Let's talk Cricut

OrangeBirdGirl

DIS Veteran
I currently use the Silhouette Cameo and I love it. I had a Cricut, way back years and years ago the first model where you only had the cartridges and it wasn't compatible with your computer so you had to set the designs with the dial to the size. I sold my Cricut.

I was hoping Silhouette would license Disney and considering Cricut just received Frozen images I'm assuming Disney will only go to Cricut for the shapes.

I am going to buy a Cricut (keep my Sil as well). But I am so confused by all the models. I see if I want Frozen I need to buy the Explore. However, from what I read online it looks like Frozen will be available in the online store for other models in 2015. I have done the "compare machines" on Cricut's website and I can't tell the difference other than size.

I am looking for a machine that I could hook up to my computer and design there. That's the biggest need on the machine. I believe from what I read online that the software that is tied to the Explore is just for Explore and it's leaps and bounds better then the software you use for the other Cricut's. If that is true, then I'd want the Explore. I like the option I saw on some videos where you could design something for an item (like a bag, you could pretend like the image is on the bag). I'm not sure if that software is what's tied to Explore?

Thanks for any help you could provide.

The Cricut Explore and it's software is what you will need to cut your svg files and the Frozen items.

However, from what I understand you have to link your cartridges into Design Space (the software) in order to use them. I had read that if say you borrow my cart for a let's say sailboat... because that cart is linked to my account and not yours it won't cut for you.
I have been reading on here about it: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCricut/posts/10151873864266434?fref=nf

Also on this site: http://us.cricut.com/home/cricutblo...out-the-cricut-explore-system-we-have-answers

Good luck with your decision. I don't think I will go with the Explore because some of my carts were my mom's and so I can not link them to my account because they are in hers that she does not use any longer. ;(

Thanks for your input Nancy. I no longer had any cartridges as I sold with my original circuit years ago.

I bought the Explore as it was at the newest machine, and I wanted the Frozen files. I love it!

You are right on the carts though. I have to cut images through the Cricut software, I can't just plug in a cartridge and select the size and cut right from the machine like you could on other models. If I had a cartridge I would have to insert it into the machine, link to the software (or pull up from already linked) and then I have access to it and I no longer use the cartridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter