Lets use this thread to track Port Upgrades

#1. What catagory did you pay for? 4B military rate
(please make sure you put the catagory you paid for and not the catagory you were assigned. For *GT reservations please put whether it was IGT, OGT or VGT).
#2. Which Ship? Magic
#3. Number of Nights? 7
#4. Month/Year of Sailing. October 27, 2012
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 11:30
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:45
#7. What catagory were you offered for upgrade? Cat T -1 bedroom suite
#8. How much was the upgrade? $1295.00

Although previous posts have said that the upgrade cost is not based on what you pay but what category you paid for, it didn't apply to us or another military family on this cruise. The list rate for a 4B was only about $250 cheaper than booking the 1-bedroom when we booked the military rate about two months prior to sailing. I was really surprised that they wanted so much at the port to upgrade!!! :confused3

#1. What catagory did you pay for? 7A

#2. Which Ship? Disney Magic

#3. Number of Nights? 7-nighter

#4. Month/Year of Sailing November 2012

#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? Did not apply, as I'm platinum.

#6. What time did you check-in? Not totally sure, but maybe betw/ 11:15-11:45.

#7. What category were you offered for upgrade? Asked about a Cat. T 1-bedroom suite

#8. How much was the upgrade? My friend & I are convinced that the person working the upgrade desk made a mistake in his calculation of the cost b/c if we'd upgraded our reservation on-line the week right before we sailed, it would have been $1568 for the 2 of us to go from 7A to Cat. T, but the upgrade desk CM quoted us $1900+. So obviously, we were not interested in paying MORE than what we could have booked it for prior to arriving at the port. Huge disappointment, but all in all, we didn't let it dampen our cruise. ;)

1. What catagory did you pay for? 6A

2. Which Ship? Disney Wonder

3. Number of Nights? 7-nighter

4. Month/Year of Sailing: October/November 2012

5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 11:30 am

6. What time did you check-in? 11:30 am

7. What category were you offered for upgrade? We were offered two. I don't know what the first one was called. We had the Verandah and they offered us the room size one up from us, I think it was 14 sq. feet bigger and it was on a different deck. And then we asked about the 1 bedroom. We were given price quotes on both. We were shown on a layout map exactly where the stateroom would be and what was close to it, etc.

8. How much was the upgrade? The 14 sq. feet upgrade/different deck was $319 total. The 1 bedroom was $800. We declined both as we set our budget at $500 for an upgrade but we both just couldn't fathom paying $300 and not being able to notice any difference in size. The lady doing the upgrades even said we wouldn't notice anything besides an extra table with a lamp on it. She also kinda laughed and said that everyone asking for upgrades were upgrading to our current level and that we'd be quite happy there. And we were.

I also think our ship was fairly empty, nothing ever seemed crowded and we had such a great time.

#1. What catagory did you pay for? IGT
#2. Which Ship? Magic
#3. Number of Nights? 7
#7. What category were you offered for upgrade? Verandah (sorry not sure which Cat as it was my Dad)
#8. How much was the upgrade? $1700.00

#1. What catagory did you pay for? IGT
#2. Which Ship? Magic
#3. Number of Nights? 7
#7. What category were you offered for upgrade? Verandah (sorry not sure which Cat as it was my Dad)
#8. How much was the upgrade? $1700.00

For the price I am going to have to assume it was concierge level.

Dumb question. If on a certain cruise, it seems like Concierge is already sold out, do you think that they may be some on the day of boarding? Maybe just cancellations?

Great & interesting info.
thanks for taking the time to remember all the details!

Dumb question. If on a certain cruise, it seems like Concierge is already sold out, do you think that they may be some on the day of boarding? Maybe just cancellations?

Not a dumb question at all. :) Since Concierge deposits are non-refundable, cancellations are rare.

#1. What catagory did you pay for? 5A - Actual was in a 4A, but upgrade price was based on what we paid, not assigned.
#2. Which Ship? Dream
#3. Number of Nights? 4
#4. Month/Year of Sailing. November 11, 2012
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 12:30
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:35
#7. What category were you offered for? 1 Bdrm or Verandha Conceirge
#8. How much was the upgrade? $940.00 for the 1 Bdrm

We are on a 3-night Dream leaving today. We inquired about upgrades. We were quoted the following:

11C to Cat. V - $825 (pre-cruise difference was almost $900, so not a great deal)
11C to 8A - $270
6B to Cat T - $852 (from pre-cruise VGT rate it would have been a difference of $1300)
Combine 11C and 6B to go to Cat T - $1,100

We really wanted to go to two Cat V rooms, but only one was available. The 11C had been upgraded to a 9B by Disney but pricing was based on the original booking. We ended up upgrading to the 8A to get on the same floor. However, it would have been cheaper to book a VGT for that room to start.

#1. What catagory did you pay for? 4D Florida Resident Rate
#2. Which Ship? Dream
#3. Number of Nights? 4
#4. Month/Year of Sailing. December 2, 2012
#6. What time did you check-in? 12:30
#7. What catagory were you offered for upgrade? Cat 00V
#8. How much was the upgrade? $420

#1. What category did you pay for? 11B
#2. Which Ship? Wonder
#3. Number of Nights? 14
#4. Month/Year of Sailing. October 2012
#5. What was your Port of Arrival time assignment? 11:00 - 11:30
#6. What time did you check-in? 10:30
#7. What category were you offered? 4A/B/E (?) Dlx Fam OV w/Veranda, Dk 8
#8. How much was the upgrade? $1330

#1. What category did you pay for? IGT, received 11B
#2. Which Ship? Magic
#3. Number of Nights? 7
#4. Month/Year of Sailing. 12/1/12
#6. What time did you check-in? 11:20
#7. What category were you offered? Oceanview, i don't know exactly what category
8. How much was the upgrade? $600

We were on the 12/1/12 Magic and inquired of upgrading to an oceanview and were told it would be $600. It would have only been $300 to do the OGT instead of IGT so were a little shocked and stuck with our inside and had an awesome cruise. Several CMs told us the ship was only 65% full so I was suprised.

#1. What category did you pay for? 5b
#2. Which Ship? Wonder
#3. Number of Nights? 14
#4. Month/Year of Sailing. 12/9/12
#6. What time did you check-in? Husband lined up at 7:00, he was the first one at port. They opened the doors around 9:45 to the port. We were first to check in and first at the upgrade desk ( we really wanted an upgrade)
#7. What category were you offered? Upgrade to a 4a was $1400 and the T was $3600
8. How much was the upgrade? See above

We took the T. It was more than we expected (or budgeted for) but it was well worth it in the end. With a baby an a toddler and two weeks on the ship, a suite made the trip exceptional and unforgettable

#1. What category did you pay for? 5b
#2. Which Ship? Wonder
#3. Number of Nights? 14
#4. Month/Year of Sailing. 12/9/12
#6. What time did you check-in? Husband lined up at 7:00, he was the first one at port. They opened the doors around 9:45 to the port. We were first to check in and first at the upgrade desk ( we really wanted an upgrade)
#7. What category were you offered? Upgrade to a 4a was $1400 and the T was $3600
8. How much was the upgrade? See above

We took the T. It was more than we expected (or budgeted for) but it was well worth it in the end. With a baby an a toddler and two weeks on the ship, a suite made the trip exceptional and unforgettable

Any ideas on how many T's were available when you checked in? We are on the WBPC in May and and are considering the upgrade to the T. I would expect the upgrade price might vary based on the number available of a certain category.

I think there were 5 category T's that I could have chosen. This included two of the aft handicap category T's. All of the T's were taken for upgrades by the time the cruise started. Worth it for a two week cruise!

Love this thread!! I am def going to keep checking and hope people post their current upgrade prices! I would love to upgrade at port to a Cat T on my 30th birthday cruise!!

Ditto, I have a long wait though! It will just be a 4 night Wonder, so might be my only chance for it! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter