Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks better than I expected from Disney.
Is that a waterfall wall?

Walk into the lobby. To the one side it looks like a waterfall wall with a sitting area. (if I see the image correctly). Very short walk through the building to the feature side of the building. (Much like Aulani). Step outside and you see the wedding pavilion to the left, GF, lake/lagoon, possibly see part of MK, tower pool, etc.

Pretty sure it's just wallpaper.

Didn’t they start selling cabin points before they allowed them to book? I know they had a similar approach with the cabins. I believe cash stays went before point stays. I may be wrong though

Yes but they did not with VDH. I think it has to do with the nature of the two resorts?

Plus, the cabins didn’t have 4 million points already in circulation to book the initial declaration of rooms. That is not the same as with the Tower…so, I definitely can see that playing a role in when sales start and when points bookings for those owners of both current and new PVB points will be given the booking.

We shall see.

every other new hotel lobby that isn't named Disney.
@CastAStone beat me to it:
What hotel lobby looks like THAT?

On the subject of authenticity
You mean like the fact that all of the "authenticity" of the original resort that's lacking in the tower is about 95% Southern California Tiki Culture circa 1964, and about 5% "Polynesia"?
This, times 1,000. The Poly barely even registers as Haole Hawaii. It is very reminiscent of, say, the faux waterfall at Duke's on Kauai. I like Duke's. I like the Sonesta/Marriott Vacation Club that it is next to. But it's not really what I think of as authentic Hawaii.

(Ask someone who lives on the island what they think of the Sonesta. Be prepared for a rant.)

You can get to, and through, Hawaii for much less.
The biggest problem with Hawaii for me is that it is so darn far away. On the bright side, that has encouraged me to think of the islands as a two-week trip, minimum. My last two visits were for three weeks.

Pretty sure it's just wallpaper.
If that’s wallpaper wall, they really missed. My medical and dental clinics both have multistory waterfall walls. Kids are drawn to it. Really thought it would be a waterfall because the second floor even has the area for people to look at it.

I'm afraid those things will be bungalow level points. Which would mean even more points pumped into PVB for villas most people will never book
I would love to use my SAPs at those penthouses. One of my issues with the Bungalows is that there are only two dedicated beds. A two bedroom overlooking the fireworks with a king and two queens would be ideal for us.

If that’s wallpaper wall, they really missed. My medical and dental clinics both have multistory waterfall walls. Kids are drawn to it. Really thought it would be a waterfall because the second floor even has the area for people to look at it.
1715357636341.png

Given that the other 99% of the wall finishes shown in this drawing (purely conceptual art) are definitely NOT wallpaper, I'm pretty sure, regardless of whether it's wet or dry, it will look fabulous.

I only saw Duo, didn't see them mention a full size studio 4-5 person. Maybe I missed it.

Someone posted that the post from Scott G was updated to include that size room.

I can’t believe they would make all 1 and 2 bedrooms as dedicated…and have no lock offs. That is the only way there are no studios.

I mean a duo can combine with a 1 bedroom but then you have something short of a 2 bedroom so I don’t see that at all.

ETA. Article by Paul also now mentions those will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter