• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler: Mardi Gras with the Mouse! Feb 2016 TR **NEW 11/25 *NEW TR LINK

khertz

DIS Veteran
Laissez Le Bon Temp Rouler: Mardi Gras with the Mouse!

Grab somebody, come on down
Bring your paintbrush, we're paintin' the town
Honey, there's some sweetness goin' 'round
Catch it down in New Orleans

Hello, everyone, and welcome to yet another TR by yours truly! I have been reading & writing TRs on the DIS for years now, and it has become one of my favorite ways to relive our trips after they are over. Hopefully you will join along with me as I relive this one!

First up, let’s introduce ourselves for those who may not know who we are. We are a Disney loving family of 4 who are using our WDW Annual Passports for the 3rd of 6 planned trips over the life of the pass! However, we are no strangers to Disney parks…

I’m your narrator for this TR, khertz. When I’m not busy being wife, mom of 2, and a pediatric oncology RN, I love to plan and dream about future Disney trips! This trip marked my 15th to WDW, and I have also been lucky enough to visit Disneyland 3 times and Disneyland Paris once. My Disney favorites include Rapunzel, Splash Mountain, Rock n Roller Coaster, the Peoplemover, and Mickey Bars. This is representative of how I looked for 99% of this trip...

DH is my partner in crime & best friend, as well as a wonderful dad to our 2 rugrats! He works in the oil field to help fund our Disney habit, and is the primary photographer on our trips. He has 14 trips to WDW, 4 to Disneyland, and 1 to Disneyland Paris under his belt. His favorite character is Donald Duck, and he also enjoys the Tiki Room, Big Thunder Mountain, Dole Whips, and nighttime photography in the parks.

DS is 5 years old and has been a Disney nut since birth! We have raised him right ;) He’s a hard working Pre-K student who loves to play and talk about all of the things we are going to do on our Disney trips! This trip was his 7th to WDW, and he has also been to Disneyland twice. He loves Lightning McQueen, Test Track, Mickey Mouse, and has a newfound love for Dinosaur, which he finally tried on this trip.

Feb 02-034
by disneymom1024, on Flickr

Rounding out our family is DD. She is now 10 months old, but was 6 months at the time of this trip, and this was her 3rd trip to WDW! Plus one trip to DL in utero last year. She is a happy, bubbly baby who did very well going with the flow on this trip, though she was quite a bit more interested in her surroundings which made meal times…interesting. She enjoys babbling, chewing on her teethers, and making lots of loud noises.

This trip was pretty special for us because not only were we going again, we were going with family! A couple of years ago, my uncle and his wife & kids took their first trip to WDW. We overlapped with them by a day but didn’t really see them at all in the parks. They had so much fun that when they got home, we immediately started talking about taking a trip together! I got my love of Disney from my parents, so they were in, and so was my sister. We tried recruiting other family members, but no one was interested. I’m not sure how I’m even related to those kinds of people! Lol So here’s a quick intro to them.

First, some familiar faces. My parents and sister have traveled with us in the past and appeared in TRs for those trips. My parents are Kathy & Paul, but are mostly referred to as Nonni & Poppi now that DS has some say over it. My sister Katie decided to come along, and brought her friend Rebecca so she would have someone to have late night fun at the parks and drinking at Disney Springs with!

STUDIO_SUNSET3_381720287934
(Katie is in the middle, Rebecca on the end)
Then, there’s my uncle David, his wife Jessica, and their three kids, Skylar (11), Sawyer (7), and Stryder (turned 4 just days before the trip).

My uncle is only 8 years older than me, so we have always been very close, and I love that since my sister is likely a long way away from having kids of her own and giving DS cousins to play with, he is instead growing up with my cousins in his age range.

Now for a quick rundown of the basics:

WHEN: February 6th-14th over the kids’ Mardi Gras break from school.

WHERE: DH and I decided to delve into new territory and rent DVC points! I was put in contact with a gentleman that we rented from and he was able to get us a 1 bedroom standard view at Animal Kingdom Villas in Jambo House. David & Jessica were also renting DVC points from friends of theirs to stay at a 1 bedroom villa at Wilderness Lodge. My parents and sister stayed offsite at Windsor Hills. At the end of the trip, the 4 of us moved over to Universal’s Royal Pacific Resort for two nights as well.

WHAT: For our family of 4, we spent 6 days at Disney World and 2 days at Universal Orlando using the APs we got last year for both resorts. David & Jessica spent their entire week at Disney World, and my parents and sister joined us for our Disney days and 1 day at Universal.

WHY: This trip was kind of a bonus for us just because we had already planned our October 2015 trip when the family started kicking around the idea for this one. But who are we to turn down a trip to Disney?! There’s always a reason to go!

So, come on and Let the Good Times Roll!!

Last edited:
Links

Friday February 5th

Day 0: We Need Some Disney Magic!

Saturday February 6th

Day 1 Part 1: Welcome Home!
Day 1 Part 2: Fear the Yeti

Day 1 Part 3: Let's Go On Safari
Day 1 Part 4: Jambo!

Sunday February 7th

Day 2 Part 1: She's Not For Trade!
Day 2 Part 2: Design a Droid
Day 2 Part 3: What Kind of Foolishness Would You Like to See?

Day 2 Part 4: Away We Go!
Day 2 Part 5: It's a Festival of Fantasy!

Day 2 Part 6: Adventure on the High Seas
Day 2 Part 7: Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue

Monday February 8th

Day 3 Part 1: Puppy Kisses!
Day 3 Part 2: Ba La La La La La La

Day 3 Part 3: Need For Speed
Day 3 Part 4: Via Napoli
Day 3 Part 5: Look Out, Here Comes the Lion Guard
Day 3 Part 6:
Evasive Maneuver!

Tuesday February 9th

Day 4 Part 1: Happy Mardi Gras, Y'all!
Day 4 Part 2: Friendship Day Celebrashun
Day 4 Part 3: Good Morning, Tomorrowland
Day 4 Part 4: The Kingdom of Corona
Day 4 Part 5: Mickey's Philharmagic
Day 4 Part 6: Surprising Belle
Day 4 Part 7: Lights, Motors, Action!
Day 4 Part 8: A Journey Into the Movies
Day 4 Part 9: Some Imagination, Huh?

Wednesday February 10th
Day 5 Part 1: Rootin' Tootin' Shootin'
Day 5 Part 2: Is This a Carry On Item?

Day 5 Part 3: People Mover & Pirates
Day 5 Part 4: In the Hundred Acre Wood
Day 5 Part 5: Date Night I
Day 5 Part 6: Date Night II

Thursday February 11th
Day 6 Part 1: Shortest Welcome Show EVER!
Day 6 Part 2: Try the Gray Stuff, It's Delicious

Day 6 Part 3: Royalty of Arendelle
Day 6 Part 4: Animal Kingdom Antics

Friday February 12th
Day 7 Part 1: Taking the Forbidden Journey
Day 7 Part 2: Marvel Mania

Day 7 Part 3: NEST Personnel Only
Day 7 Part 4: The Wand Chooses the Wizard

Saturday February 13th
Day 8 Part 1: Escape From Gringotts!

Day 8 Part 2: Seuss-tacular Fun
Day 8 Part 3: Dino DNA
Day 8 Part 4: The Tales of Beedle the Bard
Day 8 Part 5: So Long, Farewell

Wrap Up

Last edited:
Day 0: Friday February 5th

I will preface this by saying the weeks leading up to this trip were very trying, so I was not as excited about the trip as I could have and should have been. It started a few weeks before we left when DD came down with RSV, which she promptly gave to me, and it took me nearly 2 weeks to fully overcome the symptoms. The weekend before the trip a stomach virus ripped through the household, thankfully sparing DD, but it got the rest of us pretty good. And just days before we were set to leave, our water softener in our garage busted in the middle of the night after the company had come out for yearly maintenance and done an “upgrade” (HA!) that caused half of our house to flood and ruined our hardwood floors. So we were dealing with insurance adjusters, clean up companies with loud fans and dehumidifiers in the house, and our home being a general disaster as we were trying to pack for this trip and not forget anything. As @Dugette put it when I posted about it on Facebook, we were definitely in need of some Disney Magic right about then!!

This is a picture of all of the fans being loaded up that morning.

IMG_0611

So this will be pretty much all text, just because things were so hectic, we didn’t really have time to even take out our phones to snap a quick picture. Everything was moving so quickly, that was the last thing on anyone’s mind!

This trip started off somewhat different than usual. Typically, we fly direct on Southwest out of New Orleans, which is a 2 hour drive away, because the price and the convenience of flying direct is worth the travel time to get there. However, this trip with it being Mardi Gras week, the prices were INSANE. Like $600 per person round trip kind of insane. So we started looking into other options and I just kept hoping we wouldn’t have to resort to driving again.

One option that came up in our search was to fly out of Houston. This is what we ultimately ended up doing, but I was so nervous about it. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 8 pm and land at 11 pm Orlando time. Because we pulled DS out of school for a week in October, I didn’t really want him to miss Friday at school. DH and I took the day off to stay home and finish packing. We had a very tight window between picking DS up from school and getting to Hobby Airport in Houston in time for our flight. Everything had to be timed perfectly!

DS’s school lets out around 2:15, so we made sure we had showered and were ready to go by a little after 1 so that we could drive over to school to wait for him to get out and I could feed DD so that she could last the whole long car ride to Houston without having to stop to eat. Once DS was out of school, he changed clothes in the bathroom and we hit the road for Houston. Without traffic, it’s a 3 hour 45 minute drive so we didn’t have too much wiggle room.

Halfway there, DH got me in a near panic when he told me he had forgotten to bring a copy of DD’s birth certificate! Southwest is VERY strict that you have to show proof of age if bringing a lap child, even if she is clearly under 2 years old. I was so worried they wouldn’t let us on the flight without buying her a seat, which we could do if necessary, but what if there were no seats available?? I called around in a panic to see if someone could at least go to our house to take a picture and send it to us, not even sure if that would work. DH ended up finding a copy on his phone due to him having emailed it to himself to print at work. I called Southwest and they said that should be acceptable.

We were making great time until we hit Houston and the traffic started to build up. It was agonizing to crawl along on the highway trying to get to the offsite parking lot we had reserved in advance. We had used PreFlight Airport Parking on a recommendation from a friend. Finally we arrived there and parked on the roof and hustled downstairs with all of our stuff to catch a shuttle to the airport. We checked in quickly, and thankfully the phone photo of the birth certificate was accepted. The agent we talked to just recommended that we print a copy before our return flight.

We had only a little over an hour now to get through security and to our gate, plus we were hoping to have dinner before getting on the plane. We must have had the stress showing on our faces, because a lady who works for the airport (I think mostly helping disabled travelers because I saw several people in the same uniform doing just that) saw us, asked where we were headed, took our carry ons from DH, and said she would help us skip the line at security. She was Heaven-sent at that moment!! She indeed brought us to a shorter security line by flashing her badge and helped us get all through, then walked us down to our gate. It was amazing! Once at the gate, DH and DS ran over to the Wendy’s we had passed on the way while I stayed behind with our stuff and fed DD.

IMG_0616

IMG_0617

Just as we finished eating, it was time to start boarding. We had been told at the gate there was one open seat, so we crossed our fingers that maybe DD could be in a seat for free. We all boarded with family boarding and went to the very back row. The flight attendant told us we could put the car seat in one of the seats for DD and that they would just let us know if they needed it for another passenger. Turned out they didn’t! So I sat on one side in between the two kids with DD in her car seat and DH took the aisle seat across from us.

DD slept the entire flight, and DS did well playing on his iPad, though he did start getting sleepy by the end of the flight. It was only about 2 hours before we were landing in Orlando.

We picked up our rental car quickly enough and got a little turned around leaving the airport, but made it to our hotel for the night fairly quickly as well. We chose the Country Inn & Suites because it was very close to the airport and a decent price for a pretty large room. We just wanted to get somewhere quickly and get right to bed since it was after midnight!

It was a decent enough hotel, and it didn't take too long to get the Pack & Play from the front desk so we could all get to bed.

UP NEXT: Welcome Home!

Yay for another trip report! I can't wait to read all about this trip!
It sounds like you guys really needed some Disney time with everything going on in your house.
I'm glad you made it to the airport and on the plane without anything going wrong. How nice to hear about such positive customer service at the airport!

I'm in! I'm enjoying reading your October trip report. Glad you made your flight on time and that there was someone looking out for you. What a stressful time in the run up - things always go wrong in the house or with the cars when you least need it. Hopefully all the sickness bugs were out your systems for the trip. I'm sure you had a fantastic time!

I'm here and following along! A big family trip sounds like so much fun! Excited to read all about your adventures!

What a stressful few weeks! Sickness all around and house issue are a pain anytime, but especially when you're trying to also prep for a big trip. Glad the drive worked out well and you found a little helper in the airport to move things along quickly!

Yay for another trip report! I can't wait to read all about this trip!
It sounds like you guys really needed some Disney time with everything going on in your house.
I'm glad you made it to the airport and on the plane without anything going wrong. How nice to hear about such positive customer service at the airport!

Glad to see you!!

It was a welcome relief to finally be at Disney. It had been nothing but stress leading up to our departure, so it was nice to finally have some time not to worry about the stuff going on with the house for a change!

I have never seen assistance like that before at the airport, but it was so nice that they had it and that the lady singled us out to help us! It made the rest of the time getting through the airport so much smoother and less stressful.

I'm in! I'm enjoying reading your October trip report. Glad you made your flight on time and that there was someone looking out for you. What a stressful time in the run up - things always go wrong in the house or with the cars when you least need it. Hopefully all the sickness bugs were out your systems for the trip. I'm sure you had a fantastic time!

Welcome!!

I'd about had it with someone always being sick and then the ruined floors. I was more than ready to get away from all of that for awhile! The only blessing to it being a water softener problem was that we didn't have to foot the bill to have the floors replaced.

I'm here and following along! A big family trip sounds like so much fun! Excited to read all about your adventures!

What a stressful few weeks! Sickness all around and house issue are a pain anytime, but especially when you're trying to also prep for a big trip. Glad the drive worked out well and you found a little helper in the airport to move things along quickly!

It was so fun to do Disney with some new faces! We love my aunt & uncle and their kids, so going to Disney together was a no-brainer. And DS loved having other kids to have fun with.

I had a really hard time getting excited about this trip because it was just one thing after another leading up to it. But it turned out to be just what we needed in the midst of all the chaos.

Welcome!

Day 1: Saturday February 6th

Saturday morning, we had no alarms set just because we had gotten in so late the night before. However, we didn’t really sleep in anyway and were up at 6:30. It took us awhile to get things repacked and reorganized from the night before, and we had some breakfast from downstairs. Around 8:30 is when we were ready to check out and head to Animal Kingdom Villas to check in. I was so excited to check it out because we had never even been there to visit!

So all of these will be crappy iPhone pics, but it was the only thing I had out while we were trying to get the kids in, check in, leave our bags with bell services, etc.

We pulled up to the porte cochere and were able to unload our luggage to leave with bell services until our room was ready. Then we were directed over to the short term parking lot so that we could go inside and check in.

Untitled
Walking in

Untitled
Welcome Home!

Untitled

Courtney (@courtneybelle) had finished her CP but had decided to stay working for Disney and had been moved to AKL working the check in desk. She had messaged me a couple of days before to let me know she would actually be working the morning we checked in. So we arrive at the resort and go inside…and Courtney is not only at the desk, but she is open! We walked right up and she started our check in process.

About 2 weeks or so before the trip, we had received a letter from the resort that there may be construction going on during the day. Worried about days we may take the kids back for a nap, I had contacted the DVC owner we had rented points from and he had been able to contact member services and have a request placed on our reservation for a room away from any construction noise. So when Courtney checked on our reservation, they had blocked a particular room for us away from the noise, and it wasn’t ready yet. We said we were fine to wait for it to be ready.

After doing all of the check in stuff necessary, Courtney checked around for some swag for the kids and gave DS a safari hat and DD a princess crown headband!

Untitled
DS showing off his hat and an AK map

After picking up our rented stroller from bell services (we had used Orlando Stroller Rentals again), we were ready to go back to the car and head to the parks! In the parking lot, we spotted this AMAZING Little Mermaid custom car.

Untitled

Untitled
Nice car, Shelbie!

I got some better pics of the kids with their gifts from Courtney.

Untitled
I find in this one, he looks less like he’s going on safari, and more like he’s going to do some gardening.

Untitled

And then it was time to head off to our first park of the trip. What better way to start off a trip where you’re staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge than by going right next door to Animal Kingdom?

First things first…some entrance photos!

Feb 01-001

Feb 01-002

We spotted a Photopass photographer just inside the park after the tapstiles, so since we weren’t in any kind of rush, we stopped once more for some photos.

Some adorable close-ups of DD..

And, we had time for a magic shot. We were all supposed to look at DS’s arm with an expression of surprise, but DD didn’t quite get the memo.

Our next stop was to pick up another Wilderness Explorer book since DS had forgotten his back with our luggage. Important things first!

Feb 01-003

And then, without having done a single thing, DD and I headed over to Baby Care for her to eat. I just have to say how much I love the setup here with the private nursing rooms. I may have gotten lucky, but I always found one to be available when I went. I’m sure that may be different at busier times of year or of the day. But it was nice being able to have room with all my junk to spread out, dim the lights, and have a changing table and rocking chair all in the same space.

While I was in there, I got a text from DH that he had just met someone who knew me! My first thought was Lauren (@Imagineer5 ) because I knew her and her DH were in AK that day for the Wild Africa Trek, but when I asked who it was, he said her name was Ellen and she worked at AK. It was @theworldneedscolor on her College Program! We interact more on Instagram, so when DH sent me this picture of her and DS, I sent it to her via direct message on there. She recognized DH and DS from my TRs and IG posts. I never did end up seeing her, although I looked around for her later in the day. From that moment on, DH said I was now a “minor Internet celebrity” and that nickname stuck, especially since it wasn’t the last time I was recognized this trip!!

Untitled

After that meet, DH and DS mainly spent the time waiting for DD and I walking around and earning Wilderness Explorer badges as they made their way towards Dinoland.

And why were they going to Dinoland? To dig for fossils in the Boneyard, of course!

Feb 01-016

Feb 01-017

I texted him once I was done with DD and said I would come find them over there. Apparently, DH spotted me from the bridge!

Feb 01-019

Once I had located DS inside the play area, DH went off to ride Everest. I decided to turn DD around in the carrier, and she was loving the view!

Untitled

After chasing him around the play area for a while, I got tired of looking for him as he disappeared up flights of stairs and down slides, so I wrangled him up and brought him over to the dig site where at least I could keep an eye on him easier.

Untitled
Continued in next post...

Day 1 Continued: Saturday February 6th
Meanwhile, DH was off to face the Yeti as he conquered Mt. Everest!

DH met up with us at the Boneyard, and we agreed to give DS a few more minutes to play before we’d be leaving to go get some lunch.

Feb 01-036

Feb 01-037

Feb 01-038

Feb 01-039
We stopped for a Wilderness Explorer badge about dinosaur fossils as we went over to Restaurantosaurus. Definitely couldn’t pass that one up with my dino loving DS!

Feb 01-040

Feb 01-041

Feb 01-042
UP NEXT: Let's Go On Safari!

It looks like your DS had so a blast on his Wilderness Explorer quest! I am in love with all of the adorable pictures of your DD smiling at the camera. She looks like such a princess in her crown and her diva moment not looking at the camera like the photographer requested made me laugh. She has that smile mastered!

Ah, Animal Kingdom Lodge! I LOVED our stay there so the pictures really make me miss it even more! We got the letter about soft good refurb too but didn't notice any noise.

Minor internet celebrity for sure! Already 2 DIS meets (or 1 semi meet and 1 real meet) and it's your first day! :rotfl:

I love those close up shots of DD! Too cute with her little teeth peeking out!

It seems like DS had a blast playing in the Boneyard. The boys could spend hours there!

Yay! You started the TR :) So cute, esp since Maya is 6 months now (almost 7!!) and that is Delilah's age during the trip, so I love to see the similarities.

and said she would help us skip the line at security.

What an awesome start to the trip (forgetting that long drive and traffic lol)

The flight attendant told us we could put the car seat in one of the seats for DD and that they would just let us know if they needed it for another passenger.

Yay how nice!!

After doing all of the check in stuff necessary, Courtney checked around for some swag for the kids and gave DS a safari hat and DD a princess crown headband!

Wow, you really had some awesome pixie dust during your travels to get to WDW. So cool.

Such a cutie!

Love this one too, and so cute to see the little teeth! Maya doesn't have any (Aria didn't get any until after 11m!!)

And then, without having done a single thing, DD and I headed over to Baby Care for her to eat. I just have to say how much I love the setup here with the private nursing rooms. I may have gotten lucky, but I always found one to be available when I went. I’m sure that may be different at busier times of year or of the day. But it was nice being able to have room with all my junk to spread out, dim the lights, and have a changing table and rocking chair all in the same space.

Funny, same trip/time of year as you and I always had to wait for a room at the BCC in AK!

While I was in there, I got a text from DH that he had just met someone who knew me! My first thought was Lauren (@Imagineer5 ) because I knew her and her DH were in AK that day for the Wild Africa Trek, but when I asked who it was, he said her name was Ellen and she worked at AK. It was @theworldneedscolor on her College Program! We interact more on Instagram, so when DH sent me this picture of her and DS, I sent it to her via direct message on there. She recognized DH and DS from my TRs and IG posts. I never did end up seeing her, although I looked around for her later in the day. From that moment on, DH said I was now a “minor Internet celebrity” and that nickname stuck, especially since it wasn’t the last time I was recognized this trip!!

I'm so sad we didn't get to meet up. I think we were already gone at this point.

Love your report. We are going over Mardi Gras next year, so I've been waiting for a report from someone so I could see how busy it was and how the weather was (both of which I know probably will not be the same LOL). That book thing that your DS was doing, what was that? We are traveling with DD 7 and 6, looks like it might be fun for them. Keep it coming. I can't wait to read more.

:wave: I think I'm still reading your last trip report. Wow, 6 trips in one year! That's awesome. I'll be heading to Disney this year for Mardi Gras. It really is my favorite time to go, as the weather is usually great and the crowds aren't bad like in the summer. Joining in and looking forward to reading along.

It looks like your DS had so a blast on his Wilderness Explorer quest! I am in love with all of the adorable pictures of your DD smiling at the camera. She looks like such a princess in her crown and her diva moment not looking at the camera like the photographer requested made me laugh. She has that smile mastered!

He LOVES Wilderness Explorers! He was so bummed that we didn't do any of the stations in May but it was just too hot so we didn't even bring the book with us.

Thank you!! I think she's pretty darn cute but I'm biased lol. I didn't even realize she had turned her face away until I saw the pictures later and it cracked me up. Apparently there was something way more interesting than Pascal going on behind us!!!

I loved reading this! Beautiful photos!

Thanks! So glad you're enjoying it!

Ah, Animal Kingdom Lodge! I LOVED our stay there so the pictures really make me miss it even more! We got the letter about soft good refurb too but didn't notice any noise.

Minor internet celebrity for sure! Already 2 DIS meets (or 1 semi meet and 1 real meet) and it's your first day! :rotfl:

I love those close up shots of DD! Too cute with her little teeth peeking out!

It seems like DS had a blast playing in the Boneyard. The boys could spend hours there!

Seeing all the pictures as I work on updates makes me miss it so much too! We had a fabulous time there.

Haha and the first day isn't even over yet ;)

They are some of my favorite of her this trip!

DS would stay there forever if we let him! It is kind of nice as a parent to get a few minutes to sit down and let him go nuts for a bit.

Yay! You started the TR :) So cute, esp since Maya is 6 months now (almost 7!!) and that is Delilah's age during the trip, so I love to see the similarities.

What an awesome start to the trip (forgetting that long drive and traffic lol)

Yay how nice!!

Wow, you really had some awesome pixie dust during your travels to get to WDW. So cool.

Such a cutie!

Love this one too, and so cute to see the little teeth! Maya doesn't have any (Aria didn't get any until after 11m!!)

Funny, same trip/time of year as you and I always had to wait for a room at the BCC in AK!

I'm so sad we didn't get to meet up. I think we were already gone at this point.

DH got a lot of pictures edited while we were at the beach with family Memorial Day weekend so I was itching to start!!

It totally made up for the drive and the stress of being behind schedule. She was like an angel!

It's always a nice surprise when my lap kid can get a free seat. It happened a couple of times with DS, but lately it seems like our flights are always full.

Props to Courtney for making it a fun check in experience! DS still loves wearing that safari hat!

I don't remember DS having very many teeth by the time he was a year old, but DD already has 8! She always seems to get them in pairs. First the bottom two in the middle, then the top two in the middle, then she broke a tooth on each side of the sets all at once. 4 teeth at one time was NOT a fun time in our household!! Amazingly though, she uses her teeth on me while nursing a lot less than DS did. Thank goodness!

Aw, that stinks! I guess I was on a good schedule of feedings lol

Me too! The one time our dates actually line up... Hopefully it won't be the last time!

Love your report. We are going over Mardi Gras next year, so I've been waiting for a report from someone so I could see how busy it was and how the weather was (both of which I know probably will not be the same LOL). That book thing that your DS was doing, what was that? We are traveling with DD 7 and 6, looks like it might be fun for them. Keep it coming. I can't wait to read more.

Glad you're enjoying it!!

Yeah, the weather can be totally variable! Especially depending on when Mardi Gras falls. Hopefully with it being later in February next year, it won't be as cold as it was for us. It was busy but manageable with a good plan.

The book is from the Wilderness Explorers. It's like a scavenger hunt around the park where the kids can earn different badges for different things they learn or tasks they complete. It's so much fun for them! Those ages, they would love it! The kiosk is when you enter the park and get to the bridge to Discovery Island, it's on the right as you go towards the Tree of Life. There's a map (I think its in the book if I remember correctly) that shows you the location of all the stops. There's maybe like 30 or so badges they can earn. We have been working on his for three trips now. lol

:wave: I think I'm still reading your last trip report. Wow, 6 trips in one year! That's awesome. I'll be heading to Disney this year for Mardi Gras. It really is my favorite time to go, as the weather is usually great and the crowds aren't bad like in the summer. Joining in and looking forward to reading along.

Ahh, I know! I never thought we'd ever be able to take so many trips in a year. But we have really been putting these APs to work! I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can because after they expire, I don't really know when we will be back.

We haven't gone for Mardi Gras since I was in high school and still going with my parents because DH loves Mardi Gras so much! But I'm sure as the kids get a little older and it gets harder to take them out of school, we may end up going at Mardi Gras more often. At least the weather is usually nice. It was a bit too cold for me this year, but I still prefer that to being dripping with sweat by 9:30 am!

Oh my goodness, all these wonderful photos of Animal Kingdom are making me homesick! :sad:

I wish we had been able to meet up during your trip, but it was so lovely meeting your family! Also thanks again to your DH for capturing this moment; it's one of my favorite work photos from my program :goodvibes

This is precious! Seeing the amazement and wonder kids have while at Disney was one of the things I loved most about being a Cast Member :lovestruc

Joining in, of course! I love hearing how you guys utilized your passes.

Ugh, this past winter was terrible with sickness. I've never seen so many people I know (including myself) catch the bug at one time. And add to that your house flooding! Yikes! Talk about stressful. You really did need a Disney break.

I can't wait to hear what you thought of AKL. It's one of my favorites.

The nursing rooms at AK are some of the best, I agree! Actually, that entire baby center is awesome. I love how big and open it is. I think AK's nursing rooms are my favorite. Universal's are up there, too, but I don't like how you have to ask to use them and wait if it's occupied.

Paxton rode Dinosaur on this trip? Aw, yay! I wondered when I read in your other TR that he left the queue if he'd conquered it on any of your other trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter