Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly have faith that Disney will make it look great. But adding that many more people to that resort, I believe, could ruin it.
Disney needs to install railroad tracks between the tower and the rest of the Polynesian. And make the 'elite' tower people feel disgusted and shamed if they cross the railroad tracks to the 'lesser' side. :-)

I have a feeling Disney is going to make it nice enough that you will want to hang out at the tower instead of the main resort.
Is there anything in the plans that suggests there will be much space for hanging out at the tower? I was assuming the ratio of rooms to public facilities was pretty low.

Disney needs to install railroad tracks between the tower and the rest of the Polynesian. And make the 'elite' tower people feel disgusted and shamed if they cross the railroad tracks to the 'lesser' side. :-)
Oh lawd, 😅😅😅

Any bets on whether or not Poly 2 association will be announced during condo association meeting today?

Since tower will be several months after CFW, the more they talk about tower it may harm sales. DVD wants to sell RIV right now and draw interest in CFW since it will be the next resort to go on sale.

Maybe a few crumbs for the tower, but they likely avoid more than a minute or two on it.

Any bets on whether or not Poly 2 association will be announced during condo association meeting today?

I’m 50/50 on it. I am waiting for the report on whether the same slide as last year is used which was reported to have PVB on it.

If that slide has been corrected, I think it’s a big hint it’s new. If not, it’s the same.

But, I am hoping that they talk about both FW and Poly in more detail.

Last edited:
I’m 50/50 on it. I am waiting for the report on whether the same slide as last year is used which was reported to have PVB on it.

If that slide has been corrected, I think it’s a big hint it’s new. If not, it’s the same.

For anyone joining late, allow me to summarize the thread:
1701980607478.png

I think they may have read your post and removed the slide entirely. From what DVCNews has posted so far, haven't seen anything about the tower being mentioned.

Chang: “Our plans right now are for the new tower to be part of the existing Polynesian Resort.” Looks like theres our answer hopefully.
Yep. Beat me to it. Wow is all I can say. I've said for months I'll be shocked if they miss a chance to restrict all those points. Color me shocked. Really casts doubt on their belief in the strategy long term.

Chang: “Our plans right now are for the new tower to be part of the existing Polynesian Resort.” Looks like theres our answer hopefully.
Is that an answer though? It was not the "existing Polynesian Resort association". That answer very much could mean shared amenities, shared lobby, etc. Could argue that BRV and CCV are the same "Wilderness Lodge Resort".

Is that an answer though? It was not the "existing Polynesian Resort association". That answer very much could mean shared amenities, shared lobby, etc. Could argue that BRV and CCV are the same "Wilderness Lodge Resort".
Also true, My God trying to get a straight answer out of these people... But I think it's just a quirk in wording. He did say "part of existing" so I'll assume same association until the actual documents are shown

The question was specific to new or existing associations though. It might be a highly legalese answer but in terms of answering the question asked, it seems like they are saying same association.

Also true, My God trying to get a straight answer out of these people... But I think it's just a quirk in wording. He did say "part of existing" so I'll assume same association until the actual documents are shown
For that exact reason I think the wording had to be chosen very carefully. They had to know this question was coming today so I'm sure they rehearsed what the answer would be. I think they answered strategically knowing that response allows them to go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter