Liberty Tree question

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So my wife has a salt intolerance and Disney is always very accommodating everywhere we go and they go above and beyond. Last trip we stopped at Liberty Tree and they explained that they just don’t have anything in the kitchen they could prepare without salt for her. They don’t have like a salmon they could make and the turkey we can’t expect them to make a turkey without salt and obviously they couldn’t make a turkey in time. We totally understand it
My question is this. I really want to go there and haven’t been in years. Is it bad form to go and just me eat and my wife have just a drink or something? I would of course tip appropriately as if my wife ate so the cast member isn’t losing out on a table. Would they allow only one person to eat with two sitting?

Unfortunately, LTT is an All You Care to Enjoy restaurant, meaning you’ll be charged the full adult price for your wife no matter how little she eats. If it were a la carte, you’d be fine, but it’s not. Sorry.
I’m asking if she doesn’t eat anything at all? She would maybe order a beer or drink that’s it she can’t eat anything they have

I’m asking if she doesn’t eat anything at all? She would maybe order a beer or drink that’s it she can’t eat anything they have
I'm sorry, Nayan is correct. At AYCTE, prix fixe and other restaurants that charge by the person instead of a la carte, each person is charged the full price for their age. This question comes up quite frequently, for many people who can't eat the full meal for various reasons.

I would suggest that ahead of the time you want to eat to stop by and explain the situation to the manager and ask if they could make an exception for her since she cannot eat anything there. It was years ago, but there were a few places where my son with anaphylactic food allergies could not eat. We were allowed to bring safe food for him and he was not charged . It was years ago, but it is always worth a conversation.

I would suggest that ahead of the time you want to eat to stop by and explain the situation to the manager and ask if they could make an exception for her since she cannot eat anything there. It was years ago, but there were a few places where my son with anaphylactic food allergies could not eat. We were allowed to bring safe food for him and he was not charged . It was years ago, but it is always worth a conversation.

It’s worth a try. But I think a child is much different from an adult in this situation & might warrant an exception. The child can’t really go off & wait somewhere on his own while the rest of the family eats there. An adult couple can split up if 1 wants to eat there & the other doesn’t or can’t. It may not be ideal, but it is certainly doable.

Last edited:
While I agree with the responses, I have actually seen this done on two ocassions. Once at Tusker house, someone came in to join a party and stood as there was no chair. It was odd and they were talked to by a server, but I do not really know what was going on. Another time at Biergarten, a lady and a gentleman were seated at the end of our table (back when they shared) and, boy, I don't know what was going on with them, but she ate and he didn't. They sat in silence, and there was a seemingly confused conversation with a CM. They did not speak to us, nor did I really want them to. They left reasonably quickly. So, I am not going to say that they would never actaully allow it, but I might agree that it is "bad form" as in both cases there was a somewhat...uncomfortable, vibe about it.

How about you eat, and she goes and has a nap in the Hall of Presidents for a bit. 😉

While obviously not a full meal, she could have a few things on the menu such as salad without the cheese (I assume they would have oil and vinegar in place of the regular salad dressing) and dessert such as ice cream or sorbet, plus beverages. I would also ask if they could do plain steamed vegetables. Can she not tolerate any salt at all or can she possibly have lower-salt items such as rolls or sliced turkey without the gravy? Do they have anything she can eat on the kid's menu such as applesauce or fresh fruit?

My DM has a salt intolerance and DH can’t have dairy and both can’t have any spice that is hot and a few years ago they were able to bring them some type of meat that had not been marinated yet can’t remember if it was turkey or beef along with sides I can’t remember what all they had but were too full for dessert.

My DM has a salt intolerance and DH can’t have dairy and both can’t have any spice that is hot and a few years ago they were able to bring them some type of meat that had not been marinated yet can’t remember if it was turkey or beef along with sides I can’t remember what all they had but were too full for dessert.
Years ago they had the al a carte lunch menu. The kitchen was probably much better able to prepare things like that back then. The menu now is set, no options to choose or customize. I’d bet the meats (and sides) now are cooked in batches off site, so no chance they would have plain meat available to be cooked fresh.

While obviously not a full meal, she could have a few things on the menu such as salad without the cheese (I assume they would have oil and vinegar in place of the regular salad dressing) and dessert such as ice cream or sorbet, plus beverages. I would also ask if they could do plain steamed vegetables. Can she not tolerate any salt at all or can she possibly have lower-salt items such as rolls or sliced turkey without the gravy? Do they have anything she can eat on the kid's menu such as applesauce or fresh fruit?
It’s more of a salt intolerance. Low sodium but can’t eat anything with a high sodium content or added salt. In addition she doesn’t eat red meat only fish, chicken really. I know the you can’t cook a turkey to order so that’s why I ask. For example we were at Boma and asked prior to sitting and in their kitchen they have salmon, chicken, and plenty of vegetables. The chef made her huge portions of chicken and salmon with wonderful spices just no salt. She also made her a dessert and the chef said she had a great time cooking for her she was wonderful. As long as they have the ingredients they all go above and beyond. Even once at sunshine seasons at the rotisserie chicken place we were looking because again we were sure the chickens are salted a cast member saw us looking and asked what we were looking at. We explained and she said hold on. A chef came out and said I have some chicken thighs I can grill for you and they were delicious.
The reason I asked here specifically is when a restaurant doesn’t have any fish we don’t expect them to cook a whole turkey without salt and obviously a turkey takes a long time LOL.
We always ask up front as we don’t except them to go out of their way especially with a restaurant like this that has a limited menu.

Years ago they had the al a carte lunch menu. The kitchen was probably much better able to prepare things like that back then. The menu now is set, no options to choose or customize. I’d bet the meats (and sides) now are cooked in batches off site, so no chance they would have plain meat available to be cooked fresh.
I am talking about the platter not the a la carte lunch menu. The last time we were there they only offered the AYCTE. They were able to do plates for them with meat that had not been marinated can not remember if it was turkey or beef and sides they could prepare without salt or dairy. That was in 2021 when we were there around Thanksgiving.

I am talking about the platter not the a la carte lunch menu. The last time we were there they only offered the AYCTE. They were able to do plates for them with meat that had not been marinated can not remember if it was turkey or beef and sides they could prepare without salt or dairy. That was in 2021 when we were there around Thanksgiving.

Sorry, I thought you meant longer ago than that. Good to know it happened even with the current menu.

Definitely try emailing the special diets team and see if they can work with your wife’s diet requests. I plan to do the same for Storybook Dining since I’m vegetarian and am allergic to mushrooms. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter