• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last min trip

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
so we were scheduled to fly into Orlando from LAX on Tuesday but Dorian has put a stop to that.
We're coming from Australia so thought why not go to Disneyland for a couple of days.
Today was so stressful, it took me over an hour and a half to get thru to Delta to change my flight, so now arriving into MCO (hopefully) Thursday 5th.
I got some last min accommodation at the Hampton Inn on Katella Ave. I haven't stayed there before but have stayed on that street and enjoyed the location.
We have two kids, one is 3 and the other is 10 months, the 3yo has been on several international trips but not the baby. Will be interesting (or terrifying) to see how she goes on the 14 hour flight over.

I'm having issues getting transport to Anaheim from LAX with car seats - if anyone can suggest anyone that would be great. I only have tomorrow to book as we leave the next day.
I can't believe how much Disneyland tickets have gone up since our trip in 2017. I almost fell of my chair. We only want a 2 day 1 park per day tickets and it's going to cost over $900AU once I convert our lousy dollar. OUCH!

so we were scheduled to fly into Orlando from LAX on Tuesday but Dorian has put a stop to that.
We're coming from Australia so thought why not go to Disneyland for a couple of days.
Today was so stressful, it took me over an hour and a half to get thru to Delta to change my flight, so now arriving into MCO (hopefully) Thursday 5th.
I got some last min accommodation at the Hampton Inn on Katella Ave. I haven't stayed there before but have stayed on that street and enjoyed the location.
We have two kids, one is 3 and the other is 10 months, the 3yo has been on several international trips but not the baby. Will be interesting (or terrifying) to see how she goes on the 14 hour flight over.

I'm having issues getting transport to Anaheim from LAX with car seats - if anyone can suggest anyone that would be great. I only have tomorrow to book as we leave the next day.
I can't believe how much Disneyland tickets have gone up since our trip in 2017. I almost fell of my chair. We only want a 2 day 1 park per day tickets and it's going to cost over $900AU once I convert our lousy dollar. OUCH!
Try the Disneyland express bus, no car seats required as it’s a bus but kids under 2 must sit on a adults lap,

Crumbs @wendlle what a lot of organising at the last minute, but you seem to have it all under control... hope you have a good trip and a fabulous -storm free- vacation :)

Last edited:
You are almost there to have everything sorted :) And it will be worth it as you won't be worrying about getting to MCO in a storm/hurricane

I would also suggest the bus, but some googling came up with these companies who provide car seats.
https://www.paylessairportshuttle.com/child-car-seat/https://saferidetransport.com/baby_car_seats
https://www.golansky.com/services.html

And maybe this article will help as well:
https://mommypoppins.com/los-angele...car-seats-getting-to-la-oc-airports-with-kids

Lansky's Car Service provides car seats, excellent service, and a short grocery stop on the way to the hotel if you'd like. They get consistently good reviews here.
This thread has lots of helpful information: Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information ~ 3TinksAndAnEeyore
Try Undercover Tourist for discount tickets with MP. Last Minute Travel Club (Google for a free membership code) for discount tickets without MP. Posters here use both these authorized vendors frequently with great results.

We too were supposed to be in WDW leaving tomorrow for 9 days. Cancelled the trip and found last minute airfare to LAX so we'll be staying at DLH and visiting the parks next week as well.

Last edited:
We've used Lansky for airport transportation because they provide carseats and we have always had a great experience with them. Pricey, but worth it if you don't want to/can't travel with your own car seats Their car seats have been clean and newer.

100% I'd try Lansky transportation, they provide car seats and get wonderful reviews!

I can personally vouch for Lansky as well. We've used them several times and their service is absolutely wonderful. They'll greet you at baggage claim and assist you all the way. By the time you arrive at your hotel, you'll be completely relaxed. It's a great way to start a Disney vacation. :)

Thanks everyone. I've sent an email to Lansky and will see how we go. I've gotten 3 other quotes as well and like the look of "Long Beach Shuttle" and their rate is really good.
I've decided the whole "when life gives you lemons" motto is true here. It's going to cost us a fortune but what the heck!

So glad you guys changed your plans - have you seen the latest news from MCO - so many folks plans will be wrecked.
Hope everyone stays safe with least amount of upheaval.

Yeah, I could see it coming. No way were they going to be open on Tuesday. I just hope all goes well and they are able to get us in on our Thursday flight.
Fingers crossed the storm will have passed by then and planes are flying again on Thursday. Have a wonderful visit - I'm sure your little ones will be bubbling over with excitement - especially the 3 year old :)

OMG, you're right about that. So I'm in bed still at home in Australia and I've just gotten text messages and emails saying my transport is waiting for me and to call them.
I'm still at home!
I went with Long Beach Shuttle as they had good reviews and pricing.
Waiting to hear back fromt them, I sure don't want to have to pay twice!

sorry for double post.
OK so I got in contact with them. They got my date wrong but it was partially my fault. When they sent the invoice for me to pay I didn't check the date. I've been so frazzled with all this last min planning I just paid it without looking.
The guy was pretty annoyed as he waited 2 hours for us and then left.
They aren't charging me again and I said I was sorry a LOT! But I'd like to tip them well, what kind of a tip should I give?
Going from LAX to Hampton Inn & Suites in Anaheim. 2 kids, 2 adults, 3 bags and a double stroller & the hassle of them waiting when we weren't there. ??
Just curious to know what kind of tip you guys think I should give for the inconvenience?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter