• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Least crowded week in April 2025?

minnie85

disneylove
We are looking for a decent time to go next spring. Easter is a bit later, so looking for suggestions.

Very tough! Personally I feel the worst weeks are before and after Easter no matter when Easter falls. So those would be out to me. The week after the week after Easter was awesome this year- but next year runs smack dab into major dance and cheer competitions. I'd watch crowds the next couple weeks and see if the competitions impact the parks.
Run Disney messes with early April so I'd avoid that time as it will be spring breaks + RunDisney.

Easter week will overlap with Mass school vacation week. Which just makes me shudder

The last week in April will still be a school vacation week but nowhere near as insane as the week before and after easter.

Very tough! Personally I feel the worst weeks are before and after Easter no matter when Easter falls. So those would be out to me. The week after the week after Easter was awesome this year- but next year runs smack dab into major dance and cheer competitions. I'd watch crowds the next couple weeks and see if the competitions impact the parks.
Run Disney messes with early April so I'd avoid that time as it will be spring breaks + RunDisney.
Thank you! I had forgotten about cheer competitions! I will keep an eye on this years crowds.

Thank you! I had forgotten about cheer competitions! I will keep an eye on this years crowds.
Also keep in mind you'd want to avoid the hotels they use as that is where the majority of complaints about cheer/dance competitions come from (craziness in the hotel, cheering outside, etc). Sometimes you can google the events and find out exactly what hotels they're using, some common ones are all stars, pop, CSR and we even had some reports recently AKL has been sneaking in there.

sponica nailed that one week. MA schools have vacation week the 3rd week in April which is packed every year, done it many times. In 2023 we actually flew from NYC because the flights from MA, NY, CT and RI were so outrageous from so many people from New England going to FL. Next year it overlaps with Easter which to me seems like the perfect storm of crowds. My tip, if you can push to the first week in May you'll encounter much smaller crowds.

Heading down this coming Monday for a week April into May, was a great week in 2018. We went last year 2023 second last week of April. It was absolute chaos with Cheer crowds. Was completely expected when staying at a value, my kids and I had a great time watching cheer teams from Mexico and a couple of states practicing outside etc. Neat experience but by the weeks end the hotel was a nightmare with kids running all around late hours. We jump to a mondetate this week and will see how it plays out. No matter what week you pick it’s always busy. We did Christmas just my wife and I one year before kids and that was busy!

sponica nailed that one week. MA schools have vacation week the 3rd week in April which is packed every year, done it many times. In 2023 we actually flew from NYC because the flights from MA, NY, CT and RI were so outrageous from so many people from New England going to FL. Next year it overlaps with Easter which to me seems like the perfect storm of crowds. My tip, if you can push to the first week in May you'll encounter much smaller crowds.
I agree with this and have also drove to NY in the past for a cheaper flight. However this year was the best April vacation we’ve had in a very long time. The ride wait times we’re averaging under an hour which is insane!!
But, the week wasn’t near Easter.
Next year will be very different. ☹️

Every school system doesn't take "Spring Break" at the same time so it is difficult to generalize. Some have time off before Easter, while others school systems are after Easter. We were at Disney a few years ago in early May during one of those cheer competitions and didn't really notice any impact. I assume more of the contestants were busy practicing or performing in the competition, so park attendance didn't seem any different to us. Thought I saw a recent thread indicating some cheer competition was not going to be at Disney next year but held elsewhere.

Perhaps if staying at a resort where they were staying you might notice a difference. Those marathon races might impact certain areas of Disney if roads are closed or you have to make other arrangements to get around when the races are in progress. I think there are other threads on here talking about those various marathon events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter