Lets use this thread to track Port Upgrades

I may be wrong but I think everyone in your family has to be present for check in.

Any more upgrades to report? I am looking for Fantasy info....

If we are arriving by rental car, is it best for DH to drop us off and then he returns the car, taking the shuttle back? Can we check in and get in line for upgrades without him?

Or best for us all to take the shuttle together from the rental car company? If so, how soon can we get back to the port to check in?

Thanks! The last time we upgraded was in L.A. Haven't upgraded at Port Canaveral in several years.

Not sure if it's changed in 2.5 years but as long as you have your dh's passport you could 'check in' he just has to go up and show himself to them afterwards...my husband dropped us off and he took shuttle back...we had already received our room keys and everything...and I got in line for upgrades :)

Not sure if it's changed in 2.5 years but as long as you have your dh's passport you could 'check in' he just has to go up and show himself to them afterwards...my husband dropped us off and he took shuttle back...we had already received our room keys and everything...and I got in line for upgrades :)

Thank you I will try that!

#1. What category did you pay for? VGT
#2. Which Ship? Fantasy
#3. Number of Nights? 7 nights
#4. Month/Year of Sailing - December 2014
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 1st bus from MCO, 3rd group of guests in the terminal
#6. What time did you check-in? 10ish
#7. What category were you offered for upgrade? Cat V
#8. How much was the upgrade? $1225

Can I ask what category of cabin you were assigned once the VGT cabin was selected by DCL?

Scored the upgrade!

#1. Was upgrade available? Yes
#2. What category did you pay for? 8C
#3. Which Ship? Fantasy
#4. Number of Nights? 7
#5. Month/day/year of Sailing 1/3/15 Eastern
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:30
#7. What category were you offered for upgrade? 1 Bd Concierge, Family verandah concierge
#8. How much did you pay!
It was $1300 to go to verandah concierge, $2030 to get the 1 bedroom suite.

We took the suite

Scored the upgrade!

#1. Was upgrade available? Yes
#2. What category did you pay for? 8C
#3. Which Ship? Fantasy
#4. Number of Nights? 7
#5. Month/day/year of Sailing 1/3/15 Eastern
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:30
#7. What category were you offered for upgrade? 1 Bd Concierge, Family verandah concierge
#8. How much did you pay!
It was $1300 to go to verandah concierge, $2030 to get the 1 bedroom suite.

We took the suite

Has anyone had success getting a concierge upgrade when its showing not available online? Im assuming some people cancel...

Because concierge level deposits are non-refundable, every post I can find suggests there aren't a lot of cancellations. We are booked in a 1bed concierge in May and now our friends want to go in the same cat room but nothing is available so I'm kind of curious myself as to the answer to your question.

I am looking to port upgrade this coming Saturday from my assigned VGT cabin (a 5A) to a cat 4 cabin primarily for an improved location. I might go to a cat V if the price is favorable but I would prefer a lower deck and midship to concierge.
Current availability on the DCL site does not show cat 4 cabins available to book, although cruisefish shows 4A as available. They are still allowing bookings for VGT and cat 6/7 verandahs.
What are the odds of there being a cat 4 available if my PAT is 10:30?

I know we've had this experience. On a 7 day no less, I went up just in case to try to upgrade and they said someone had canceled between the time they close the registrations to sail day, we got a 1 bedroom upgraded from a 4A for about $1200. SO worth it!
We're sailiing again Jan 26 and it shows no concierge available but I have my fingers crossed! I would imagine the "rich" folks who sign up for concierge early on also sign up for travel insurance so you just never know.

FunkyChicken, what is your current cabin? Trying to decide whether to try an upgrade. I am thinking probably not

FunkyChicken, what is your current cabin? Trying to decide whether to try an upgrade. I am thinking probably not

I was assigned 10512-a 5A Starboard Forward. it is underneath the forward edge of the fitness center and the back wall of the rainforest room.
It might be fine, but reviews are mixed regarding noise.
I would happily move to a 5B or 5C, or to just about any cat 4 cabin on deck 9 or lower. Would prefer not to be aft.
If the upgrade to a V is in the $1,000 range that might be an option as well, but what I really crave is quiet. I realize that I could hand pick a cabin and end up with the loudest neighbors ever, too.
I don't regret booking VGT. Even if I end up spending some money to upgrade I still came out way cheaper than picking a cabin. Just hoping there are some options when we check in.

I know we've had this experience. On a 7 day no less, I went up just in case to try to upgrade and they said someone had canceled between the time they close the registrations to sail day, we got a 1 bedroom upgraded from a 4A for about $1200. SO worth it! We're sailiing again Jan 26 and it shows no concierge available but I have my fingers crossed! I would imagine the "rich" folks who sign up for concierge early on also sign up for travel insurance so you just never know.

Well that gives me some hope. That would be the only way I could afford it.

I was assigned 10512-a 5A Starboard Forward. it is underneath the forward edge of the fitness center and the back wall of the rainforest room. It might be fine, but reviews are mixed regarding noise. I would happily move to a 5B or 5C, or to just about any cat 4 cabin on deck 9 or lower. Would prefer not to be aft. If the upgrade to a V is in the $1,000 range that might be an option as well, but what I really crave is quiet. I realize that I could hand pick a cabin and end up with the loudest neighbors ever, too. I don't regret booking VGT. Even if I end up spending some money to upgrade I still came out way cheaper than picking a cabin. Just hoping there are some options when we check in.

I have had 12514 Fantasy and both cabin 12512 and our cabin could hear quite a bit of music from the fitness club back in October 2014. Both cabins commented to the concierge staff about the noise level.

I'm looking to see if anyone has upgraded on the Fantasy from a 7A to a 4. Anyone?

Are the upgrade amounts just random amounts? I've read over a decent amount of this thread, and am curious to see how much an upgrade would be before we get to the port. How does upgrade from a military or FL resident rate work?

Obviously upgrades are potentially available when rooms/suites have not sold out. What I'm wondering, has anyone had any experience on the Cruises that actually sail over Christmas day. Are these cruises usually so full that upgrades are just really unlikely? I can see it both ways, alot of people want to sail these dates because it is Christmas, but then to do so you pay a premium amount so this may keep people away? We are booked for Christmas 2015 Cruise on the Fantasy so trying to get some idea of expectations.

thanks

Has anyone ever been offered an upgrade at no charge if there were rooms available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter