Let's share our pictures from airplanes!

Sunday morning....around 10:00am....that's why! I spent 3 summers there with my son for baseball and traffic is as bad as NYC traffic! Cool city nonetheless.

That makes sense! :rotfl2: The Houston traffic turns me into the Mad Hatter...and I'm always the passenger!:eek: I will NOT drive past Katy; we're 70+ miles to the northwest but have to travel those roads often for DGD's volleyball or soccer tournaments...and that's on Saturday mornings. Just watching/hearing the weekday traffic reports make me tense up! :crazy: (Can you tell I'm a "country girl"? :goodvibes) :tink:

northern New Mexico

IMG_6615ed-XL.jpg

The Toledo area from a biplane in June 2014.AIP (Small).jpgAIP2 (Small).jpg

Attachments

• av7 (Small).jpg
    av7 (Small).jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IH1 (Small).jpg
    IH1 (Small).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1
  • LTO3 (Small).jpg
    LTO3 (Small).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 2
  • MR1 (Small).jpg
    MR1 (Small).jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1
  • MR2 (Small).jpg
    MR2 (Small).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1
I noticed that posting pictures taken while flying became an offshoot of another Photography thread so let's share some of our favorite pictures taken from the air!

Here's one taken while flying over southern Colorado right after a blizzard diverted us from Denver to Albuquerque.

IMG_6667-2ed-XL.jpg

On the way to DW way too early in the morning! :D (Probably somewhere around Kentucky/Tennessee)
View attachment 167950

Kathy and Skywise, what beautiful pictures!! May I ask what cameras you used? I'm in the market for a new camera. ( :

Kathy and Skywise, what beautiful pictures!! May I ask what cameras you used? I'm in the market for a new camera. ( :

That was a Canon Rebel T4i with, I think, the EF-S 17-55 lens (or it was the wide angle 10-22 EF-S - I'd have to get back to the original file at home to check). Took it as RAW (I always shoot RAW+JPG) and then did some post processing of it in Lightroom (Because I suck at getting the apperature and timing right on my own and usually shoot P mode and fix it in post! :P) I think the T6i is the current model but, really, any model from the T2i up is roughly equivalent - especially with shooting RAW - as the sensor and shutter are the same and the only changes are to the JPG processing algorithms. If you want to do video you'll want to start at the T4i which added a stereo microphone to the body.

Thank you so much oceanmarina! You are very kind!

Same as Skywise for me; T4i (although I am lobbying for a new camera since I am very hard on lens and cameras!) with pictures taken in raw format and then processed using Lightroom. After Lightroom I sometimes take pictures into Photoshop Elements because I am still learning Lightroom and find it easier to do some editing there than in Lightroom. I am one of the minority who actually enjoys processing my photos as much as taking them.

That was a Canon Rebel T4i with, I think, the EF-S 17-55 lens (or it was the wide angle 10-22 EF-S - I'd have to get back to the original file at home to check). Took it as RAW (I always shoot RAW+JPG) and then did some post processing of it in Lightroom (Because I suck at getting the apperature and timing right on my own and usually shoot P mode and fix it in post! :P) I think the T6i is the current model but, really, any model from the T2i up is roughly equivalent - especially with shooting RAW - as the sensor and shutter are the same and the only changes are to the JPG processing algorithms. If you want to do video you'll want to start at the T4i which added a stereo microphone to the body.

Thank you so much oceanmarina! You are very kind!

Same as Skywise for me; T4i (although I am lobbying for a new camera since I am very hard on lens and cameras!) with pictures taken in raw format and then processed using Lightroom. After Lightroom I sometimes take pictures into Photoshop Elements because I am still learning Lightroom and find it easier to do some editing there than in Lightroom. I am one of the minority who actually enjoys processing my photos as much as taking them.

Thank you both so much!! I currently have the Olympus EPL-5, but i've never been happy with it. I don't have a video cam-corder (dropped it and cracked the glass lens at the Wilderness Lodge 2 summers ago and never replaced it).

I'm pretty much a person who keeps it on Auto (i'm definately not as advanced as you guys!)

I'm thinking of getting the Canon Rebel T6i

I want something with vibrant colors and is fast - I hate shutter lag! And will take good pictures on auto. And also takes nice video. Does the T6i sound like a good match for me?

Thanks so much for any feedback/advice,
Marina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter