Laundry facility

dbbutz

Earning My Ears
I am not sure if this belongs here or not.
I tried to do a search but that function is disabled.
My question is...do I bring my own detergent (flying down on 2/10 :D )
buy it at the store when I get down there.(will be renting a car).
or can I get some from the laundry room.
Thanks

Most laundry facilities sell laundry detergent, but it is rather expensive. As a money-saver, it might be best to bring your own in individual containers. If you use liquid detergent, try placing it in empty film containers, or baggies for powder detergent. Hope this helps! :)

I'm going to bring the new detergent "tablets" from Wisk. Should be easy to pack.

Either buy it there or I brought along Tide tablets, didn't have to worry about detergent (liquid or powder) spilling in my luggage.

I used Surf tablets. They are pre-packaged with 2 tablets per load and take up very little space. I toss a couple of them plus some dryer sheets in a ziplock. You can buy a cheap box of detergent once you're there at the grocery store. Detergent is very expensive at the resorts.

I have bought from the laundry vending machines and have taken my own (tablets and fabric softener sheets in a baggie). Either way is fine.
But I would caution you on doing laundry depending on which resort you are staying at.
We stayed at ASMo last month, during the SLOW season. And the laundry room was far from a pleasant experience. That resort needs at least three times as many machines as it does.
CSR laundry facilities are great, as there is more than one laundry location.
But if you are staying at any of the AS, you will need to do laundry at a inconvenient time: like mid day when you may want to be in a park. But if you are an afternoon pool person/family, then it would work out fine. Otherwise expect long waits for the machines at the AS resorts.
That was my only complaint about ASMo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter