Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't complain if it didn't remind me of every other new hotel lobby that isn't named Disney. I just expect Disney to have an immersive, straight to another place type of feel. I expect a Disney resort to be different. A place i ONLY can see and experience at Disney. Just me though
EVERY other hotel lobby looks like that? Maybe at the Four Seasons…

Compare it to the Disneyland Hotel Tower and Rivera lobbies….

Last edited:
Doesn’t this mean they will start selling points soon? I am guessing maybe June 1st?

My guess is no. If there are opening it to all cash guests on June 5th (with DVC and APs having advance booking for cash) then my guess is sales won't start until after that...I predict July or August....

I think people would complain no matter what they do. The pictures of the lobby look amazing and does it really matter what they named the tower if it’s just part of the same association?
I'm not mad about it or anything, more of a shrug about the name. The lobby looks very nice I agree. Some people think anything less than over the top WL/AK type theming looks like a Best Western in Des Moines.

I guarantee there will be Disney touches and it will be nice. I have faith

I really thought Disney would blend the two resorts together moreso with it being the same association. I see no resemblance or trace of a resemblance at all. Am I wrong? I was thinking like an Aulani type theme?

I think the lobby looks pretty nice. I thought it would have looked a different, maybe a brighter version of Aulani. It reminds me more of Gran Destino. It does look like there is an awful lot of open, empty space.

I will definitely be waitlisting for all my trips at the 7 month mark. One day I'll stay there. Hoping the points bookings open soon too. I can't even imagine how expensive the cash bookings will be.

We are staying at VGF in Jan 2025, so I really hope the walking path to the Poly is open again so I can walk over and check it out.

I really thought Disney would blend the two resorts together moreso with it being the same association. I see no resemblance or trace of a resemblance at all. Am I wrong? I was thinking like an Aulani type theme?
Aulani definitely shows a tower can be immaculately themed. I'm confident there will be Disney touches and theming not visible in these renderings. Looks great to me either way

My guess is no. If there are opening it to all cash guests on June 5th (with DVC and APs having advance booking for cash) then my guess is sales won't start until after that...I predict July or August....
Didn’t they start selling cabin points before they allowed them to book? I know they had a similar approach with the cabins. I believe cash stays went before point stays. I may be wrong though

Aulani was designed with Hawaiian history and authenticity in mind, in every corner of the resort. This, folks, is NOT that kind of design. It's boilerplate New Disney Resort. It could've been designed by AI.

Anyone remember how BPK first started booking with points? Did new and current VGF owners get a head start, or did it open to all members at once?

Aulani was designed with Hawaiian history and authenticity in mind, in every corner of the resort. This, folks, is NOT that kind of design. It's boilerplate New Disney Resort. It could've been designed by AI.
I'm reserving judgment until we have more than a couple of lobby renderings. It won't be Aulani, but I don't think it will be as non-themed as these images make it seem. I'm just glad we have something new to argue about 😂

The thing is DVC is trying to grow and change with its audience. What was popular 15-20 years ago isn’t so much anymore. They’re trying to make it appeal to younger generations that will be bring their families back for the next 50 years. This is what’s popular right now. Maybe by the next refurbishment cycle, overly themed, in your face Disney (I say this with love because I also love DISNEY everywhere) will be back and they’ll add a lot more but for now this is the subtle luxury that is appealing…at least this is what they believe will appeal and be popular.

I think it looks great so far, I’m looking forward to seeing more now than I was a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter