LAST CALL for the 10/18/03 Eastern Magic Cruise!

Looks like we will have quite a crowd come October... mo' betta!

Beano- ever done any scuba on the Eastern? My husband and son will want to dive in St.Martin and St.Thomas/St. John. Last year I found booking on my own to be a great way to go. I'll be sufing for info on that.

Kamgen- can totally relate to the planning bug:D Anxiously awaiting our trip to Las Vegas. I have not been there since living there from'73-'77. Sounds like it has turned into Disneyland fro adult's-only. Have tickets for all our shows already and we're doing a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon.
Now I need to plan out the whole cruise vacation. I just found out about the Epcot food and wine festival. Might be a winner for before or after cruisin'.

Hope my kids are gonna love this as much as we do. They are big fans of the mouse, but not fanatics like their DD and me. My daughter made up the cutest basket for us for Christmas, filled with Disney goodies. My husband thought it was the best:)

Did I read back a few posts about lime green T-shirts?

Loretta

IndyDisneyFan – We’re celebrating my “special” birthday too! It’s actually while the Magic is in dry dock but we wanted to go Eastern so this is the best we could do. So, I think Beano’s right and we should turn the DIS gathering into a birthday party. By the way, I’ll be in Indy this weekend. I’m hoping that your weather will be nicer than what we’ve been having in Chicago.

We’re looking for excursion ideas too. Have anyone been on the 5-star snorkel thingy in St. Thomas/St. John?

Spud,

Yes, I think a party is in order. So far I am not too depressed about the big 40, but what better way to spend it than on a Disney Cruise ship! The weather this weekend will be a bit warmer than the past few days, but I think the weather up there and the weather down here are pretty much the same this time this time of year! Cold, snowy, and counting down until spring!

Laura

This group will definitely help you forget about your age. Age does not matter at all. Just live a good life and have fun.

Hi all... :)

Loretta - I have not done scuba on the eastern, only because nobody else in my family dives. But whatever the event, I strongly support researching and booking on your own! That way you can do things on your own timetable, and it costs less than a Disney excursion. I may or may not dive this year, but we are definitely doing some snorkeling. We snorkeled on St. John 2 years ago, and it was beautiful, but it takes quite a while to get there. I think we will stay on St. Thomas this year.

Spud and Indy - Should I order the birthday cake now??? ;)
DW and I will host a DIS party in our stateroom on thursday afternoon - consider this an advance invitation! DW and Kamgen are in charge of the food, tarzanman and I will host the bar!!
Can I be part of the birthday celebration?? My 40th is just a month after the cruise!!!

Looks like this is going to be a fun group... :jester:

'Beano'

Beano!!!

So good to hear from you. It will be a Happy Birthday for all!!!:) I can't wait to get this party started. Hopefully my favorite shopping guide will be on the cruise. ;) She is soooo nice. Isn't she?

Do we know if She-She or April or even our man Robin will still be on the ship?

t-man, I doubt that Robin will still be there, he seemed ready to move on! I hope he is though. He was great. If he's there, I bet April would be too! As far as She-She, I can only hope she is!!
Same goes for Jezzica. :)

But I know WE'LL be there, dude! Sounds like a party to me!

'Beano':cool:

BeanoC

Yes, order that cake now....and we will celebrate your birthday as well. You can join our over the hill club and we will all have a great time.
Here is a question for you since you are an expert at these cruises. We were thinking about renting a car on St. Thomas and doing some exploring on our own. What do you think? I read somewhere that you can take a ferry over to St. John. Any idea on the cost?

Thanks!
Laura

Well my birthday is end of September! I wanna celebrate too! :)

This cruise is going to be awesome! I guess we all better get to talking so we get to know each other better! We only have less than 9 months! LOL!!!!!

Kamy :)

Laura - I can't say that we've ever rented a car on St. Thomas, so I can't say too much about that specifically, other than I know a lot of people do it. And yes, you can take a ferry over to St. John. As I recall, it was about 4 bucks per person. They leave every half hour. Just make sure you plan to get off the ship as early as possible, because you'd be surprised at how quickly the day can slip away ! It takes a while to get to the ferries, get over to St. John, spend some time there, and get back again! We did that 2 years ago, and had almost no time left to shop in St. Thomas when we got back!! If you're planning on going to a beach on St. John, I recommend Trunk Bay or Cinnamon Bay. Gorgeous!! :)

Kamgen - I guess we can let you celebrate with us.... if you behave! But you're a decade younger than the rest of us, so we probably can't keep up with you! ;)

Well, let's just make that one humongous cake!! DD b'day is Oct.5 and DS son's is Sept.2:bounce:
And let's not forget we got lots of anniversaries, too:D

Beano- how long you figure it takes to get to St. John? I've heard it's so beautiful. What kind of shopping would we be giving up in St. Thomas? I'd love to find an excursion like the one we did in Coz...scuba and snorklers were accomodated on one boat. DH got to dive, I got to snorkel and do a discover scuba (I'd love to get certified this summer before we go:) ) This still took up our whole day in Cozumel, plus we were pooped! No energy to shop or even get to see the famous C&C's-next time!

I need to learn how to do a countdown clock:)

Loretta

Loretta - When you get off the ship in St. Thomas, there is a line of taxi's waiting to take you where you want to go. For St. John, you need to go to Red Hook. I guess it was about a 15 minute taxi ride. From Red Hook, you take a ferry across to St. John. The ferries run every 30 min., so depending on when you actually arrive at Red Hook, you may be getting right on board, or waiting close to half an hour. I recall the ferry ride being only about 10 minutes. Then,once on St. John, you need another taxi to take you to your beach or other destination. Again, I recall the ride to Trunk Bay as being about 15 min. So, from the time you step off the ship to the time you reach your destination, it'll be about an hour, maybe a bit more. You have to realize that the taxis don't take off as soon as you climb aboard - they wait until they fill up, so that factor increases your wait time. But yes, St. John is GORGEOUS!!! Trunk Bay was breathtaking, especially from the road up above. Post-card beautiful!!

What you are giving up, shopping-wise, is mostly jewelry, crystal, clothing, etc. If jewelry is your thing, you can do pretty good in St. Maarten!

I hope this answers your question... :)

'Beano'

Beano

Thanks for the tips on St. John. I think we are going to go ahead and rent a car and head over that way. I have no doubt that time will just fly while we are in port! We will have to figure out a way to budget our time. So much to do and see, so little time! My next hurdle is to get off the waiting list for the early dinner seating. We really don't want to eat dinner so late at night! I think I missed it literally by a day or two. Any tips here anyone?

Thanks!
Laura

Hello Fellow Cruise Animals!

Whether you guys like it or not, Pam and I will be joining you again this year. We have officially changed our cruise date.

It will be a bit of a birthday cruise for me too. My birthday is on 10/25.

I look forward to chatting with everyone (even Kamy and Tim).

Beano- So far I think we will be Kidless on this cruise but that can always change.

Paul

Paul- Welcome aboard!!!! Hmmmm......even Kamy and Tim, huh?? LOL!!!! Fine..be that way! :(
Just kidding! :)

Look forward to seeing you and Pam again! This is going to be a great time!

Kamy :)

Paul,

It will be great to have you guys on the cruise with us. The more the merrier!!! You and Pam are awesome. We want to see you on that dance floor a little bit more though. We'll have to see if we can find ourselves another bar that is at least half as cool as Carlos and Charlies and Senor Frogs. I am relly itching for this cruise now.

Laura-

Wow, I'm surprised the early seating is full already. We have late seating but were thinking about switching. I guess we'll just stay where we are. I've heard that you should call right around 60 days out since that's when many people cancel. Even if you don't get it, I wouldn't worry too much. You'll definitely never be hungry!

Well... Paul and Pam, Kamgen and tarzanman, Beano and Renee, all on the same cruise again!!

The rest of you are now being given fair warning - there is still time to change to another cruise!! LOL

This will be our third sailing with Paul and Pam, also our third with Kamgen and her miserably deranged DH!!

(Guys, I think I will notify Doug and Christy - maybe they'll switch too!)

tarzanman - I bet we can find a place comparable to Senor Frogs,
but we won't be in port anywhere at that hour of the night. I would be too embarrassed to do those things in the light of day...

Now with Paul on the cruise, that birthday cake is getting bigger and bigger all the time! Last year, we had wine, along with sandwiches and cheese & crackers... This year, cake and champagne?? :)

Sounds real good to me!

It's going to be great sailing with all of you again! I hope Doug and Christy will consider sailing with us again.

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter