Leaving in 48 hours and FREAKING OUT

mjbaby

DIS Veteran
I will not stress I will not stress I will not stress I will not stress...

I need to: finish packing the kids, pack myself (preferably in the same suitcase as the kids so DH doesn't wig out), meet a major deadline for a client, visit the bank, take my husband's shoes to the cobbler, hit Dollar Tree, collect our various tickets, coupons and whatnot, get a key to my SIL so she can stop in on the cat while we're gone, wash and dry (without benefit of a dryer) two loads of laundry, and probably nine hundred other things that I can't even process right now.

Someone save me from myself! I am completely freaking out! ARGH!

Good Luck with that!! Just kidding it will miraculously all come together and you will have a great trip. Try to remember what I always tell everyone that cannot understand why I wait until just before I hit the bed the night before to pack. "There isn't anything that I am bringing with me that I can't purchase there". It isn't the wilderness. Cuts way down on the stress. That way all I have to really do is bring money, tickets and a good attitude.

Have a great time!

:hourglass

You have a cobbler? :teeth:

We leave tomorrow evening--I've been sick with a terrible cold, now dd has it, I'm partially packed, I saw dd's suitcase this morning and apparently she's taking her entire wardrobe (she's 15), I have to run to the drugstore and the bank after work today, and we're supposed to get a big snowstorm tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow I have to drive 1.5 hours through the snowstorm to the airport after picking the girls up from school.

Yeah, I'm freaking, too. :rotfl2: Just think how much fun we'll have once we make it there!

I hope you have a fantastic time!

Just remember to pack some warm clothes it will get very cool this weekend. I think the low for Sunday is 36. Not as bad as snow but usually there is a breeze and we know that makes it feel colder.

Something you might enjoy while doing all the things around the house. Live365.com is a internet radio station. Do a search of Disney and listen to soundtracks and ride tracks while doing things near the computer. Puts me in a great "I'm leaving my life and going to Disney World, WOOHOO!!"

Mouse House Radio and Radio Buena Vista are my favorites

goofyernmost said:
"There isn't anything that I am bringing with me that I can't purchase there".

You are a genius! If there were a Nobel Prize for Trip Planning, it'd be yours for sure!

NMAmy said:
You have a cobbler?

Yeah! He *makes* and repairs all kinds of shoes and boots. He's amazing, about 129 years old and I couldn't live without him.

NMAmy said:
and we're supposed to get a big snowstorm tonight and tomorrow

Yikes - better check the weather (nothing like giving myself more to sress about) because if you're in Michigan that snow could be to us in the mid-Atlantic by Saturday a.m.

I will not stress I will not stress I will not stress I will not stress I will not stress...

Yup its going to be a cold weekend but nice.....Remember warm clothes...... Dont worry it will all fall into place........Hope you all have a wonderful time, I will be visiting for the Day on Sunday but only Downtown Disney!!!

It will all work out and you will have a fantastic time :goodvibes

Don't stress it. You both will get everything done in time. And you will have an amazing time at the World! Dress warm, ride everything, and then come back and tell me how it was. ;)

mjbaby: Don't stress yourself over the packing. If you forget something you can always buy it while there. Thats what I always tell myself.

NMAmy: Take lots of airborn or advil cold and sinus and you will be ok. I bet your DD has a reason for every item of clothing she is bringing. Good luck with the snow.

Have a wonderful time both of you! :figment:

OK, let me join in the stressing. I have nothing packed, leave in less than 48 hours, still doing laundry and my DH is in Huntsville, AL. He may or may not be home today. I still have to run to the bank, run to pick up some last minute items, gather myself together and find suitcases. I have to work today and tomorrow. Let me join in the mantra...

I WILL NOT STRESS...I WILL NOT STRESS...

I am right there with you. We leave tomorrow night, and I have SOOOO much to do. I am a Tupperware consultant, and I have to get all the invites for the parties right after we get back all ready to be mailed, bake cupcakes for my ds's bday for school tomorrow, pack (that's a big one), clean, do laundry, go to the market, go to the post office, and bank, and so many more things that I am not thinking of. But you know what? I'll see you at THE WORLD!!!!
Kelly

Are you the type that relaxes once you are on the plane? I take a big sigh of relief and then phew! I am all better following the craziness of trying to get away. Now may I vent?

I will not stress. I will not stress. I will not stress. I will not stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have about 10 reports to do for my private practice, need to unpack all the warm clothes and add aome cold clothes, get the food and meds for the pet sitter, clean the horse stalls, change an ADR or two, get taxes finished, take my DS to a drs appt, clean house, do laundry, finish packing, stop the mail, get addresses for postcards, do a play date birthday party, and three thousand other things. I want a chore and packing fairy! And a secretary, and a housekeeper, and a cook thank you very much. Okay that is asking too much. But I have to admit, I do feel guilty complaining, cause heck- we are going to WDW! Okay now I feel better. Thanks for the post. :sunny:

BeNJeNWaFFLe said:
NMAmy: Take lots of airborn or advil cold and sinus and you will be ok. I bet your DD has a reason for every item of clothing she is bringing. Good luck with the snow.

Have a wonderful time both of you! :figment:

Thanks, Jenn! I'm on the downhill slope of this cold, I'm much better today than I was yesterday. As for dd having a good reason...well, I did tell her it would be cold but I think we'll have to repack tonight with a more reasonable amount of clothing. :teeth: She has to know she'll end up buying several t-shirts/sweatshirts there--this is how I get her to take less, by reminding her of the souvenirs she'll need to bring home. :lmao:

I hope we all have a great time! And it warms up. :teeth:

hahaha ...I'll be in Disney in 48 hours - yeah!!! and New York is getting snow that afternoon - what a shame.. :rotfl:

don't stress the packing and other 9 million chores from now to then - you're going to Disney!! and guess what, those chores will still be waiting when you get back! I like the thinking of "it's not the woods, you can buy what you don't have" ... incredibly smart..actually, I've always wanted to do like that American Express commercial were all you carry is the card , hit the airport and buy your vacation as you go!! I wish I had the nerve! lol

now back to reality,my BF and I are packed in 2 carry-ons ( how much do we really need for 5 days??!!),,I have a puppy sitter , I'll hit the bank tomorrow , I'm taking lots of Zicam, Dayquil and whatever to get rid of my cold...and my brain is almost in vacation mode!

see everyone there :wave2:

Wow - good thing most of you will be in WDW in 48 hours - it sounds like you all need a vacation! I know the feeling, I was exactly the same way before our trip in December. Even though it seems like everything cannot possible get done, don't worry. Try to make a list of everything you need to do and just tackle one job at a time. And just keep thinking about that magical light at the end of the tunnel. Hope you all have great trips!

I wish I had your problems right now. :sad2: It'll be another 5 months before I get to feel that way!

my wife is nearly obsessive about our preparations for a trip to Disney. We buy tickets months in advance, get clothes picked out way beforehand (bags, suitcases, shoes, etc. - all purchased months ahead of time). However, nothing hinders or stops the stress of the last two or three days. I'm always afraid of forgetting something - like money or the tickets, or underwear, etc. Did I remember to buy extra litter for the cats? Does our friend have a key so he can check on them? Do we have our priority seating information? The list goes on. And that doesn't count the endless items you have to take care of at work before leaving.

But, like everyone else (here) has said, once you're there everything is golden. As long as it's Disney, you'll have something inside to keep you sane and happy enough to make it through these last few hours.

All the best!
Ian

I am so glad someone posted this thread! We leave on Sat at 11:30 (now less than 48 hours away!) And I am very stressed! People keep asking me "Aren't you sooo excited!!!" And I am excited but I can't get by the stress of having to pack for the 4 of us! God help me if I forget my dd's blankies! Or something else that is not replaceable! I have lots of lists going so hopefully I won't forget anything important!
thanks for helping me feel better with this post, at least I now know I'm not stressing out alone :thumbsup2
But lets face it, if we need to stress out about something, we're lucky it's something fun like Disney!! :cloud9:
Crissy :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter