Last week of March--getting scared of Spring Break crowds

We are also going the last week of March. I expect it to be busy but I am not too worried as we do RD, FP, and leave parks in the afternoon when it gets crazy. We take a break at the hotel and then return to another park in the evening.

On the bright side, the weather should be warm but not stinking hot. AND...it won't be the insane crowds expected once Star Wars opens :jester:

Most of Oregon has the last week off for spring break. Although I would think Disneyland would be the first choice, I do know a couple people myself that are headed to WDW. Good luck and have a nice vacation!

Most of Northern Illinois is off the last week of March and it is THE place to go.

That being said, last year it coincided with Easter so it might not be as bad.

But yes, it will be busy.

Yes! My word, every school in Northern Illinois must be out the same week. We're driving all the way to St. Louis to save on airfare!

My gang will be there next week as well. For what it's worth, I'm still seeing evening FP for stuff like soarin'. Only the tippity top of rides are booked up as usual. It's a thin straw, but I'll grasp at it.

There are springs breaks next week from all over the country. It will be Disney World busy not regular amusement park busy.

We will be there next week but more to watch our kids play ball at ESPN than to go to the parks. We’ve gone down to watch DS the prior two years and the parks were extremely busy. RD is extremely unpleasant so we do our best to avoid those people. In fact, we won’t be doing much in the parks during the crowded times. DH and I will spend some time in EPCOT for one day but the crowds are too unpleasant for an every day thing. In order to avoid most of the crowds I got DD DH and I the special morning ticket to HS then we’ll beat the rope drop crowd and do RnR and ToT and head out as crowds come in. That evening DD and I will head over to AK ride some rides before closing and then stay for the extra hours event. The next night I got tickets for the whole fam to go to MK extra evening hours event -haven’t been in the park til 1am in a long time.

Staying at a non Disney hotel saved us alot of money and I didn’t buy too many day tickets just the event tickets and two day hopper so I don’t feel as ripped off spending money on the extra event tickets.

Safe travels everyone and have a wonderful trip!

There are springs breaks next week from all over the country. It will be Disney World busy not regular amusement park busy.

We will be there next week but more to watch our kids play ball at ESPN than to go to the parks. We’ve gone down to watch DS the prior two years and the parks were extremely busy. RD is extremely unpleasant so we do our best to avoid those people. In fact, we won’t be doing much in the parks during the crowded times. DH and I will spend some time in EPCOT for one day but the crowds are too unpleasant for an every day thing. In order to avoid most of the crowds I got DD DH and I the special morning ticket to HS then we’ll beat the rope drop crowd and do RnR and ToT and head out as crowds come in. That evening DD and I will head over to AK ride some rides before closing and then stay for the extra hours event. The next night I got tickets for the whole fam to go to MK extra evening hours event -haven’t been in the park til 1am in a long time.

Staying at a non Disney hotel saved us alot of money and I didn’t buy too many day tickets just the event tickets and two day hopper so I don’t feel as ripped off spending money on the extra event tickets.

Safe travels everyone and have a wonderful trip!

Smart planning. As I was reading, I kept thinking "wow, that's a lot of upcharges." But by sticking to mostly only them, you are really making your money count.
I'm going as an AP holder, so I could care less if I get on every ride or not. It's actually sort of fun to watch the hordes and not have to worry about getting on every last ride.

We go during Spring Break a fair amount, as my wife is a teacher, so we're kind of limited on when we can go. It's definitely going to be very busy, so make sure you rope drop, maybe take a break in the middle of the day when the heat and the crowds are the worst, then try to stay until closing, as the crowds will die down somewhat near the end of the day. This year, we're doing a few days at WDW, then a cruise on the Dream, then 2 more days at WDW! Can't wait, 4 days until we leave!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter