Korker Ribbon Barettes?

Thanks for the info! i'm slowly getting the hang of gathering them, but i think it's tougher for me b/c i use shorter pieces since it's for a toddler head...hahah! oh well i'm getting there :)

Here is any easy way to stack your korkers to make it easier to gather
Use these L brackets
STEP8.jpg

Stack ribbon inbetween
bottomrow.jpg

I used the website korkersandmore.com that is also where I got these pictures from. Here is my DD in her korkers
47b6ce11b3127cce8e7aeebe45860000002.jpg

Thanks for the info! i'm slowly getting the hang of gathering them, but i think it's tougher for me b/c i use shorter pieces since it's for a toddler head...hahah! oh well i'm getting there :)

I have done a lot of that size and they are not as hard gathering 40 korkers for a bow, but because they korker ribbon is shorter it can be tough! I wish I had a picture of the thingy my friend has-the wood piece is a platform and the nails keep the korkers in place in a neat little pile, like a loose vice that you don't tighten, but holds them all in-and can be used for any sized korker. What I do-Lay out you stretchy cord first, lay korkers all on top of it in mixed patterns , then quickly pull it all together and knot. Is that how you do it?
I think the one above looks great!
It is just something that takes doing it a bunch of times to get it how you like it. I LOVE the Mickey in the middle!

I used to have 3 different sizes-for selling them purposes-an 8-10 korker, for little ones(on an alligator clip), a 30 on a medium barrette and a 40 on a larger barrette(not the great big ones, maybe a couple steps down). Then I did the spirit ribbons-2-4 korkers with a mix of other patterns and widths of straight ribbon-all on a ponytail elastic. I have tried different types of ribbon and I will tell you now- DON'T cook the chiffon-y kind- you may keel over from he fumes it gives off. My DD9 used to have leukemia and all I could think was about her and not wanting to give her a different type of cancer! Not that it would, I am just extra sensitive to that kind of stuff- but seriously, it gives off a strong smell that scared me! It smelled like formaldehide(sp??). I was making DD's some bows for Easter in a white satin with chiffon edging-real big white fluffy ones!
But the grograin and satin ribbon do fine!

Good luck and have fun! I have this HUGE rubbermaid bin of ribbon I am thinking about parting with(sell)-but as soon as I do, I know I'd have some project that I needed it for -or would want to get back into making them!

Lori

I have done a lot of that size and they are not as hard gathering 40 korkers for a bow, but because they korker ribbon is shorter it can be tough! I wish I had a picture of the thingy my friend has-the wood piece is a platform and the nails keep the korkers in place in a neat little pile, like a loose vice that you don't tighten, but holds them all in-and can be used for any sized korker. What I do-Lay out you stretchy cord first, lay korkers all on top of it in mixed patterns , then quickly pull it all together and knot. Is that how you do it?
I think the one above looks great!
It is just something that takes doing it a bunch of times to get it how you like it. I LOVE the Mickey in the middle!

aww thanks! Yes that is how i do them, i lay my chord down first. I think like you said it just takes time ::yes::

I'm planning on going to get paint some time and put her initial in the middle of the mickey head :)

I used to have 3 different sizes-for selling them purposes-an 8-10 korker, for little ones(on an alligator clip), a 30 on a medium barrette and a 40 on a larger barrette(not the great big ones, maybe a couple steps down). Then I did the spirit ribbons-2-4 korkers with a mix of other patterns and widths of straight ribbon-all on a ponytail elastic. I have tried different types of ribbon and I will tell you now- DON'T cook the chiffon-y kind- you may keel over from he fumes it gives off. My DD9 used to have leukemia and all I could think was about her and not wanting to give her a different type of cancer! Not that it would, I am just extra sensitive to that kind of stuff- but seriously, it gives off a strong smell that scared me! It smelled like formaldehide(sp??). I was making DD's some bows for Easter in a white satin with chiffon edging-real big white fluffy ones!
But the grograin and satin ribbon do fine!

OMG! that would have driven me crazy! Esp. now that i'm pregnant and little smelly thing really bothers me!!
Good luck and have fun! I have this HUGE rubbermaid bin of ribbon I am thinking about parting with(sell)-but as soon as I do, I know I'd have some project that I needed it for -or would want to get back into making them!

Lori

thanks again!

I know what you mean, i have loooads of beads and stuff for my business and after awhile i get rid of some and go figure as soon as i get rid of it, i need to go out and buy something similar :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

THIS is pretty much exactly what she has-but it is nailed to a piece of wood! AWESOME!!
BTW-I LOVE the Mickey dress- did you make it??
I made some bows with Cinderella, Ariel, Mickey and Minnie for our last trips to WDW-My kids are older and are not crazy over the korkers unless they are in a spirit ribbon.

Thank you for those pictures!!

Here is any easy way to stack your korkers to make it easier to gather
Use these L brackets
STEP8.jpg

Stack ribbon inbetween
bottomrow.jpg

I used the website korkersandmore.com that is also where I got these pictures from. Here is my DD in her korkers
47b6ce11b3127cce8e7aeebe45860000002.jpg

THIS is pretty much exactly what she has-but it is nailed to a piece of wood! AWESOME!!
BTW-I LOVE the Mickey dress- did you make it??
I made some bows with Cinderella, Ariel, Mickey and Minnie for our last trips to WDW-My kids are older and are not crazy over the korkers unless they are in a spirit ribbon.

Thank you for those pictures!!
I didn't make the Mickey dress, I can bearly sew a button! LOL, but Thankfully my mother can sew and I have great ideas to have her sew. This dress is a pillowcase dress made from a sheet set Disney sold last year, Mickey Loved it!

I actually screwed my L brackets to a piece of wood, too, but now I have to carry around a bulky piece of wood!

Thank you, everyone!

I made my first ones today. I made a few big mistakes like removing all of the clothespins and then deciding they needed to go back in the oven for a few more minutes. It was also my first time using the fray check. I'd have to say I went a little too hot on the hot tap water since the stuff came flying out of the end of the tube when I tipped it over. :eek:

I did hammer some nails into some scrap wood we have to make a korker holder. Dang those little things can escape like mad! :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

I went super simple and tied them onto ponytail holders. They certainly aren't going to win any prizes, but DD (age 8) likes them. Actually she put one together herself!

I bought some Minnie colors ribbon so we will have to try those next.

Just wanted to share a quick time saving tip for those of you making Korker bows..If you cut your pieces of ribbon with a woodburning tool it will seal the ends so they won't fray. I turned a glass pyrex baking dish upside down, marked the length i wanted to cut them to (i prefered 3") with perm marker underneath the glass for a guide, then just cut the ribbon with the woodburning tool on that. If your making a bunch it really helps get through them quickly. But BE CAREFUL!!! Those tools get crazy hot!
I also used a 3" or 4" sqare box (either cardboard or those plaid papermache ones you get at the craft store). I cut two slits on each side all the way down so I could lay the elastic down through it, then I stacked the ribbons inside the box. Kept those little critters in place!
Hope that helps someone! :thumbsup2

I have bowmaking instructions that a friend sent to me. They are for different types of bows, including the corkers. You'll need Adobe Reader to open it. I would be more than happy to send it to you if you want. (it has pics to help you see how to do it too)

could you please send this to me as well??? thanks!

keeperkatie@yahoo.com

Thanks!

I have bowmaking instructions that a friend sent to me. They are for different types of bows, including the corkers. You'll need Adobe Reader to open it. I would be more than happy to send it to you if you want. (it has pics to help you see how to do it too)

I'm chiming in rather late.....but would love to have this email also, if you don't mind. :)

Please email to biszemom@aol.com

Thanks!
Melissa

I'm chiming in rather late.....but would love to have this email also, if you don't mind. :)

Please email to biszemom@aol.com

Thanks!
Melissa

Could I have them too, please?

snooples@verizon.net

Ktturner, milouster, and snooples... just sent the instructions. Sorry it took me so long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter