• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This would help with the end of contract worries where people don’t have a full year to use their points.
We aren’t there yet but if I were to guess people just won’t pay it if they aren’t going that year, especially my fellow December use year members. What are they going to do, freeze our timeshare? Okay.

Couldn’t agree more, except for maybe the spam musubi. Leave the spam in Hawaii, but bring the rest of your list to the Poly tower! 😂
Musubi comes in different varieties. There is a chicken musubi......maybe a substitute for the spam.

But I do like the spam version. Salty/sweet, yum.

As I was (not) falling asleep last night I was wondering—can they have concierge rooms in the new tower but put those guests in the same concierge club that already exists at Poly hotel? 🤔

We have never used the club so I don’t know how crowded it gets, but seems like it would be a great way to free up another 1000-10000 (?) points to sell even if you only offer a handful of concierge rooms. Do I have my math approximately right, for each each concierge room you can charge another 10-20 points a night, x 365= 3,650-7,300 points for slapping on the word concierge…at $200/point, each room given the label would be $600,000-$1,500,000 in additional points they could sell upfront(!) and then each night they get $100-200 (in dues, but more like $200-400 in point rentals?) for a lounge that already exists. 🤔🤔
The club lounge thread on here constantly complains how crowded/busy the Poly CL is. So no chance they would add more rooms/people to that hot mess.

I do like the idea of a dedicated CL in the tower though. If I recall correctly, DVD/DVC had a survey recently which asked specifically about more CL offerings coming to DVC. Maybe that was a hint at what they're doing with the tower?

We aren’t there yet but if I were to guess people just won’t pay it if they aren’t going that year, especially my fellow December use year members. What are they going to do, freeze our timeshare? Okay.

We have a Sept UY BWV and will borrow that last year of points so we have less risk of forfeiting points if we needed reservation change. I thinking DVC might have us pay that last year of dues when the points get used? Not sure how they can legally work it though.

We have a Sept UY BWV and will borrow that last year of points so we have less risk of forfeiting points if we needed reservation change. I thinking DVC might have us pay that last year of dues when the points get used? Not sure how they can legally work it though.
Keep in mind that dues are assessed and payable based on calendar year, not use year. So at the most, we BWV owners would be liable for dues (operating and maintenance expenses) for only the month of January, 2042, because at midnight on January 31, 2042, the BWV condominium association ceases to exist, and building ownership reverts to Disney. So I'm thinking that in January 2041 they might bill us for estimated expenses from January 1, 2041, through January 31, 2042. After that date, we're no longer responsible for operating or maintaining BWV.

Keep in mind that dues are assessed and payable based on calendar year, not use year. So at the most, we BWV owners would be liable for dues (operating and maintenance expenses) for only the month of January, 2042, because at midnight on January 31, 2042, the BWV condominium association ceases to exist, and building ownership reverts to Disney. So I'm thinking that in January 2041 they might bill us for estimated expenses from January 1, 2041, through January 31, 2042. After that date, we're no longer responsible for operating or maintaining BWV.
Thanks, That makes sense.

If they work with Paia Fish Market for a quick service restaurant, DW knows where she will find me for lunch and dinner. 🤣

You don't want that shipped 6000 miles after its delivered to Maui. lol
We have a poke bowl place near us on the mainland. Happened to be talking to a women on the big island. Her nephew runs the restaurant. He has fresh caught fish packaged on ice and flown in. Delicious. 😋

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter