think I'd be able to handle my puppies being lost ... gosh no! I'd be a wreck.

Really glad you got her back!

Yeah Kira was found. Give her kisses and hugs, we have to dogs and I wouldnt know what to do if something happened to them. Our prayers are with you and see you Aug 2.

Rae,

I was thrilled to read your post that Kira was found and unharmed at that!! Thank God for the little miracles he performs each day. I understand that this is a difficult weekend for you, and I wanted you to know that I will pray for added strength for you and your family during this sad time.

God Bless
Anita

P.S.
I'm looking forward to meeting you on the August 2nd cruise!!!!

Wow! What great news! It couldn't happen to a nicer family! See you all soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rae,
Hadn't heard about Kira but glad she is okay. It's so nerveracking when a furry kid gets loose, but I'm so happy she is okay.
Lynn

Thanks everyone about celebrating my "furry kid's" safe return home. What an incredibly wonderful woman who returned her to us. I was so excited to see Kira - I don't even remember her name!

Andy, thanks for your kind words about Kayla's passing 9 years ago. It's was wonderful to have her for those 7 years but seems forever that she's been gone. But I refuse to dwell on her death, but will continue to rejoyce for her life and the part I had to play in it. As you and Hazel have gone on through your sadness, we will make it through this time also.

Yes, lampskies - I was a bit "rough" with you and IMGTD, but facts are - you did take that better route and have realized that there are so many, many more things to be upset/worried/or sad about than a missed vacation. And it's been a pleasure reading your postings and positive comments since that time!

We are only human, dear friends - we feel pain, sorry, disappointment but also joy, elation and wonderful, wonderful hope - please keep those things in your heart and live the life you were meant to live fully!

Much love to all,
Rae

Rae and Andy,
Thanks for the positive outlook you always bring to this board.
My thoughts and prayers to you and your families.
May God grant you continued strength and faith.
God Bless ^i^

Originally posted by 4nana
Rae and Andy,
Thanks for the positive outlook you always bring to this board.
My thoughts and prayers to you and your families.
May God grant you continued strength and faith.
God Bless ^i^

Thanks 4nana,

It's been an emotional weekend all the way around. Was busy working on a surprise for some upcoming cruisers and was going through some of my photo albums, when I came across this photo of my second daughter BJ and myself. This photo was taken the night before BJ passed away in 1989. It was just a few days after Mother's Day that year. I am just so very thankful for my wife's sake that she didn't pass away before Mother's Day. Sixteen months after BJ's passing, a baby girl was born in Oaxaca, Mexico. Seven months after her birth, we were able to bring this baby girl HOME to AMERICA, she will soon be turning 13 years old, and has talked her dad into going parasailing with her on our cruise next month, lucky me!!!

Daddy holding Barbara Jean (BJ) for the last time before she passed away in 1989.
62Photos_from_old_computer_143.jpg

Andy - we've shared our stories with eachother and now with our Disboard friends - there is nothing as challenging as the loss of a child - and nothing more rewarding than to be able to rise from the ashes (like the legendary Phoenix) and be able to say, "I can accept this and still love, honor and trust my Lord God!"

For whatever reason, we and many, many other parents have lost their children (stillborn to adult), we seek no accolades to our strength because our strength comes from our faith - and faith is believing in something/someone we haven't seen.

Thank you 4nana for your very kind and uplifting words. I know you had a very rough time with your reunion vacation but always seem to be a very positive person yourself!

I think the secret of life is to keep living when you only have one lifeline available to you.....and that's one that's a bit unclear/uncertain.

If not for God, I don't know how I could have ever gotten this far and I believe I also speak for Andy and Hazel in my sentiments.

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter