La Hacienda or San Angel Inn?

This is exactly what we are doing next month...I have an Hacienda ADR for Feb 6th at 7:45.....Hoping for a window table...If so may order an extra Margarita and dessert.....If not we will finish up and step outside...Great minds think alike!! LOL:goodvibes

:thumbsup2

Haven't eaten at La Hacienda yet, but we had a great experience at San Angel Inn last year.:thumbsup2 The food was so delicious (I highly recommend the Pollo a la Rajas!) and we got a seat right by the water and the ambiance was awesome as well.

We are eating at La Hacienda on our upcoming trip just to try something new. But we would not hesitate to return to San Angel Inn!

I did La Hacienda a few weeks ago for the Candlelight Processional package. There were three adults and one three year old child, and we were all pleased with our food. I really liked the decor of the restaurant, I thought it was pretty, and the windows had great views of the World Showcase. I tried the short ribs as my entree and thought it was good enough, but my sister and her boyfriend shared this mixed grill that had several kinds of meats and veggies, and it was amazing. The way the corn was cooked was especially delicious.

I haven't tried San Angel yet, but I would definitely recommend La Hacienda.

We ate here in November '14. Let me tell you...our most FAVORITE meal of our entire trip at San Angel. We had dinner here and had wished we booked it twice. Even my picky kids enjoyed the meal. We also had the best service here. I had the chicken something lol. So good. We will be back here for sure! Also, love the atmosphere here with the volcano.

never eaten at either (generally avoid eating italian and mexican at Disney and look for something unlike we do at home because those are our two standard go-to meal styles at home) but based on atmosphere, I'd do San Angel...the seating along the water reminds me of Casa Rio down in San Antonio, and would be fun.

We have eaten at both numerous times. No matter which you pick, I think you will be happy. The ambiance at San Angel is fantastic, unlike any other place I have seen, the inside of the Mexican pavilion is just so beautiful. I like the food at La Hacienda better. If you get a good table, you will have a nice view of the lake. The first time I ate there, we were in a room with no special view and I pretty much just had a view of other tables and a wall, but we liked the food enough that we chose to eat there the night of our (morning) Disney Wedding, that was our number one choice of all the EPCOT restaurants. Oh, and my husband doesn't really like Mexican food, be he says they have ones of the best Tilapia dishes he has ever had.

We are eating at San Angel next month...and I can't do spicy...do they have entrees that are not spicy, like their fish entrees???

I can only do very mildly spicy food....what do they have at San Angel that is not real spicy or not spicy at all? How about the seafood entrees???

As others have said, I think you'll be happy either way you go. I used to avoid San Angel Inn, but it seems that in the past several years they have really upped their game. We usually go for lunch, and have been very pleased with the food, service, and atmosphere.

We tried Hacienda for the first time this last trip, and were very impressed. The service was probably the best we have ever had anywhere in WDW. Could not have asked for a better waiter. I had the short ribs, and they were excellent. After having them there, I don't think I will ever order them at Citricos again - Hacienda beat them hands down.

Whatever you decide on, enjoy!

We ate at San Angel Inn last week and loved it!! I'm not a fan of Mexican food but hubby is and I love the ambiance so I went with it. I was very pleasantly surprised - it was one of our top meals of the trip :)

I think the food at LaHacienda is much better. In my opinion, the food at San Angel Inn is nothing special. The atmosphere is nice at both, but San Angel Inn is pretty dark.

I've eaten at both and liked both. I don't think you can go wrong at either one. I liked the general atmosphere at San Angel Inn but we were shoved in a tiny corner right by the check in as far from the water as you could get. La Hacienda was definitely calmer. It could also have been the timing of our reservations. If I had to pick one I would probably choose San Angel Inn because I enjoyed my entree and margarita slightly more. I think I had the blood orange one?

My girlfriend and I are Mexican food junkies and ate at San Angel last year. As others have stated, the restaurant is like no other in Epcot. The minute you walk in you feel like you're in a Mexican village. We both had the Traditional Mexican Dinner. It's a three course meal and is covered under the Dining Plan.

But...this year we are torn between Hacienda and San Angel. We loved San Angel but thought about trying Hacienda...we are torn and unsure which is the better choice. Same boat as you! :confused3

I think the subtle difference is expectations...there are many regions of Mexico and they all have differently influenced cuisine. I think they are trying to pull the two places apart identity wise- like we would restraints that feature northern vs southern italian fare instead of a hodge podge.

We've eaten at both and enjoyed.

I can't do spicy...does San Angel have items that are more "bland", tasty but not spicy? Like the seafood options ???

Being from Arizona originally, I much prefer La Hacienda. I just find the food more fresh, the flavor is better and I like the atmosphere as well. We had a great table by the window for Illuminations.

My DH and I love the Del Mar Platter for 2. :)

Their corn soup is amazing too!!!

I can't do spicy...does San Angel have items that are more "bland", tasty but not spicy? Like the seafood options ???

I don't like spicy food, either, and my dinner wasn't spicy at all (I had the carne asada) - DH had the traditional Mexican dinner thing and I tried a few things (we share) and don't remember the things I tried being spicy either. Our boys had the cheese quesadillas and the chicken tacos - also not spicy. The chips and salsa had a little kick, but obviously to be expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter