• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laundry detergent

MandyLovesMulan

A girl worth fighting for!
Has anyone used laundry machines at the resorts? Do they accept regular or high-efficiency detergent? I want to bring some from home just in case I need to do a load. (Specifically, staying at All-Star Sports).

To my knowledge they accept either.

There are also machines in the Sports Laundries that sell detergent(it is "Green" low environmental impact detergent).:)

They sell detergent but I myself bring my own, my little guy is tough on his clothes so I have to use tide, I bring the PODS they work great, plus I think they sell detergent for $2 but I could be wrong. Most dollar trees sell name brand detergents for a dollar. Have fun

Do the washers have the dispensers where you can add liquid fabric softener before you start, or do I need to bring dryer sheets?
You can use liquid fabric softener. But one thing to know the machines might not take cash. I'm at ASMu by the quiet pool. I purposely bought something at the food court to have cash and machines don't take it. Walked back to room to get Amex...doesn't take that either, back to room to get debit card. So to save you the hassle bring visa, MC, or Discover. The washing machine cost $3, not sure on dryer yet. There was a sign that said if you want to use cash to see the front desk.

I pack a few of the detergent pods. I just put them in a plastic container in a suitcase. The detergent is expensive at Disney. DisneyWisher made a good point, which is the machines only take credit/debit cards. Our pool time is when I like to do laundry, but not being able to use a MagicBand makes it pretty inconvenient. I'm still not sure what to do with my credit card while I'm in the pool. I used to just stick it down the front of my suit. :rotfl2: About a year ago I bought a swimsuit with shorts. Those conveniently have a small pocket with a zipper for my credit card.

You can use liquid fabric softener. But one thing to know the machines might not take cash. I'm at ASMu by the quiet pool. I purposely bought something at the food court to have cash and machines don't take it. Walked back to room to get Amex...doesn't take that either, back to room to get debit card. So to save you the hassle bring visa, MC, or Discover. The washing machine cost $3, not sure on dryer yet. There was a sign that said if you want to use cash to see the front desk.
Thank you! Good to know!

I bring the pods. It's easier to travel with. And yes, All Star Sports uses credit cards only. I walked in there with a bunch of quarters, and no slot to put them in. Then someone told me I had to use a credit card. I had to do laundry twice on my trip.

Another pod user. Learned that trick from my camping days (they are NOT behind us no matter what the man thinks...oops:D) and find them easy to pack using ColoradoMom12's method.

I've never used the laundry facilities at your specific resort, but at other Disney Resorts we bring and use our own Tide Pods, dryer sheets, and debit card.

Just wanted to mention that if the laundry by the main pool(Surfboard Bay) is crowded,there is another laundry by the "secondary pool",Grand Slam Pool and it is rarely crowded.:)

Most of the laundry rooms are HE washers. DVC villas have standard washers in the villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter