lap top DVD player

drewc

Mouseketeer
I posted earlier with questions about securing a tv/vcr combo in a mini van. Then I remembered that my work laptop has a DVD player in it. Has anyone tried securing a laptop for dvd viewing in a mini van? I'm guessing that mine weights 7 to 10 pounds. Definitely a lot lighter than a 9"combo tv.

It opens fully (so the screen and keyboard are parallel), so I would imagine that it might be possible to place it in one of those behind the seat organizers, with the screen showing.

Anyone given this a try before?

I use my laptop DVD all the time in my SUV - the compartment between the front seats is large enough that we set it there.

The other trick we use is one of those cassette adapters you plug in the headphone connection of your laptop and play the sound through the vehicle sound system.

I also have a 300 watt power inverter that plugs into the power port on the car and then you can use your laptop "home" power cord instead of laptop battery for watching DVDs.

I've found on my Sony Vaio that the picture is not as bright when using batteries - must be a power saver feature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter