Lamplight Lounge different menus vs where you sit??

kkmcan

Official Mouse Fan
We have a reservation for LL coming up and I thought I had heard that you could only get certain menu items depending on where you sat? I want to make sure we sit where we can get the most choices because I do feel that there aren't than many menu items to choose from based on what I see on the menu on Disney's website. Am I missing something? Any recommendations on where to sit? Because the lagoon will be empty, I don't see any reason to sit downstairs on the peninsula. Thanks!

I don't think you get to choose. We ate there earlier this month and they put us outside downstairs. There were people dining inside and the majority of the outside was empty, but considered full based on their staffing at the time. We had the full menu. I think if there's a difference in menu, it has more to do with what time it is.

Besides the differences between brunch and lunch/dinner menus, the main difference is whether you are dining at Lamplight Lounge, which is reservation-based or Lamplight Lounge Boardwalk Dining, which is walk-up/waitlist and offers a smaller menu. I've only dined inside so can't speak to the Boardwalk menu, though have read good things about the Barbacoa Nachos.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/lamplight-lounge/https://disneyland.disney.go.com/di...-adventure/lamplight-lounge-boardwalk-dining/

Got it! Thanks! We have ressies so it does seem there are a few more items to choose from on that menu and we don't have to wait. Thanks for the responses.

So the walk up Boardwalk Dining menu is different than the Lamplight Lounge reservations along with brunch menus vs lunch and dinner.

I will say the barbacoa nachos available at Boardwalk dining are absolutely the best. Yes better than the Lobster nachos in their current form. Under Cove Bar they were FAR better.

So the walk up Boardwalk Dining menu is different than the Lamplight Lounge reservations along with brunch menus vs lunch and dinner.

I will say the barbacoa nachos available at Boardwalk dining are absolutely the best. Yes better than the Lobster nachos in their current form. Under Cove Bar they were FAR better.
I know I am wayyy late on this discussion… but do you know if you can still order Barbacoa nachos from Lamplight Lounge? Or do you have to sit in the Boardwalk dining to get them? Thanks

So does anyone know if I have a res for Lamplight Lounge, is sitting on the boardwalk not an option? Will I still need to join the walk up list if that is what I want?

You cannot. I have tried. :( They are really, really good!
So, update: We ate there last night, and although we were unable to get the Barbacoa nachos, they had the options of chicken or steak nachos, and the chicken nachos were also DELICIOUS. Side note- the potato skins are quite possibly the best thing I’ve ever ate in my life. 😂

So, update: We ate there last night, and although we were unable to get the Barbacoa nachos, they had the options of chicken or steak nachos, and the chicken nachos were also DELICIOUS. Side note- the potato skins are quite possibly the best thing I’ve ever ate in my life. 😂

Wait. You can get nachos other than lobster at Lamplight? I assumed you could only get lobster (which I don't like) because that's all that's on the menu since they removed the barbacoa nachos.

I agree with you about the potato skins (which are nothing like potato skins so I don’t know why they are called that 🤷‍♀️). When I eat in the main restaurant I usually get the lobster nachos and sub steak, which are really good! I haven’t tried chicken yet. The nachos at Craftsman Bar are also really good (I think they are better than Lamplight’s regular nachos, but not as good as Lamplight’s barbacoa nachos.

I have a nacho problem in case you haven’t noticed. They’re one of my favorite meals! 🙈

We were there last night too! My daughter got the chicken nachos and she got waaaay more food than I did with my lobster nachos. The potato skins were amazing. They were more like fancy deep fried potato patties but again best thing ever!

Wasn't able to get a LL reservation at 60 days for lunch. Do more pop up later?
Or, what is the wait like at the walk up at 11:30 am? Going on May 16.
tia

I haven't had the nachos, but out of curiosity I just looked up the definition of barbacoa and got this: Barbacoa is made from whole cow heads. Cow heads (cabeza de la vaca) are the ultimate leftover cut of beef. They are filled with lots of chewy cartilage and gristle combined with hard-to-get but succulent pieces of beef cheek and tongue.

Any idea if this is what is used? Sounds gross (to me), but I guess must taste really good!

I haven't had the nachos, but out of curiosity I just looked up the definition of barbacoa and got this: Barbacoa is made from whole cow heads. Cow heads (cabeza de la vaca) are the ultimate leftover cut of beef. They are filled with lots of chewy cartilage and gristle combined with hard-to-get but succulent pieces of beef cheek and tongue.

Any idea if this is what is used? Sounds gross (to me), but I guess must taste really good!

I can't speak on Lamplight's barbacoa because I've never had it, but these days, in basically any Mexican restaurant you go to in America, when they say barbacoa they literally just mean shredded beef. It likely isn't head meat, but more like a very tender and flavorful roast.

tia
FYI: the main Lounge is reservation-only. The walk-up is for Boardwalk Dining, which has a slightly different menu.

Occasionally, a reservation will pop up, but it's random. I've managed to score a lunch reservation for the next day while at the park.

Your best option might be to sign up for a dining alert website to alert you if someone drops one. I did this recently for my next trip - it took some time, but I managed to get the Friday brunch reservation that I was hoping for.

tia

I check periodically for my trip in two weeks and just stumbled across a 10:30 LL reservation which I grabbed. So yes, they do pop up, but you need to keep looking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter