Land Of The Lost - The DVC Members with Resort Reservations and No Tickets Crying Room....

Just got off the phone with DVC, after waiting about 30 minutes. I know the CM can't do anything about it, but I'm hoping disgrunted DVC members in our situation are flooding their phone lines. I also just sent an email to the DVC powers that be expressing my extreme displeasure, and thoughts about our continued bad treatment. I know it won't do anything, but it made me feel better.

Can I ask, is there a difference between the Florida Resident Gold Pass and the DVC Gold Pass? My company still has Florida Resident Gold Passes, I am not a resident, but the price is the same as DVC. Just wondering if there is a difference in the ticket.

Can I ask, is there a difference between the Florida Resident Gold Pass and the DVC Gold Pass? My company still has Florida Resident Gold Passes, I am not a resident, but the price is the same as DVC. Just wondering if there is a difference in the ticket.

Yes, the difference is you can’t buy it as you aren’t a FL resident...owning DVC won’t cut it.

Otherwise, it’s the same type of ticket.

yup waiting. have Jan 2021 trip and my 11 mth window is coming up for june 2021.

I don't even want to have to be dealing with this right now. I wish it was staggered like fast passes at a shorter period, but I get they have to lump us in cause of the cash packages scheduling days when they book far out.

All I know is I need tickets so I can put this to rest. Go on with my life this summer which fishing is the main priority right now! lol

Take my money. Let me book my random days at parks in which I have no idea what is really going on yet and let me move on. lol this might be harder to decide then what time I want to eat 180 days out.

By June 28th at the latest, you can get your 2021 tickets and book!

how much “later in the summer” can they go with people like yourself and the uncertainty. I am sure some people waited for airfare too!

I really believe later this summer is not going to be as later as most think...once June 28th hits and all those day guests have a chance to book with their tickets, there really is no reason to open up 2020 sales.

Supposedly, when they do, you will know before you buy if you can get park days...

exactly - how do they not know??

I think they have a plan in place to get them up ASAP. But, if they had given a date, and they realize once booking has started, things filled up faster than they thought, they would now have to backtrack.

Lets just say they really don’t want to keep 2020 sales shut down any longer than they need to. They have DVC, cash and day guests who need them.

Is this the crying room or the Lets Make Excuses for everything room....

just checking.

I'm here to cry.

Thanksgiving reservation here- no tickets. I have no problem with priority being given to people with tickets. I have no problem with AP holders getting priority. They've dropped a lot of $$ - by all means. Go for it.

I DO have a problem being lumped in with people who don't have tickets AND who don't have a resort reservation for the remainder of 2020.

I DO have a problem with them sorting out 2021 before 2020.

Also I DO have a problem with total lack of mention or point of note from DVC about these quantifiable groups of people - they know exactly how many people have reservations without tickets or passes linked for 2020. Send us an email. I got about 5 recipe recommendations during the closure - I know how to make tonga toast....but i DONT know when I can buy tickets. Tell us to hold tight. Tell us you can't wait to welcome us home anyway - say SOMETHING. It is really annoying to me that DVC wasn't mentioned AT ALL and everyone else is getting emails "Be the FIRST to book your reservations!".

Also - for any apologists - I don't need to be reminded that it's a timeshare - I totally know what I bought and by the way I still value it for what it is. I am not expecting FREE tickets....I just think we should have had a chance to buy them before people who don't have resort reservations - not before cash reservation guests - all of us resorts but no tickets people should get a shot together. it IS a timeshare but it's also - and i can't reiterate this enough - a WDW onsite resort reservation.

"later this summer" I am fairly certain there is no way, even if we get a chance to buy a ticket, anything will be available for park reservations for Thanksgiving week.

Cry over. Thank you for this room of gloom.
This is exactly how I feel about the ticket debacle. We are booked for early December with a party of 11. My DH and I have annual passes which we'll activate in July during our trip that was rescheduled from April. I was waiting to purchase the park tickets for the rest of the family for the December trip until after we return from the July trip. You know, wait to see how much money we spend on the first trip. Lol. We take this trip in December usually every other year and I buy the passes closer to the trip. My bad apparently (at least according to Disney's new system).

I've been a DVC member since 2001 and pretty much have always gone with the flow. We are a laid back group for the most part and can handle the reduced entertainment. Heck, most of the time we don't make it to the fireworks or parade anyway. But the stress of booking the July trip yesterday (two of the parks we were successful at booking are now not available, AK on 7/14 and HS on 7/15, so I am thankful that I could do that) and now waiting to see if there will be any availability for the parks for our December trip is just way too much to handle. I didn't even book parks for my DH and me for December because what's the point if I can't get those same parks for the rest of our family.

If Disney had just given guests with reservations in 2020 and no tickets an opportunity to purchase those tickets prior to opening it up to everyone else without resort/DVC reservations then I would be perfectly fine with that. So the fact that they didn't do that means that they are still trying to get people to cancel or move their trip. Well, I don't think I will do that. The grandkids will love Universal and Sea World just as much as they love Disney. We'll use our lodging as our base if we have to do so. I absolutely hate sounding so disgruntled and disappointed but that is where I'm at. My new normal when it comes to Disney. And don't get me started on the emails. I received not one email related to the park reservation system. If it wasn't for these boards then I doubt I would have my July park reservations. You guys rock!!!

I have a stay starting September 1st at BWV to celebrate my 50th birthday but have no park tickets. I was waiting to buy my tickets until my fastpass window opened in July and was not quick enough to buy tickets when they shut down sales. I could kick myself for not buying from UT when they were still selling tickets. I said I'll get them "tomorrow" but then tomorrow was too late!!

I am holding out hope that once June 28th comes and they let all those with park tickets book park reservations they will open up new park tickets sales for 2020 soon after that. I just hope once they do open up ticket sales that they sell to those with onsite resort/DVC reservations before they open then to the general public. I don't mind if I can't go to park everyday but hope to go at least a few days out of my 7 day stay.

Joining the crying room. My daughter and 7 of her friends have a two bedroom at SSR booked in September. Banked and borrowed points. No tickets yet. Now some of the friends are backing out due to possibly not being able to get in the parks. She and her husband still plan to go, but it’s sad if they won’t be able to enjoy any of the parks. They say they’ll enjoy their two bathrooms! My husband and I have a trip booked at VWL. We don’t have tickets either. But, I haven’t seen Harry Potter World at Universal. Looks like this may be the year to visit other Orlando attractions! Oh, and we all have airfare. Took advantage of great deals on round trip on American for Philadelphia to Orlando.

I'm joining this thread as well. We have reservations in September for a cabin at Wilderness Lodge. I didn't purchase park tickets because I was waiting for the dates for MNSSHP and also to see if I could get into moonlight magic at HS, because the number of days we would go to parks during the day would have changed based on whether we got into those events. Now, we're in the same situation as a lot of folks.... plus they still haven't given a definitive statement on moonlight magic which I'm assuming will be cancelled anyway. Also, my niece who has reservations for next year received an email about the restrictions for next year (which are the same as the current ones), so there's no guarantee that thing will be better next year, otherwise I'd reschedule. I think that us with DVC reservations should be somewhere in the algorithm other than being included with people without any reservations.

This is exactly how I feel about the ticket debacle. We are booked for early December with a party of 11. My DH and I have annual passes which we'll activate in July during our trip that was rescheduled from April. I was waiting to purchase the park tickets for the rest of the family for the December trip until after we return from the July trip. You know, wait to see how much money we spend on the first trip. Lol. We take this trip in December usually every other year and I buy the passes closer to the trip. My bad apparently (at least according to Disney's new system).

I've been a DVC member since 2001 and pretty much have always gone with the flow. We are a laid back group for the most part and can handle the reduced entertainment. Heck, most of the time we don't make it to the fireworks or parade anyway. But the stress of booking the July trip yesterday (two of the parks we were successful at booking are now not available, AK on 7/14 and HS on 7/15, so I am thankful that I could do that) and now waiting to see if there will be any availability for the parks for our December trip is just way too much to handle. I didn't even book parks for my DH and me for December because what's the point if I can't get those same parks for the rest of our family.

If Disney had just given guests with reservations in 2020 and no tickets an opportunity to purchase those tickets prior to opening it up to everyone else without resort/DVC reservations then I would be perfectly fine with that. So the fact that they didn't do that means that they are still trying to get people to cancel or move their trip. Well, I don't think I will do that. The grandkids will love Universal and Sea World just as much as they love Disney. We'll use our lodging as our base if we have to do so. I absolutely hate sounding so disgruntled and disappointed but that is where I'm at. My new normal when it comes to Disney. And don't get me started on the emails. I received not one email related to the park reservation system. If it wasn't for these boards then I doubt I would have my July park reservations. You guys rock!!!

I really believe later this summer is not going to be as later as most think...once June 28th hits and all those day guests have a chance to book with their tickets, there really is no reason to open up 2020 sales.

Supposedly, when they do, you will know before you buy if you can get park days...

I think they should allow guests and dvc members to buy and book first before opening sales to everyone else for 2020. I am praying late summer is early/mid July. I am not a DVC member - we rent 1x/2x a year. We have considered purchasing however we have always put a house project over the purchase. This is def something that I will consider when revisiting purchasing DVC.

Room for one more in the club? January room booked but still no idea if we can buy tickets tomorrow since there has been ZERO clarification on that. If we can not and only cash guests can buy ticket, count me it for carrying a pitchfork and torch in the DVC (Non AP) rebellion.

of course there's room...

COME AND POST WITH US

FOREEEVAAH

AND EVAAAHH

I was forced to book September because my use year ended for my 2018 year points.
I had a trip booked for 7/4/20-7/11/20 with my 220 points, but the park was not open. They said to bad use them or loose them. So I moved my trip to September 2020 and invited family members we booked our flights waited to buy tickets for some of my people and some had tickets.
Well lo and behold 2-days after I booked they stopped selling tickets.
It would have been nice if member services gave me this info.
I am at my wits end. They should had a better system in place for DVC members.
I have been a loyal DVC member since 1998 and have spent tons of money through out the many years.

I was forced to book September because my use year ended for my 2018 year points.
I had a trip booked for 7/4/20-7/11/20 with my 220 points, but the park was not open. They said to bad use them or loose them. So I moved my trip to September 2020 and invited family members we booked our flights waited to buy tickets for some of my people and some had tickets.
Well lo and behold 2-days after I booked they stopped selling tickets.
It would have been nice if member services gave me this info.
I am at my wits end. They should had a better system in place for DVC members.
I have been a loyal DVC member since 1998 and have spent tons of money through out the many years.

I would put a lot of money on the fact that Disney didn’t inform anyone they were going to stop ticket sales so it didn’t get leaked ahead of time.

But I am hearing a few rumors that first week in July May see 2020 ticket sales open. Unconfirmed..of course.

Room for one more in the club? January room booked but still no idea if we can buy tickets tomorrow since there has been ZERO clarification on that. If we can not and only cash guests can buy ticket, count me it for carrying a pitchfork and torch in the DVC (Non AP) rebellion.

Always room, misery loves company! Each post I read, I still cant believe that the DVC group who arguably are one of if not the most loyal customers they have has had zero communication. This is not a good look for new sales either....

if they dont let us in its going to look like Pirates Of The Caribbean at the resorts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter