Let's hear about about L & M car rental

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pluto4President

DIS Veteran ºoº DVC 4ME
Boy, these boards are a little quite lately.

L & M keeps popping up. They are showing great rates. Enough to get a faithful EC member interested.

Let's here your experience.
Soup to nuts... Anyone use them?

Me too. I'm hearing of great rates, but I shy away due to no web site. I'm thinking of taking my National reservation printout to L&M to see if they can beat it next month.

We've used L and M a few times with no problems; except my usual trouble with Hispanic accents! Cars were fine; departure and arrival procedures were not burdensome. We've used every car rental agency in the MCO terminal, and a few offsite, with little or no particular problems. I prefer National and the Emerald Aisle but if someone beats their rate substantially I will go with the cheaper. We're using L and M next month for a five day rental; made the reservation thru Travelocity; and no one is coming close to the rate.;)

We used L&M last February and had no problems with them. We had a mini van, a Nissan Quest, and it was very nice! We are using them again this coming February again. We got a weekly rate of $86.00 plus $24.50 per day for two extra days for an economy car. We had to go through the internet to get this rate though. I think it was through Travelocity.

Thanks Pluto. The MCO web site does not have a link for L&M. I'll look them up.

An aside, we were notified by our claims folks not to refer people to Alamo for replacement vehicles. We do not use them up here, but down around the airport, I guess Alamo solicits replacement vehicles to the agents down there. We were told it was due to the chapter 11 procedings. This took effect yesterday.

OK, I'm back from the L&M web site. I just reserved a full size car for 12 days. $166.50 before taxes. I've got to wait till I get home this afternoon to compare to my National reservation. I'm sure it is a lot cheaper. I'll let you know.

Their website was posted in another thread:

http://www.lmcarrental.net/main.html

I tried my May dates and got $81 for a midsize for the week! That's before taxes, but a very good rate! They cannot guarantee it at this point because it is too far in advance.

This seems to good to be true. I just made a reservation through the internet site provided above and I got a weekly rate for a minivan in January of 129.95. I would be crazy not to keep this reservation.

For those of you who are reserving a car through L&M, please post your experiences when you get back.

I didn't have much luck. For 12 days (end of June, beginning of July) he insisted he had to charge me at the rate for 2 full weeks - at $99 per week for full - still not too bad, but with all the added taxes (no ins.) total was up to $293. I did better with discounts at National.

L&M was a little cheaper (92.50 -vs- 100.50) then National EA. I do get discounts with National due to the DC.

I think I will stick with National, but will sure look forward to reading other reviews.

What type of cars does L&M use?

Originally posted by CTMaria
I didn't have much luck. For 12 days (end of June, beginning of July) he insisted he had to charge me at the rate for 2 full weeks - at $99 per week for full - still not too bad, but with all the added taxes (no ins.) total was up to $293. I did better with discounts at National.

By looking at the estimated taxes on their website, and national's breakdown, it appears as they are around 30-35% You're post puts them around 50%.

Just switched 3 national ressies. One in January, 2 in March. $26/day for a minivan. Ended up being a couple of dollars more than a full size at National. I called all cars are 2001-2002.

Full size - Taurus, Crown Victoria's etc

Minivans - Sepphia?, Windstar

Covertible - Mustangs and Eclipses.

I figure even if it takes 15 minutes at the counter, at least I don't have to cram into a full size if that's all the EA has. Plus I was told that you can do returns at the garage counter.

Here are there rates for taxes and fees (same as all)
Fee Amount

Florida Surcharge Tax $2.05 per day
Airport Fee 8.75% of the amount of rental
Sales Tax 6% of the amount of rental
Veh. Lic. Reg. Fee $1.69 per day

No DC discount "yet". I booked right from there website, didn't even use travelocity. The site seems fairly new, low tech, but to the point.

Hey it never hurts to try. I will hold my March ressies at National until I return in January from my first experience.

OK, I just checked the existing National reservation I have for the same 12 days. National is $281.35 and that is with a DC discount and one free day coupon.

L&M works out to be $235.94 with the tax's figured in.

It looks like I'm about to try L&M in 27 days and 16 hours!!!!!!

PS: L&M also gave me a guote for a full size in April for 4 days of approx. $78 with tax's added in. It is too far out to lock in the price. Right now I have a Dollar full size with discount booked for $173.12.

The rates from L&M are so low its unbelievable!! I checked a compact for our 11 day trip in April/May and its only $102.00 plus the taxes!! I already had a great rate with Dollar which I will hang onto until I can guarantee this rate. Anyone out there who has had any experience please let us all know how it was or how it turns out? When I called the MCO location to see what kind of vehicles they had the agent was very courteous and helpful.

Just cancelled my reservation through Travelocity and rebooked through the L & M site. I only saved $10, but hey $10 is $10! Pluto - I NEVER thought you would go anywhere else but National!;)

Just used L&M last week. Our minivan was a Kia, worked well and was in good shape. They did not have my reservation in their computer but did honor my confirmation. Make sure you bring any documentation that you have. Also, I had read that you had to return to the counter after dropping your car off but this was not required for us. They were able to accept return at their booth in the garage. Remember to bring your contract with you when you return your car, mine was packed and this caused some delay. My overall feeling is that they don't quite have their act together but their prices are hard to beat. I would consider using them again.

Well they aren't totally automated yet. A footnote, if you are going to waive the insurance, you need to bring proof of your own auto iinsurance.

Pluto - I NEVER thought you would go anywhere else but National!

I really like the employees on the phone, very courteous. I saw their car lot last month, right next to National. I am a big fan of "the little guy". If their rates remain as good as they are, and their service keeps up, I have no qualms about it. National is easy, but $$ is $$. As long as all works out. We'll see in January!

I just used L & M a couple weeks ago. On our way to the dollar counter, they called us over and offered us a few dollars per day off. We took it. Gave us keys, walked out, gave slip to girl in booth, she gave the space number where we'd find our 2002 toyota corolla. it was in great shape, smelled good (no smoke). Watch the gas -fill it up yourself - their rate is $4.99 per gallon! Other than that, it was very easy. Returned to airport, gave slip to guy in the booth, we were on our way. I just booked with them again for next month - $18/day (before taxes) for a full size! i just want to make sure i get that email confirmation and print it and take it with me. It's WELL worth the little inconvenience of going to the counter, in my opinion. Especially, now that i've used them, i'm not at all worried; very friendly bunch.
also, we did not need to provide proof of other insurance but it would not hurt to have it anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter