Leaving next weekend and have some ?'s

dvcfamily41801

Future Walt Disney World Cast Member
We leave this weekend for our first DVC stay, but have a few questions.

I know that some people have faxed in requests for specific rooms, should I try it for a check in next Sunday? We are staying at BWV in a preferred 1 bedroom. When I made the reservation I requested top floor, boardwalk view, non smoking. My only reason for wanting to try again is that it took me a LOOOONNNNGG time to convince DH that DVC is for us and I would love nothing more than to seal that with a beautiful view!!!

Also, had a question about if some things are in the rooms:
Sugar
Dish detergent
Salt & Pepper
All silverware and plates, etc are there correct?
A Pack & Play
Hairdryer
VCR is in the living room right, is it a record or play only

Thank you for any help!!

Thank you everyone!!!

I can answer some of your questions.

Things that are definitely in the room:

-Dish Detergent (you can ask for more if you need it)
-Plates, silverware, pots & pans, etc. (If something is missing or you need something else, call housekeeping.)
-Pac N Play (closet)
-Hairdryer
-VCR - (it definitely plays. I don't know if it records. BWV has some TV channels, but not all)

Personally, I don't think faxing in room request makes any difference. Supposedly, requests are honored in the order you list them, and reservations made 11 months in advance get priority over those made closer, etc. However, a room meeting your criteria has to be available the day you check in. I just repeat my requests at check in and hope for the best.

You have to bring your own sugar and Salt&Pepper. Sometimes there are restaurant packets of these left in the room by previous occupants, but you can't count on it.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Haven't stayed at BWV, but the VCR @ VWL was only the playing kind. We couldn't record.

We didn't need much to stock the kitchen, so we just picked up a few extra sugar and S&P packets when we ate at fast food type restaurants. (I always grab extras, and I just kept them, rather than throw them out.)

I would send a fax. I had my first BWV trip last December, made my reservation at 11 months with a Boardwalk view request, top floor (in that order). We got top floor, but over the quiet pool. I would say that you prefer top floor, but Boardwalk view is your main request. I could have kicked myself afterwards that I did not send a fax, it wouldn't have hurt.

I think the VCR recorded, but I didn't try it. I know the one at OKW did.

One thing we didn't know - there are no icemakers in the freezers at BWV like at OKW. I kept going to the ice machine in the hall. I found out later that there were supposed to be ice trays and I could have requested one from housekeeping. I think this year I will throw one of my plastic trays in the suitcase.

Have a great trip!:)

you understand that there rooms are pretty far from the elevators. so take that into your plans as well. but the views are wonderful.

you can call housekeeping (maintance) about the VCR I think they get it to record for you.

hi: the entire fifth floor (top floor) of bwv is non-smoking. i tried faxing in room requests (needed to have 3 rooms fairly close together), but it didn't work out. i should point out that these rooms were booked on fairly short notice and not at the 11 month mark. we've never had a boardwalk view but have had water and pool views. we prefer the standard views to save on points. i don't think your dh will be disappointed; wait til he sees the size and comfort of a 1br. have a great trip!

We have found requests have made a difference at HH. We have asked for a specific building and have gotten it 2 of the 3 times that we asked for it. I don't think that BWV would be any different in this regard. We found this to be the case when we used to stay at other WDW resorts, also. Obviously if you request an exact room and it is already taken then you won't get it. I see no harm in faxing a request. We have made our requests when making the reservation and the information has always appeared on the confirmation form. The only problem I see when one makes a request and it does not work out, is do not let this have a negative impact on your stay. Somebody has to stay next to the elevator, stairwell, housekeeping room, etc. I do believe making a request lessens your chance of getting a less desireable room.

The VCRs at OKW, VWL, and HH all record. I would expect this to be the case at BWV, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter