Land Of The Lost - The DVC Members with Resort Reservations and No Tickets Crying Room....

I wasn't too optimistic this morning and didn't want to wait on the phone forever so tried the Chat feature through the Disney site and they asked how I secured my 2021 room reservation. Once I stated I rented DVC points, he told me that tickets would be on sale by June 28th and said only new packages were able to book today.

Not sure if this has been brought up or not but an interesting wrinkle I've noticed is both the CM and the website state BY June 28th... Does this indicate there is a slight chance that it is available prior to the 28th?
Thanks for letting us know. I was debating whether to call or not.

My family of 7 has annual passes. But my mom doesn’t have a pass yet. Trip DVC 2 bedroom sept 15-23. I told her to buy from UT before they stopped but she didn’t do it. I wish I would have thought of buying it myself and having her pay me back. I just need 1 ticket please 🙏🏻

I also just got off the phone, still no word on 'when' they will open ticket sales. I was told to just keep watching the MDE banner for the update for ticket sales, she kept saying 'soon'...and 'any moment'. *sigh*...

Room for one more in the club? January room booked but still no idea if we can buy tickets tomorrow since there has been ZERO clarification on that. If we can not and only cash guests can buy ticket, count me it for carrying a pitchfork and torch in the DVC (Non AP) rebellion.

Since it is offical that we can't add tickets to 2021 rooms......Time to round up the non-AP DVC troops!

Last edited:
I'm half tempted to cash only book for one day next year, buy an AP then cancel the room...

I also just got off the phone, still no word on 'when' they will open ticket sales. I was told to just keep watching the MDE banner for the update for ticket sales, she kept saying 'soon'...and 'any moment'. *sigh*...

We were just talking about this in regards to 2020 ticket sales. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there is no actual announcement from Disney. One day we will log into MDE and the link to buy tickets will be live.

But then, as with most things Disney related we are far more likely to find out about it here than from Disney :rolleyes: .

Last edited:
They should absolutely give DVC with reservations (probably others with resort reservations) the option to buy 1st. DVC members put money in year after year on tickets and other add ons. I don't understand why they wouldn't let us know when it would be available and before the general public.

We were booked for April 2020 but moved the reservation to january 2021 right before the closure. Lost 225 of our points for that reservation because it was banked points and my use year was up back in Jan 2020. So we are now using current use year points along with some borrowed points. We have tix from April but need to get one more ticket for my daughter who couldn't go in April but can in January. I have booked park passes for everyone but her. Just need one more!

Will that work?
The CM told me that with 2021 reservations they are allowing ticket sales so they can book their parks...so...one would think that if you purchased an AP, activated it now, you *should* be able to reserve your park...

I shouldn’t have to activate nothing. Even before this I could book fast passes with ap not activated. The clock starts first day u use the pass

Hi everyone. I got though to a very nice CM. 407-939-5277. (I was on hold from 6:45am to 9:15am - staying at DVC on rented points in Jan 2021 with no tickets.) She really tried to help me. Even put me on hold to check with the DVC line herself so I wouldn't have to. The outcome is that I can't get 2021 park tickets at this time. They are only able to do so by rebooking as a package today. We will be able to (should be able to) get tickets online on the 28th and reserve parks at that time. I'm hoping that process is smoother than it was for those trying for the last couple of days... I keep telling myself that even if I can't get tickets, hopefully I'll still be at BWV in January and not in Wisconsin. :)

I shouldn’t have to activate nothing. Even before this I could book fast passes with ap not activated. The clock starts first day u use the pass
You don't have to activate it, but you do have to assign it to somebody in MDE.

I don’t think so...I believe all new annual pass sales are halted...if you want to renew more than 60 days out you ca.
Would new AP sales be live on the 28th?

Also - it sounds like DVC owners who booked with own points cannot buy any form of ticket? I am tempted to also tempted to book a package of some form, buy a longer ticket, and if need be upgrade to the AP.

My 4yo doesn't have a ticket at all, and the rest of my family's APs don't expire until February 2021. So it sounds like I wouldn't be able to renew in any event ?

hmmmm will this work? This may be a brilliant move
I am thinking about it and I can't think of any reason it would not.

At least until Disney catches on that DVC members found a way to get un-screwed. Then they would have to close it up again really quick like they did for 3rd party tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter