Lifejackets Provided Onboard for kids in Pool?

herky

Earning My Ears
My whole family is taking a Disney Cruise in November and I am wondering if we should pack our bulky lifejacket for our 4 year old of if Disney provides these on board? Also, does anyone know if you can take them off board to the ports of call and use on the beaches if provided? Any information would be great!

Thank you!:Pinkbounc

I didn't think to ask, but your 4 year old will definately need one in the Goofy pool--my 5 year old did--we took ours along anyhow for Castaway Cay.
The Mickey pool isn't deep enough to worry about.
Robin M.

Not certain, but I do not think you are supposed to use personal flotation devices in any of the pools. I didn't look for them, and didn't notice them either.

Even if they do allow it (or look the other way), I didn't see any Disney issue (i.e. a lot of the same things) in any pool.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Why don't you take some swimmies - the blow up things you slip on your arms? They are easy to pack.

We took our DD4 her vest she uses at the beach here at home. I was very happy we did. Especially at the Dolphin Encounter, swimming in the Blue Lagoon and Castaway Cay. She is so used to it and I relaxed a bit more because of it. When she played with DS10 who was in a innertube floaty at Castaway Cay, I was very happy she had it on. She also played with DS13 on the mat.

She did not need it in the Mickey Pool but used it in the Goofy pool even though she swam with us. NEVER by herself. But then of course, my DH was always in the Mickey Pool with her too! Isn't he brave? (Not really swimming, in the water by her at all times). He doesn't take as long to shower, I on the other hand took pictures, I take longer to get ready ;)

Next year when we do the Stingray City excursion, she'll be wearing one again.

Have a great time! Don't foget glow sticks for the evening sailaway parties!

Hi.last Jan my DD and DM and myself were on the 4 day Wonder. I brought my then 5yr old's swim vest. I am glad I did. Very handy for the Doplhin Encounter at Blue Lagoon (highly recommend it) It was not needed at the Mickey Pool, but we didn't go to the Goofy Pool at all. Again, it was handy for Castaway Cay. It wasn't that bulky to pack. I spread it open and packed clothes inside it.

We're going again this Jan. 11 4day Wonder. I am bringing it again.

Have Fun!

Just wanted to test my countdown clock!!

The life jackets that they give you for the children for the drill and for an emergency can not be used in the pools or at the ports. There is a small emergency beacon light on the life jackets that is activated by water and then it would be no good. Those life jackets are only for use if there is a problem with the ship. I would bring one from home if your child is use to wearing one while swimming.

My DD(who was 7 at the time) used her "bubble" (an egg shaped styrofoam thingy that is belted around her waist) in the Goofy pool. No one said anything about it. We also used it at CC. With the amount of kids in the Goofy pool, it gave her a little bit extra confidence as she couldn't touch the bottom.

My local YMCA sells the "bubbles" that you inflate. You need a needle (like you use to inflate a basketball). But they are very sturdy (cloth covered) and would not pop easily. You could also pack it deflated and blow it up when you got on the ship and then deflate it again to travel home. You might want to check it out.

Thank you all for replying as I now know that I will bring it with me just in case. I would never let my daughter swim by herself, however, she is very independent and won't let me help her out right now very much. This way she and I will be more comfortable on the trip.

Count down - 3.5 months!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter