disneymerlady

Earning My Ears
Hello fabulous humans!

I'm Abs, and I just went to Disney World for the first time this year!! To say it changed my life would be an understatement. 😍

I'm looking for other magical women who enjoy Disney just as much as I do, and either identify as lesbian or bisexual / pansexual / demisexual. This is a safe space, and I'm so excited for some new connections!

Three Disney things about me: I collect headbands and ears, and post my favorite pair every week for Minnie Ears Monday. My favorite Disney Princess is Ariel. My favorite park is Magic Kingdom (but really how can we choose just one!?)

Hope to hear 3 things from you soon! Stay well and be kind. 🌈

YAS Disney Lesbians! LOL I love it :earsboy:🏳️‍🌈

I am also a Disney loving lesbian! I've been to Disney World many many times in my life and it remains just as magical as the first time I went when I was 5 years old!

Three Disney things about me: I love pin trading in the parks, I usually buy a big pack of pins from eBay before a trip just so I have plenty to trade with :) My favorite Disney character is Elsa, she is my independent, lesbian QUEEN! :worship:princess: My favorite park is Magic Kingdom, of course!

Thanks for starting this thread! We have been going to Disney together for about 30 years, and since our marriage in 2013, we've been AP holders.

Three Disney things about me: I dream about the chicken at Chef Art's and breakfast at Boma, I keep changing our trips around until the day before we leave, and while I am a lightweight who could never drink around the world, I really enjoy trying a different lounge each night for a different craft cocktail.

I haven't done any pin trading yet! I am obsessed with the Frozen ride at Epcot, and what a fun little thrill it ended up being in addition to the incredible animatronics!

Omg I LOVE Chef Art Smiths, I cannot wait to go back and try the chicken and donuts. I'm a huge chicken and waffles fan and wish he had that!

Sure, all are welcome! Tell us a little about yourself!

Is everyone going to check out WDW during the 50th?

Omg I LOVE Chef Art Smiths, I cannot wait to go back and try the chicken and donuts. I'm a huge chicken and waffles fan and wish he had that!
Is everyone going to check out WDW during the 50th?

Chicken and donuts is my obsession meal. And we are heading down at the end of next month. Can’t. Wait.

My wife and I have been going every year since moving to the west coast 6 years ago, sometimes multiple times per year (land and then world, etc). Every time we go we get worn out and wonder why we came, then a few months later, we are our over here planning our next trip. Last year we did world in Jan and land in Sept and swore we would stay strong til 2023. So naturally, we are planning a trip for the end of this month.

Three Diseny things about us: I prefer world and the wife prefers land. I'm not an ears person, the bands hurt my head, but I found an awesome antler hat that lights up in Disneyland and wear it often. We took our son to Disney World for the first time when he was 6 months old. Every single picture of him awake is very WTAF is this. Ha

I'm a bisexual woman married to a wonderful lesbian and we love Disney -- specifically Disney parks. We've been to WDW, Hong Kong, and Shanghai together. We got married in October, and our Disney touches were our processional song (So This is Love Waltz) and we had mickey-shaped pretzels. Our next Disney trip will be for our honeymoon in April, which will include Disneyland (my spouse's first time!) and a Disney Cruise to Hawaii (fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled)!

Hi Abs - thanks for starting this thread! So exciting that you made it to Disney World! Best wishes for many more trips to come. I've been going to WDW every 1-5 years since I can remember (grandparents lived in Hollywood, FL). We'll be back there in February 2023 to celebrate the 50th, plus our 10-year dating anniversary. Animal Kingdom is my current favorite park.

And hello everyone else! I also love Boma (AKL is my current favorite resort - are you seeing a pattern? :dog2:). I also don't love the official ear bands. I have made some of my own for Disneybounds with headbands from the drug store, and find them much more comfortable.

My wife and I have been going every year since moving to the west coast 6 years ago, sometimes multiple times per year (land and then world, etc). Every time we go we get worn out and wonder why we came, then a few months later, we are our over here planning our next trip. Last year we did world in Jan and land in Sept and swore we would stay strong til 2023. So naturally, we are planning a trip for the end of this month.

Three Diseny things about us: I prefer world and the wife prefers land. I'm not an ears person, the bands hurt my head, but I found an awesome antler hat that lights up in Disneyland and wear it often. We took our son to Disney World for the first time when he was 6 months old. Every single picture of him awake is very WTAF is this. Ha

I love that you two get to enjoy BOTH parks, talk about goals! I want to do World this year, and make my first Land trip as an adult (parents took me when I was around 4). I'm excited to see and experience the differences in the two! Thanks for posting here! ❤

I'm a bisexual woman married to a wonderful lesbian and we love Disney -- specifically Disney parks. We've been to WDW, Hong Kong, and Shanghai together. We got married in October, and our Disney touches were our processional song (So This is Love Waltz) and we had mickey-shaped pretzels. Our next Disney trip will be for our honeymoon in April, which will include Disneyland (my spouse's first time!) and a Disney Cruise to Hawaii (fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled)!

Hi Abs - thanks for starting this thread! So exciting that you made it to Disney World! Best wishes for many more trips to come. I've been going to WDW every 1-5 years since I can remember (grandparents lived in Hollywood, FL). We'll be back there in February 2023 to celebrate the 50th, plus our 10-year dating anniversary. Animal Kingdom is my current favorite park.

And hello everyone else! I also love Boma (AKL is my current favorite resort - are you seeing a pattern? :dog2:). I also don't love the official ear bands. I have made some of my own for Disneybounds with headbands from the drug store, and find them much more comfortable.

Omg congratulations on such a fun wedding! It sounds so perfect and magical!! I'm obsessed with any food mickey shaped now 🤣

FOP in DAK literally brought me to tears the first time. What an incredibly beautiful experience. DAK is such a cool park, I was able to ride Expedition Everest 3 times back to back, it was SO much fun!

Thank you so much for posting! ❤

Alright magical people -

What is the best food you've had at Disney's Magic Kingdom park?

Mine was the chicken and waffles sandwich at Sleepy Hollow. I got the slaw-like topping on the side, because I'm not a huge fan, and it was *chefs kiss*!

I'd love to hear yours!

My wife and I have been to Disney World twice. She introduced me to the parks by suggesting we visit what was then EuroDisney on a trip we took to Paris. We are heading back at the start of February to celebrate our 10th legal wedding anniversary.

Let’s see… three things … my favourite ride is Everest and I’m so sad it will be closed when we are there. I don’t actually like dole whip. And I’ve gotten into Disneybounding so am planning my characters/outfits for each park. (Last trip I did Pooh, Ariel, Jessie and Merida. Yes I’m a red head.)

Alright magical people -

Mine was the chicken and waffles sandwich at Sleepy Hollow. I got the slaw-like topping on the side, because I'm not a huge fan, and it was *chefs kiss*!

I'd love to hear yours!

I think it’s because we’d not eaten all day, but when we were there just prior to Covid the mini corn dogs at Casey’s tasted like ambrosia! I’ll have to check them out on this next trip, since Casey’s wasn’t open again when we were there in May. Now I know I’ll have to check out that waffle sandwich - it sounds fabulous!

I have two MK-related food memories... neither actually inside the park though. The last time we visited, we did a monorail bar crawl and totally fell in love with the Enchanted Rose at the Grand Floridian. The cocktails were great, but the standout was their sliders! We ending up going back the next day just to eat them again. :love:

And then also at the Grand Floridian, we had one amazing trip years ago when my mother treated us to the Chef's Table at Victoria & Albert's. The meal was utterly amazing all around (of course), but the thing that we still talk about is the after-dinner coffee. Reason being -- we HATE coffee. Don't drink it and also refuse to eat anything coffee-flavored. We don't like the taste. But at V&A, we LOVED their coffee. Someday we'll go back and find out if it was a fluke or not. :drinking1

I have two MK-related food memories... neither actually inside the park though. The last time we visited, we did a monorail bar crawl and totally fell in love with the Enchanted Rose at the Grand Floridian. The cocktails were great, but the standout was their sliders! We ending up going back the next day just to eat them again. :love:

And then also at the Grand Floridian, we had one amazing trip years ago when my mother treated us to the Chef's Table at Victoria & Albert's. The meal was utterly amazing all around (of course), but the thing that we still talk about is the after-dinner coffee. Reason being -- we HATE coffee. Don't drink it and also refuse to eat anything coffee-flavored. We don't like the taste. But at V&A, we LOVED their coffee. Someday we'll go back and find out if it was a fluke or not. :drinking1

Love Enchanted Rose, and for the same reason. Those sliders! I would love to try V&A at some point, but it would absolutely be wasted on my wife. So it will either happen when my niece joins us, or if I decide to do it solo. Someday …

Hi there! I'm taking my partner to WDW in March for her first visit since the late '70s and my first visit since the early '90s. I'm originally from L.A., though, so I was a Disneyland rat all through the '90s. Still, I haven't been to a Disney park since '01, when I went to the then-new DCA for one day (or a half-day, really... I skipped over to Disneyland for the second half of the day).

For my three Disney things about myself, I'll share my three most vivid Disney memories.

(1) In August 1989, I celebrated my 13th birthday at Disneyland, which meant we had to go on the brand-new Splash Mountain. I don't remember how long we waited, but in my mind I've sort of anchored it at six hours, both because of crowds and because it kept breaking down. However long it was, it's the longest I've ever waited in line for something. But it was totally worth it. It became my favorite ride, until Indiana Jones came out later on.

(2) In December 1991/January 1992, my family was at WDW, and I can remember going to Pleasure Island to go to the comedy club, which was the only one without an age minimum. I loved the lights and the vibe and the activity, and I was dazzled by the idea of the Adventurers' Club. I resolved to come back eight years later for New Year's Eve 1999-2000, when I'd be over 21 and could take advantage of everything there. When real 1999 happened, I was a poor graduate student who worked at a video store and could barely pay rent. So there was no traveling for me that year. And of course now Pleasure Island and the clubs I was most excited about don't exist.

(3) On my aforementioned visit to California Adventure during its first year, I spent about half my time at the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? attraction. After one show let out, I'd immediately get in line for the next, hoping I'd get picked for the Hot Seat this time. Later, I regretted not checking out more of the park, but the idea of playing a real-life game show was too seductive. Much later than that, I've ended up working in the trivia industry as a career, so I feel like that entire afternoon in the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? audience was not that much a waste of time. At least it was in character for me.

As for my favorite Magic Kingdom food, I confess I don't remember a single thing I've eaten at any Disney park. As a kid, I always wanted to eat at Blue Bayou someday, but I could never figure out how people made reservations for it, and they were always booked up. If I make it back to Disneyland as an adult, I know how to do that now. :)

I resolved to come back eight years later for New Year's Eve 1999-2000, when I'd be over 21 and could take advantage of everything there. When real 1999 happened, I was a poor graduate student who worked at a video store and could barely pay rent. So there was no traveling for me that year. And of course now Pleasure Island and the clubs I was most excited about don't exist.

This is pretty much my exact PI experience. I went with my sister in our late teens, and we loved it and resolved to go back to get the full experience. Never had the chance :confused3

the idea of playing a real-life game show was too seductive. Much later than that, I've ended up working in the trivia industry as a career, so I feel like that entire afternoon in the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? audience was not that much a waste of time. At least it was in character for me.

Have you been following Amy Schneider's current run on jeopardy? We've been riveted, watching every night! Probably helps that my spouse went to high school with her, but even without the personal connection, we've loved seeing her smash it, and she does great game recaps on twitter too!

Have you been following Amy Schneider's current run on jeopardy? We've been riveted, watching every night! Probably helps that my spouse went to high school with her, but even without the personal connection, we've loved seeing her smash it, and she does great game recaps on twitter too!
We have been, and we're fans! She's the most likable super-champ since Ken Jennings. Humble but pragmatic, very well-rounded. Her demeanor is just that she's there to play a game, and the fact that she's so good at it is almost secondary to her. That may or may not be true, but it's how she comes off. That's wild that your spouse knew her in high school! That's gotta make her streak doubly exciting. I don't look at Twitter that much, but I'll check out her recaps.

Heyyyyyy everybody! My partner and I have been together for 17 1/2 years. She doesn't care about Disney enough to take the time to get there and make it a vacation (we're in Chicago) but is pretty agreeable to join me if we're in the area (her parents live near Orlando). We're both pretty independent so I'm headed to Disney World for my first solo trip this May with her blessing.

I've always been a huge fan of WDW as a theme park experience and not really cared much about the other aspects of Disney - not a fan of the characters or merchandise, etc. I have great memories of going to WDW with my family as a child and they just do the details so, so well. It's a really magical place for me.

I've never minded going off on my own to do things so I'm feeling like this upcoming solo trip will lead to an annual occurrence!

Hi and welcome! Thankfully my partner (of 27 years now!) mostly tolerates our trips there together (three so far) but is equally happy to let me go and do Disneyland when I'm at a conference in Anaheim for instance. Yay for independent women in relationships :)

I love how you phrased your connection to Disney. I'm so similar - rarely if ever wear Disney clothing, there's nothing mouse-themed in our home ... but something about the freedom and magic that I experience in the parks is so special. It's like permission to play in a way.

Enjoy planning your solo trip. It's great to be able to do exactly what you want to do, when you want to do it and not have to juggle someone else's preferences and priorities!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter