Late to the party, as usual...

I think there are several angles on this.

There are people who are just tired of seeing her, but that's not really her fault. She's allowed to show up to her boyfriend's football games and it's the media choosing to film and photograph. I read that her dad played college football and Andy Reid had met her through their football connection well before anything happened with Taylor and Travis. So, I'd like to think she's a person that grew up with a football dad that just happens to be dating a football guy. I think it's sweet, but I'd also like the media step back from their non-stop attention...just really for them.

As for the political side, yes...she has told her fans to register to vote on several occasions. It's ruffled certain feathers each time because there were noticeable spikes in voter registration. The other more recent issue seems to be popularity. It seems to be sparked by the media's attention over the whole Taylor/Travis coverage, like she's receiving more media attention than certain jealous people. Some have been taking it to the next level, trying to say that certain political events are better attended and in higher demand than Taylor Swift concerts (among other things). This particular angle seems to be very one sided, and it's not coming from Taylor's camp...at least from what we've seen in the media.

Right. For many, new voter registration is a BAD thing and they actively work to stymie it if possible

The way I see it, if a certain party thinks having MORE voters is a BAD thing, then perhaps they need to reassess their platform to what the majority of the current voters actually want and which direction to take our country.............LOL. Politicians voted into office are supposed to represent those who voted for them.

. Politicians voted into office are supposed to represent those who voted for them.

Politicians voted into office are supposed to represent those who voted for them.
I agree. But some think they were elected to be leaders. Nope.
Hopefully this is a generic or broad enough comment not to be considered political, but I have a choice of 36 candidates for President on my Primary Ballot, none worthy of my vote.

I just thought it was that people were tired of seeing her after every play instead of the fans in the stands cheering.

Someone actually took the time and calculated this - apparently, in any given KC game, the amount of screen time with Taylor Swift on TV has been somewhere between 30 and 60 seconds.
I had heard 44 seconds, but let's just say 1 minute. She's on the screen for 1 minute out of 180+ football game, and that's "seeing her after every play"? Didn't I see they had video of Joe Montana & Barry Sanders before the 49ers/Lions game? Oh heavens, they could have been showing FANS during that time.
In 2018 she endorsed Phil Bredesen in Tennessee but he didn't win. I suppose she has more power and followers now but Idk how much persuasion these celebrities really have.
While I get she's popular, maybe not enough to push a local candidate over the line?

As for the political side, yes...she has told her fans to register to vote on several occasions. It's ruffled certain feathers each time because there were noticeable spikes in voter registration. The other more recent issue seems to be popularity. It seems to be sparked by the media's attention over the whole Taylor/Travis coverage, like she's receiving more media attention than certain jealous people. Some have been taking it to the next level, trying to say that certain political events are better attended and in higher demand than Taylor Swift concerts (among other things). This particular angle seems to be very one sided, and it's not coming from Taylor's camp...at least from what we've seen in the media.
Right. And she's a woman. And she believes in a woman's rights. And the fans she may be influencing may not tic the "right" box 😉

In all of the games shown on television do they show other families, girlfriends, friends of the players as well?

Certain players wives or girlfriends, notable friends and parents are not unusual.

They also show random celebrities other than Taylor who happen to be attending the game and no one seems to get triggered over that.

So... I read endlessly about the apathy of the American voter, how awful it is we have such low turn-out in elections, but now it's a BAD thing to motivate people to register to vote and become active in the democratic process? Sheesh...
I guess it depends on what kind of voter you're motivating. I really can't think of any other explanation for it to be honest.

It was weird yesterday or the day before when pretty much every single political news commentator on a certain channel came in with disparaging remarks about Taylor Swift. Definitely looked like an orchestrated effort.

Someone actually took the time and calculated this - apparently, in any given KC game, the amount of screen time with Taylor Swift on TV has been somewhere between 30 and 60 seconds.

I had heard 44 seconds, but let's just say 1 minute. She's on the screen for 1 minute out of 180+ football game, and that's "seeing her after every play"? Didn't I see they had video of Joe Montana & Barry Sanders before the 49ers/Lions game? Oh heavens, they could have been showing FANS during that time.

I was honestly only relaying what I have seen articles about. I don't/can't watch the games. I don't have any issues one way or the other how much or how little they show her or anyone else.

I agree. But some think they were elected to be leaders. Nope.
Hopefully this is a generic or broad enough comment not to be considered political, but I have a choice of 36 candidates for President on my Primary Ballot, none worthy of my vote.
At the Presidential level, California doesn't have a jungle primary. Hence you won't see every single candidate listed in the guide. You will only see the candidates for whatever party you are registered as. If you are registered as No party preference, you won't see a single Presidential candidate on your primary ballot. But you may request a crossover ballot for the Democratic party, the Libertarian Party, or the American Independent party. Those party primaries are open. If you wish to vote in any other party's primary, you will have to register for that party. Those are all closed primaries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter