LA Times - Universal Plans

DVC-Landbaron

What Would Walt Do?
Just thought you'd like this LA Times article. There are some jabs at Disney that should start some conversation as well as an assertion that Universal is now the top dog of innovation and creativity.

What do think?

DVC, I must have read a different article from you, because It sounded to me like Universal's doing the same thing Disney was. Slowing down expansion, no more E-Tickets for the forseeable future, Partnering with other companies to avoid the financial burden. Plus, I didn't see too many cracks at Disney, just statements that they're doing the same and learning from the DCA mistake.

There really aren't any jabs at Disney that I see, other than the brief mention of DCA issues. It seems very much to suggest that much like Disney, Universal will not be adding any big E-tickets, but mostly of the shelf, spinning,flat rides. You know, the things that apparently from the posts on these boards, are the bane of all theme parks everywhere. The one quote about Universal being the technical leader is from someone from Landmark, one of Universal's largest contractors. That's like asking one of McDonalds' largest cattle ranchers who has the best burgers.

I think this article is just saying that Universal isn't going to add any more theme parks until they do a full evaluation of their two newest parks.

Mousekateer55 is right. There are still some projects on the board especially for IOA that will come thru in the next couple years. As for expantion none is need in Japan seeing how they built a complete theme park. In Hollywood it is impossible seeing how limited space is. The only other place to expand is Porta Aventura and Orlando escape which they will be doing. They are not putting in Venkoma Coasters or A Spiderman like attractions but additions will be made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter