Lilo and Stitch or stick to my favorite???

disneegrl4eva

DIS Veteran
ok...my favorite character breakfast is at the Plaza Inn...the food is what Im really there for anyways lol...however, my god daughter who is 5 and her mom are coming with me. now they have done the PI breakfast when it was with the Princesses so they havent gotten to see Minnie and her "amigos" like I have...and none of us have done Lilo and Stitch...I asked her mom which one she would rather do (as this is a surprise trip Im giving her as her christmas present this year :goodvibes) and of course her mom says "whatever you want...your the disney expert...here we go! :rolleyes2 ...anyways, those of you who have done L and S at least this year, can you please tell me why this would be a better one for a 5yo instead of M and F? she does watch L and S but shes not googoo over them like she is our darling princess: princess: princess: ...any help would be appreciated...

We went to Lilo and Stitch last Christmas and it was fun! The kids could get up and dance and play some games. We saw Minnie, Pluto, Daisy and Lilo and Stitch of course... it was a fun one.

We have only been to the Plaza Inn when it was the Princess breakfast and we all know what a mess that was.... anyways we are going at Halloween this year and have PS's for Minnie and Friends....

Oh - I have a 6 yr old girl and a 3 yr old boy.

Will let you know which I thought was better.

Personally, I would stick with Minnie and Friends. But, I hate leaving the park to hike all the way over to the PP hotel.

We have a PS for an early morning Lilo & Stitch. I've debated between the same two character meals. DS2 loves Winnie the Pooh and friends, so I know he would like the Minnie & Friends breakfast if they were there. He doesn't really know Lilo & Stitch (mental note, need to watch that movie with him this week...) But the L&S breakfast has gotten rave reviews from DISers for both the food and the fun, so I know both boys will love it.

We are also doing a Goofy's Kitchen meal. That one sounds VERY LIVELY, so I'm hoping the boys won't be too pooped to party, we're scheduled for an early dinner!

I'll try to remember to review our experiences and take pictures. :)

If you find something that is SO FANTASTIC that you know everyone will have a good time I say stick with it....

But if you think it would be fun to go and try something that no one, even you, hasnt tried, I think that would be a fun experience for all. I think seeing any character in general would be a delight for any child.

mystic_path said:
If you find something that is SO FANTASTIC that you know everyone will have a good time I say stick with it....

I think seeing any character in general would be a delight for any child.

Agree with the first comment. "You don't know my kids" to the second. My kids love the characters...as long as they have 20' buffer zone. DS's character breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen was kind of a waste. DD, OTOH, loved her Princess lunch at Ariel's Grotto. I think it's because those characters are real people, and not someone in a big suit.

Alex2kMommy said:
We are also doing a Goofy's Kitchen meal. That one sounds VERY LIVELY, so I'm hoping the boys won't be too pooped to party, we're scheduled for an early dinner

we are going to goofys kitchen for dinner our first night there because I know about the pooped part...thing is she is a very small eater as is and I know going somewhere expecially when there is alot of guest interaction...she will eat even less...I was thinking doing M&F because she will have to wait till they come to her table whereas L&S shes gonna want to :dance3: so Im still not sure...

Good point! OK, you made me look... ;)

Our GK dinner is on our 3rd day. Well, still hoping they'll have the energy. We're planning to go back to our hotel mid-day for DS2's nap. Maybe I can talk DS6 into a nap that day. If not, maybe I'll be taking pictures of DS6 napping at dinner while a character mugs behind him. :lmao:

We have had great interaction at the Lilo and Stitch Breakfast! We like the Plaza Inn also, but Lilo is a crack up and has such a spunky attitude, and she plays off of Stitch really well. We laugh the most at this breakfast! Stitch would pretend to put the kids drink straws up his nose, and Lilo would have him do tricks when she wasn't banging on the glass windows at the people outside walking to the park! My teenagers were even laughing. We saw Daisy (quite elusive, you know!) and Minnie and Pluto. Great Photo Opp. with the characters in front of the surf shack inside of the restaurant. They play music from the Lilo and Stitch soundtracks, and we have had to go out and buy it because we enjoyed the songs so much.
At the Plaza we have had the most fun with the Fairy Godmother! She can be so funny! The food is good at both places, although a little different.

You will have fun at either one you choose! :sunny:

man this is so hard...all of you bring up positive points for both and Im still as confused as to what to do as ever :confused3 but let me ask this...if your child doesnt like to eat much, which one do you think they would eat more at???? btw we are doing GK and AG so its not like she wont get a character meal

Somebody posted previously that they had a child who does not eat much, so they wanted to do a meal where they could order off the menu rather than pay for a buffet. They then ordered something small, so that they didn't have to pay buffet price for a few bites. Don't know if that will influence your opinion at all, but something to consider. :)

Alex2kMommy said:
Somebody posted previously that they had a child who does not eat much, so they wanted to do a meal where they could order off the menu rather than pay for a buffet. They then ordered something small, so that they didn't have to pay buffet price for a few bites. Don't know if that will influence your opinion at all, but something to consider. :)

can you do that at L&S? I know you can do it at Storytellers but I wasnt aware you could for L&S...

Yes, you can order off the menu or do the buffet at Lilo and Stitch. Atleast that is what I have found during my research of character meals. There is a site that gives you the menus for both places, I think it is dlresortinfo.com.

Just got back from a stay at Paradise Pier. We did the Lilo and Stitch breakfast and had a great time. They have some food items that I haven't seen elsewhere (a fruit smoothie and banana fosters french toast). And the character interaction was a blast!

We've never done Minnie & friend at the Plaza Inn, but I can't say enough good things about Lilo & Stitch's at PPH. We love the fact that you can order off the menu or just order the buffet. OUr last tip was 8 night and 8 days and we did lilo's twice on that trip. The kids had a blast with all their interactive games and the character interaction was great. Lilo sat in my son's chair (while he was up getting food from the buffet) and read the paper with dh and i. When it came time to order, she even suggested to order the breakfast burrito (which was gigantic and very good). We got a lot of personal attention from Lilo that even after we left and we were walking on the sidewalk past the restaurant, Lilo popped out of the emergency door and waved goodbye and blew kisses to my kids. I don't think you'll go wrong with Lilo & Stitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter