Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on VDH, I wonder whether they're trying to keep studios to a capacity of 4 and 1BR to 5 - instead of the stupidity of BWV where a studio sleeps 5 and a 1BR only sleeps 4 (unless you bring a sleeping bag)! I can hardly wait to find out....

I didn’t know that abt BWV!

BCV and BRV also have studios that sleep 5 and 1BRs that sleep 4... I agree with the "stupidity description, but you don't really see that elsewhere aside from those three 2042 resorts. VGF and RIV have both studios and 1BRs that sleep 5, and Poly has studios which sleep 5 and no 1BRs at all, so it's a non-issue there.

I didn’t know that abt BWV!
Yes, originally both studios and 1BR at BWV slept 4. A number of years ago they added the bunk-size Murphy under the TV in the studios but couldn’t add them to the 1BR due to the location of the connecting doors. Apparently enough complaints came in that DVC started allowing points reservations at BWV to have 5 people in a 1BR but require them to provide their own bedding (sleeping bag, cot, sheets, blanket, pillows) and towels.

BCV and BRV also have studios that sleep 5 and 1BRs that sleep 4... I agree with the "stupidity description, but you don't really see that elsewhere aside from those three 2042 resorts.
Yes, that little Murphy beds in the studios were a retrofit to those resorts. I can’t remember whether they came with the 2014-16 refurbs or before.

With the news that DVC has applied for a timeshare license for Fort Wilderness now change our view? Still no license application for a separate timeshare association at Poly.
Like al these clues, could mean something, could mean nothing. I have no idea what factors affect timing of applying for the license, but I'm sure there are many. It's assumed the cabins will be a much shorter turnaround than the tower, and I'm guessing there would be some kind of license application even for adding rooms to the existing, but no idea really.

With the news that DVC has applied for a timeshare license for Fort Wilderness now change our view? Still no license application for a separate timeshare association at Poly.

They haven’t filed for the amendment to add it to PVB either.

So, it tells me that FW was announced as the 17th resort and this filing done because these will open first.

I think it leaves the association decision in the same place.

But, I do think that it shows that DVD doesn’t want anyone to know what is going to happen!

If Disney were smart in this current climate they would start pumping this tower up sooner rather than later. They need something new and fun to latch on to. Something positive and exciting for the non hardcore DVC/non DVC people to look forward to.
I agree they need to start marketing the Poly tower better.

When we were there in August, there was a family on a bus discussing the tower. They had no idea what it was. One member of the family finally explained it to the rest of them: it was the new attraction being built in Magic Kingdom. 🤔

I agree they need to start marketing the Poly tower better.

When we were there in August, there was a family on a bus discussing the tower. They had no idea what it was. One member of the family finally explained it to the rest of them: it was the new attraction being built in Magic Kingdom. 🤔
I think the cast members have been instructed specifically to not talk about it. When I toured Poly within the past year they basically just referred to it as that thing over there which I can’t talk about

I think the cast members have been instructed specifically to not talk about it. When I toured Poly within the past year they basically just referred to it as that thing over there which I can’t talk about
We stayed at the Poly and talked to a DVC salesperson there. I couldn't get much out of her. Tried to do the same when we were at Hollywood Studios. Super nice guy, but same result. I think they know as much as we do at this point.

I don't think this implies anything about the Poly tower association.

Announcement matches Disney previously that CFW would be 17th association. Also highly likely means CFW sales start after VGF is sold out and before Poly tower points go on sale. On the positive side, I don't know CFW announcement impacts direct sales over the next 8-9 months.

Personally, hoping Disney realizes the tower announcement (regardless of new or same), could have a significant impact their direct sales for 8+ months.

They haven’t filed for the amendment to add it to PVB either.
Did they file an amendment for VGF2? I couldn't find one when I was looking at the records online. Looked like they need to file changes to the public offering statement and marketing materials, but I couldn't find anything for the expansion.

One potential benefit of having staggered expirations at the resort is not having so much to redo at the same time.

Having so many end in 2042 is going to be interesting for DVD. There had to be a reason why they changed it up to give every new resort 50 years.

Owners would still have an option at the Poly with tower rooms while long houses could be refurbed and resold.
How many total points expiring at WDW in 2042? Is it close to 8 million that will expire if Poly2 is the same association?

How many total points expiring at WDW in 2042? Is it close to 8 million that will expire if Poly2 is the same association?

There are quite a few and it might be more than what would happen with Poly if the tower is added and all rooms now expire in 2066

But, that’s one thing that people say DVD could struggle with when all those 2042 resorts leave DVC at once.

Having the ability to stagger fmay very well be a purposeful plan thst they choose to do.

Did they file an amendment for VGF2? I couldn't find one when I was looking at the records online. Looked like they need to file changes to the public offering statement and marketing materials, but I couldn't find anything for the expansion.

The POS changes are the amendment. So, they updated the documents to include the resort studios and what I am talking about.

So far, nothing has been officially done to add to PVB..which means that the decision has not yet been legally put in play.

Interesting that they're going to sell the "cheaper" resort first instead of what should be a much higher end/higher priced product in the tower. If I were DVD I would want as many customers with willing cash as possible to make a nice dent in the Poly point sales as soon as possible. CFW could fill in many customers direct needs at a much lower price whereas they might have been willing to push the bank account a little more if the tower was on sale first. But what do I know I'm sure they have their research done.

Interesting that they're going to sell the "cheaper" resort first instead of what should be a much higher end/higher priced product in the tower. If I were DVD I would want as many customers with willing cash as possible to make a nice dent in the Poly point sales as soon as possible. CFW could fill in many customers direct needs at a much lower price whereas they might have been willing to push the bank account a little more if the tower was on sale first. But what do I know I'm sure they have their research done.
Interesting you think CFW will be ‘cheaper’. Isn’t every freestanding villa option more expensive, point wise, than connected ones?

Interesting you think CFW will be ‘cheaper’. Isn’t every freestanding villa option more expensive, point wise, than connected ones?
I also think they could justify an equal cost per point if the dues cover pony rides, horseback riding, archery, etc

At this point I'd bet dollars to donuts that one will be able to purchase CFV points cheaper than Poly tower points even if they are priced the same before all incentives. The cabins will be more points than a Poly studio but not 1 and 2 bedrooms and GVs.

For a similar comparison during summer months the treehouse villas, which by all accounts will be bigger than the glamping cabins, go for 44 points per night and as a close enough comparison to Poly tower during the same season the GFV 1 bedrooms are 41 Standard and 49 Lake, 2 bedrooms 56 S 66 L, and GV 131 points a night.

Even if somehow the points per night of the cabins are higher, and remember the cabins are/were a moderate, but for argument's sake it's higher than the treehouses then one can also say Poly tower will be proportionally higher than VGF points as well. I could be wrong but that's my rationale.

At this point I'd bet dollars to donuts that one will be able to purchase CFV points cheaper than Poly tower points even if they are priced the same before all incentives. The cabins will be more points than a Poly studio but not 1 and 2 bedrooms and GVs.

For a similar comparison during summer months the treehouse villas, which by all accounts will be bigger than the glamping cabins, go for 44 points per night and as a close enough comparison to Poly tower during the same season the GFV 1 bedrooms are 41 Standard and 49 Lake, 2 bedrooms 56 S 66 L, and GV 131 points a night.

Even if somehow the points per night of the cabins are higher, and remember the cabins are/were a moderate, but for argument's sake it's higher than the treehouses then one can also say Poly tower will be proportionally higher than VGF points as well. I could be wrong but that's my rationale.
The THV have 3 bedrooms, the cabins will have 1. I cannot see how they can cost more or even just a bit less.

This is the artwork:
https://dvcfan.com/2023/04/20/disneys-fort-wilderness-cabins-are-becoming-dvc-properties/
I don't see the height for a loft to add another "room.

Given the current nightly cost, which is less than any another DVC studio, it's hard even to justify the points of a 1BR.

I do not thinks there is a lot of overlap between people interested in Poly2 and the cabins. They're two completely different experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter