Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are myriad ways to light money on fire at WDW, but CL is the worst IMO. 🤷‍♂️ 😂
😭 try living with an accountant in the family. You listen to enough lectures on the lost opportunity of delayed investing while trying to enjoy some overpriced Disney canapés, and you’ll pack a sandwich in your bag like my poor kids. CPA should be banned from Disney property

Wow you just basically made a list of our favorite WDW restaurants. You are clearly a gentleman of culture.

View attachment 854455
🤣

There are honestly so many amazing food options on WDW property, I don't understand why anyone would want to be handcuffed to club level eating...unless of course you have so much money that it doesn't matter.

For those in that latter case, live it up in the club level like Scrooge McDuck! We all hope to be you someday.
sport-of-tycoons-carl-barks.jpg

🤣

There are honestly so many amazing food options on WDW property, I don't understand why anyone would want to be handcuffed to club level eating...unless of course you have so much money that it doesn't matter.

For those in that latter case, live it up in the club level like Scrooge McDuck! We all hope to be you someday.
sport-of-tycoons-carl-barks.jpg
Honestly it's great for breakfast throughout the trip and lazy days near the end of the trip where your feet are tired and you're just like I don't want to go anywhere but I want food. Like now. :P Although I do love eating at table service

Honestly it's great for breakfast throughout the trip and lazy days near the end of the trip where your feet are tired and you're just like I don't want to go anywhere but I want food. Like now. :P Although I do love eating at table service
Get a normal room for the start of the trip with DDP. Spend time in the parks and nice restaurants.

End of trip, move to concierge room and relax at the resort.

Father (deceased), brother (retired), niece, and nephew were/are accountants. They will love it when I mention this to them.

End of trip, move to concierge room and relax at the resort.
This is risky for a family with theme park enthusiasts— at least in my family, there would be a lot of sadness (mostly my kids, a little bit me) that the “fun” part of the WDW trip was over. If you don’t mind multiple room changes (and Disney makes that relatively frictionless) a concierge break in the middle could be ideal.

This is risky for a family with theme park enthusiasts— at least in my family, there would be a lot of sadness (mostly my kids, a little bit me) that the “fun” part of the WDW trip was over. If you don’t mind multiple room changes (and Disney makes that relatively frictionless) a concierge break in the middle could be ideal.
Admittedly, I don't think I could handle a resort only day at most resorts. Polynesian might be the only one I could personally do this.

If they ever bring back room service and have the Ohana Feast on the menu, forget club level. Having the Ohana Feast on the balcony while watching the fireworks from your own room was an amazing experience. We would order the Ohana Feast for delivery, get beverages from Tambu Lounge, and slowly walk back to the room. If you timed it right, they would be delivering the food just before the fireworks. NOTE: we only did this when we had PVB lake view 3rd floor rooms.

Admittedly, I don't think I could handle a resort only day at most resorts. Polynesian might be the only one I could personally do this.

If they ever bring back room service and have the Ohana Feast on the menu, forget club level. Having the Ohana Feast on the balcony while watching the fireworks from your own room was an amazing experience. We would order the Ohana Feast for delivery, get beverages from Tambu Lounge, and slowly walk back to the room. If you timed it right, they would be delivering the food just before the fireworks. NOTE: we only did this when we had PVB lake view 3rd floor rooms.
I plan on doing something similar from my Congress Park balcony with my Gideon's cake, hopefully watching the new drone show...

Maybe it's just me since I have super young kids, but we love our resort days. Do an 8:30am sit down breakfast, go to the pool around 10:30, order lunch poolside, then a quick siesta for the kids around 1:30, more pool time from 3-5, then it's dinner time followed by fireworks.

Resort days at Poly are pretty luxurious, although the breakfast dining is too loud for me. I don’t even need a dinner reservation either. I really enjoyed eating at the pool with my takeout bag. The service is good if you order from the pool staff also. I would consider Jambo house also very nice but I didn’t spend as much time there as I hope to after the refurb. My family will love it there but probably not a whole week as my dh complains about buses.

Oh … well, ok … just watched a YouTube Vlogger ( Brianna Tata) coaching people to gate crash the pool at Poly so they can get fish Tacos 🤦‍♀️ I’m doubling down on my assertion that Poly Tower pool needs wristbands 🤯
I think all the monorail resorts should do it. It's too easy to park at TTC and pack a backpack with towels and etc. and then just jump in the pool. These resorts are crowded enough without people who aren't staying there using the amenities.

Wow. Brazen. Yes, Poly needs wristbands.
I’d go one step further…should this vlogger be banned from Disney property? Haven’t watched the video but sounds like she’s openly advocating for people to break Disney’s hotel rules/policies?

Edit: Just watched her vlog from the poly. It’s not nearly as bad as I was anticipating since she wasn’t breaking any rules herself as a poly guest. Still wish she wouldn’t tell people on her vlog to just wait until someone opens the gate, but it is what it is. Nothing wrist bands can’t solve for.

Last edited:
Oh … well, ok … just watched a YouTube Vlogger ( Brianna Tata) coaching people to gate crash the pool at Poly so they can get fish Tacos 🤦‍♀️ I’m doubling down on my assertion that Poly Tower pool needs wristbands 🤯

How do we advocate for this to member services?

I've mentioned/posted this for years. (Wrist bands, etc) I've also contacted MS on multiple occasions. All to no avail.

Oops didn't mean to not reply :/
Yes...I've witnessed, on several occasions, moms & their kids changing into bathing suits in the restroom near Capt Cooks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter