Late Disney opening compared to other theme parks

SugarShane74

Earning My Ears
Does anyone believe that Disney is opening much later than other Florida theme parks in hopes of the state of Florida moves into a new phased opening allowing a higher percentage of guests to enter the parks?

Yes...for them they seem to not feel it's worth it for them to open if they're not getting enough bang for their buck so to speak (definitely understand the business sense in that.) I also think that's why they don't seem to be putting much effort in doing much but the bare minimum to open compared to other parks/resorts. Cost cutting measures are playing a big part in their "agreement" to reopen. They're trying to mske it as profitable as possible...again good business sense I suppose, but kinda crappy for those with trips planned in the upcoming months. We'll see if they change their tune at all as we get closer to opening, but yes they seem to have always been much more reluctant to even want to open and/or try compared to all the parks around them.

I don't think it had much to do with their union agreements that was finalized long ago and seemed to be very quick and essy. I'm sure the majority of CMs would have been happy to get called back earlier.

We'll see what the future holds.

Yes...for them they seem to not feel it's worth it for them to open if they're not getting enough bang for their buck so to speak (definitely understand the business sense in that.) I also think that's why they don't seem to be putting much effort in doing much but the bare minimum to open compared to other parks/resorts. Cost cutting measures are playing a big part in their "agreement" to reopen. They're trying to mske it as profitable as possible...again good business sense I suppose, but kinda crappy for those with trips planned in the upcoming months. We'll see if they change their tune at all as we get closer to opening, but yes they seem to have always been much more reluctant to even want to open and/or try compared to all the parks around them.

I don't think it had much to do with their union agreements that was finalized long ago and seemed to be very quick and essy. I'm sure the majority of CMs would have been happy to get called back earlier.

We'll see what the future holds.
the unions agreements to recall CM was finalized May 27th, not so long ago
But yes it's a combination of many factors, including saving money as much as possible

the unions agreements to recall CM was finalized May 27th, not so long ago
But yes it's a combination of many factors, including saving money as much as possible
I thought they had an agreement (Im not familiar with the terms) weeks ago? I understand maybe the paperwork wasn't completed/finalzed (maybe I used the wrong term,) but I thought both sides already had a plan all agreed on etc. quite a while ago??? I know you have connections so just asking if maybe I was mistaken?

I thought they had an agreement (Im not familiar with the terms) weeks ago? I understand maybe the paperwork wasn't completed/finalzed (maybe I used the wrong term,) but I thought both sides already had a plan all agreed on etc. quite a while ago??? I know you have connections so just asking if maybe I was mistaken?
the first agreement was on furloughed/medical leave issues. That was back in April. The new one is the one spelling out procedures on what needs to be in place for the CM safety and recalling procedures

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter